[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>attending lecture >realize that 4/5 of the people have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1473288459228.png (168KB, 407x379px) Image search: [Google]
1473288459228.png
168KB, 407x379px
>attending lecture
>realize that 4/5 of the people have glasses
>realize the 1/5th without glasses are all normal weight or even athletic
what's up with the fat nerds and glasses? is there a correlation between overall health and eyesight? I major in CS so everyone including the fitter guys are used to staring monitors for extended periods of time.
>>
>>38707669
there is a causation for obesity and quite a lot of problems. i would not be surprised at all if poor eyesight was one of the many.
>>
>>38707669

Be careful m8. I had perfect vision until my sophomore year of my CS degree. Now I'm stuck wearing glasses at work and contacts on the weekends.

I was actually fatter in high school and as I got more fit, my eyesight got worse.
>>
>>38707669
My poor eyesight is actually genetic. Ohshitsoundlikeafatty.jpeg
>>
>>38707669
I have bad eyes and I've always been underweight until I started bulking recently
>>
>>38707669
In middle school I read so much I lost 2 points out of 10 in eyesight, when I stopped reading and wearing glasses in high school it got back to nearly 10/10 so I can't complain
>>
>>38707669
The fat people all sat too close to the TV while eating garbage as kids.
>>
Nerds like glasses because it covers some of their face and draws attention away from other parts of their head. Also nice if you have bags under your eyes.
>tldr glasses distracts from ugliness
>>
>>38707669
Lol dude you'll see in a bout a year or so
>>
>>38708816
No
>>
High blood sugar causes nerve damage, including ocular nerves. It's pretty rare to find someone with the beetus that doesn't wear glasses.
>>
because nerds can actually read and do so, damaging their eye sight in the process
>>
File: 1436052465983.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1436052465983.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>appointment for lasik surgery next friday
>mfw

Hoping it goes well lads, met with the doctor and he said there is a good chance I will end up with better than 20/20 vision. Right now without glasses I can see clearly about two feet ahead of me.
>>
tfw when -7, -7 eyes :( pretty much made me unable to play sports until I was old enough to wear contact lenses, (was 15 in UK at that time if I recall correctly...) by which time I'd lost a lot of my interest. Sigh.
>>
>>38708838
Okay, nerd
>>
>>38708698
This.
Im a fucking cardio bunny and its the most annoying thing in the world. Imagine watching a fucking TV mounted to a roomba that just ran over cockroach. Thats what its like while running.
>>
File: 1447186479464.jpg (106KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1447186479464.jpg
106KB, 800x800px
>>38709409
Are they literally bouncing on your nose or something? I started running recently and I wear glasses, it sounds to me like you need to wear a frame that fits right IMO.
Pop in to your optometrist and have them fiddle with the arms a bit. I don't think they'd charge for something small like that and it can make a big difference in comfortability.
>>38708816
They're also a lot easier to put on than contacts, I had contacts for my first three years in high school and the little shits were always drying up or getting irritated or blurry or whatever the fuck. The only downside to wearing glasses is that you have shitty peripheral vision.
>>
People who do not care for themselves or their appearance wear glasses.

Those that care for themselves wear contacts

/thread
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.