[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people on /fit/ believe that powerlifting is the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: DSC02911-300x400.jpg (20KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02911-300x400.jpg
20KB, 300x400px
Why do people on /fit/ believe that powerlifting is the best way for a natty to gain size/aesthetics?
>>
File: IMG_20160826_233741.jpg (2MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160826_233741.jpg
2MB, 3480x4640px
>>38707213
Because it is.

Look at my back gains and weep.
>>
I didnt know people on /fit/ believe that
>>
>>38707237

Any routine that has a couple of isolations in it and exercises with more than five reps is branded a brosplit that is only good for roiders.
>>
If you do 6 months to 1 year of strength training, you will achieve maximum aesthetics within the next 2-4 years of bro-split training.

If you never do a strength routine, you could end up spending 10 years before reaching that same physique due to the fact you trained like a retard and didn't progress.
>>
>>38707255
Do I need to lurk moar?
>>
>>38707257

>Broscience
>>
>>38707213
Because this guy in the picture cut for 2 months then he'd look better than 90% of /fit/
No other program would do achieve putting on muscle mass this fast
>>
>>38707271
Its not broscience.....its the whole reason why people say to train strength when you first start...its literal science
>>
>>38707281

No he fucking wouldn't he is fat as fuck with a massively over estimated amount of muscle.

He would also have stretch marks due to gaining 0.5lb per day and possibly loose skin.
>>
>>38707230
I agree with you but the only thing that makes me weep in that pic is your sweaty ass crack. Sort your shit out m8.
>>
File: 1.png (24KB, 1581x123px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
24KB, 1581x123px
>>38707350

No one says that apart from retards on /fit/

The strength base thing is broscience.
>>
>>38707396
lmao

Kai Green can Incline Barbell Bench Press 5 plates for reps.

Every single person the Olympia stage benches at least 4 plates for reps.
>>
>>38707255
You clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Programs with sets of 5 are recommended a lot because it's a good rep range for new lifters to gain strength quickly and a but of size too. As a new lifter you can gain strength much faster than size so that is why routines focusing on strength are so highly recommended on here. (and every other decent site that discusses lifting incidentally)

But after that initial phase where noon gains come fast and you can easily add 2 or 3 pl8 to your major lifts higher rep ranges are absolutely encouraged, depending on individual goals. Hell even powerlifters encourage working in higher volume as a tool to progress, especially on upper body lifts like bench and OHP (not a powerlift but lots of people do it because it's a fucking great compound lift). Progressing bench or OHP without going into rep ranges of 8+ is a fucking nightmare and you'd be retarded to stick to 5 forever.

Hell I'm a natty who lifts mainly the 3 big ones, plus OHP and other stuff like rows and weighted pullups, and I do high reps. In fact I do Canditos 6 Week and it has rep ranges of 8, 10, even 12 some days. Even for squats and DL it uses higher reps.

Frankly I don't think you have a fucking clue what you're talking about and seem to think all people do is SS and nothing else. Which is retarded. SS is great for what it does and sets of 5, whether it's 3x5 or 5x5 or whatever is great for starting out. It's worked for new lifters for decades and it'll keep working indefinitely. Because at the end of the day all we're doing is picking up and putting down progressively heavier things. So stop being so autistic and shitposting nonsense threads like this. It just makes you look stupid to anyone who knows the first thing about lifting.
>>
>>38707474

Yeah I guess that means they all train like powerlifters then and never go over 5 reps
>>
>>38707396
>most bodybuilders looking to compete

Most bodybuilders (in fact all) looking to compete are on roids which invalidates that argument. But by all means, keep trying to get big curling a few kilos for 12 reps without pinning. Enjoy your no gains.
>>
>>38707592

Enjoy looking like a skinny fat powerlifter.

Meanwhile gyms all over the world are full of natty bros who look 10x better than you and don't do compounds.
>>
>>38707553
Where on earth do you get this idea powerlifters never go over 5 reps? You are clearly talking out your ass and have no idea how a powerlifter trains.
>>
>>38707609
Uh-huh. I'm happy making gains thanks. I also do rep ranges over 5 and think you're talking shite.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.