[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 10

File: 4586796796967846465.jpg (251KB, 1094x608px) Image search: [Google]
4586796796967846465.jpg
251KB, 1094x608px
Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full knowledge that they have 0 nutritional value for your body? Why haven't you embraced the might of ketosis /fit?
>>
>>38703225
Faggot
>>
it's so hard to avoid eating rice and bread
>>
I usually do keto for about a month at a time. It's incredibly boring.
>>
>>38703230
Honestly believes eating white rice, bread and pasta is healthy. Top kek.
>>38703233
How? Just don't eat it. Eat vegetables instead.
>>
>>38703245

Because they're not that accessible and feasible.

>every side dish here is rice
>im asian
>i live in a shitty part of asia
>>
>>38703256
That sucks anon. From travelling through Asia I kind of get what you mean. Don't you guys eat a lot of vegetables with all your meals though?
>>
>try keto
>day one went well
>day two was no worse than any other low calorie diet I have done
>day three I felt like shit mentally all day
>day four woke up feeling like shit had cramps and had cramps and the squirts
>day 5 bailed to a regular cut because I still felt terrible

Some people here have suggested I had low electrolytes, which I doubt unless it multiplies how many you need by two or three. Others have said I was dehydrated, which I wasn't.
Might try it again but a regular cut is easier/better/more sustainable for me so I think I might just stick to that
>>
>>38703303
What ever works anon. Ketosis takes about 3 to 5 days to kick in but. It's pretty normal to feel shithouse at the start. Am on it at the moment and couldn't stop thinking about suicide earlier today so yeah it happens in the beginning.
>>
>>38703267

vegetables here are expensive which make no sense
>>
>>38703379
Do you mind if I ask what country you're living in at the moment?
>>
>>38703225
Did keto for 3 months, nothing but the shits. Barely could focus or stay awake in college classes almost failed out. Lost a shit ton of weight because I was in a deficit and made myself ride the exercise bike an hour a day. Switched to a high carb diet (also getting 200g protons) eating 4000cal a day feel like exercising all the time. Body loves itself, doing so much lifting and cardio I'm still losing a pound a week. Also shitting straight fiber logs. Why would I want to feel shit and not doing anything?
>>
i only eat carbs before and after the workout and i still make gains without becoming a whale like the other guys
>>
>try keto for few weeks
>appetite goes up like crazy
>binge on "keto" foods every third day
>all lifts went down a lot
>lose some weight
>feel like shit, look emaciated and flat
>people around start telling me to stop dieting because i look awful

I still eat low carb when I try to lose weight but cutting them all together doesnt work for me
>>
File: 1473820400657.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1473820400657.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>
>>38703225

Ahh yes, the so-called "wonder diet" that requires you to take multivitamin pills which may be doing more harm than good.

Fantastic.
>>
>>38703233
No it's not. Even a fat faggot like myself did it. I just switched to oatmeal for breakfast and eat beans instead of rice. Also, eat more vegetables.
>>
>>38703225
You are either fat or dyel
>>
>>38703400

MOST POWERFUL RACE IN THE WORLD
>>
I'm doing keto also. Had my usual mct butter coffee for breakfast but for some reason I'm so hungry this morning
>>
Because they taste good faggot.
>>
>>38703225

Because I don't want to fuck my arteries up, retard.
>>
>>38703352
How long ya been on it? I've been doing it for about 3 days but I haven't got that shit feeling yet. Have a slight headache right now but idk if it's ketosis kicking in
>>
>>38703494
Being white doesn't clarify where you live
>>
>>38703624
He means he's from the Philippines.
>>
because I'm not an idiot and actually want to look and perform well
>>
>>38703624

from the PH
>>
>>38703454
The fuck? You don't need multivitamins if you know what a fucking vegetable is.

>>38703456
Oatmeal is 12% carbs retard. Beans can also be really high in carbs so be careful which ones you're eating.

>>38703473
Definitely not fat, probably more on the dyel side of the spectrum but get HUGE isn't really what I'm trying to do, especially seeing as I'm on a CUT right now anyway.

>>38703522
Try IF at the same time.
>>
>>38703709

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought keto was the diet where you don't eat carbohydrates, and vegetables are carbohydrates.

Hmm..
>>
>>38703612
Started up again recently so not long. Forgot how amazing it is and how much more stable my blood sugar feels in general and how many fewer cravings I get.

>>38703591
Generally speaking I don't have too much fat when I'm on it anyway. Majority of my nutrients is from meat and vegetables. Fat is calorie dense so you still need to be careful of how much fat you're eating.
>>
>>38703709
>Oatmeal is 12% carbs retard. Beans can also be really high in carbs so be careful which ones you're eating.
I'm not doing a no-carb diet retard. Just saying it's real easy to cut out bread and rice.
>>
meme diet for sedentary fat redditors

do some cardio faggot
>>
>>38703721
Depends on which ones you're eating. Even when you're on keto you still consume some carbs. In general, the daily intake of net carbs required to enter ketosis can vary from 20 to 100 grams per day. So as long as you're under that rough limit your body will still enter ketosis.
>>
>>38703732

Meat has fat, though.
>>
>>38703991
There's this thing called portion control. I also drink protein powder throughout the day to fill me up.
>>
>>38703750

This. just eat carbs to break out PR's and get rid of the excess stuff with cardio the next day.
>>
it blows my mind how people on a board where 99,9% lifts advocate low carb

either OP is trolling or he never did any physical activity on low carb or he literally never tried low carb himself at all
>>
i run 5+ miles a day along with lifting. why don't you try that without any carbs and tell me how it goes
>>
>>38703456
Top bait!! Haha
>>
>>38703256
can't be too shitty if rice is just the side instead of the main component.

>>38703225
I understand that you're just here to shill keto, but i'm still going to ask you about wholegrain.
>>38703245
Also, you do understand veggies are mostly carbs right?
>>
>>38704190
>>38704204
I regularly lift after being at work all day and do 10 minutes of running afterwards. It goes fine, just need to give your body time to adjust. I find it harder to do gym when my body is full of rice, pasta, bread, potato or any of that other shit you guys call food than I do on a low carbohydrate diet. At the end of the day whatever works for you I guess. I just find it easier not to eat grains/sugary/starchy foods.
>>
>>38704256
what?
>>
>>38704322
>he actually believes this
whatever the fuck you are doing now you'll do 100 times better on a high carb diet

for any physical activity carbs are the superior source of energy. Just because you CAN doesnt mean its optimal

I got memed into doing low carb for months and when I switched to high carb my performance went through to roof with literally everything. Only when I switched back I realised how easy I was training(intensity wise).
>>
>>38703225
+1 for keto
>>38703303
You were definiteltly dehydrated...the carb stores in your body hold onto a shit ton of water. When you deplete them, you lose a lot of water, 5-10 lbs. its my one complaint about keto diets, you get awful hangovers because of this. My suggestion is to take a supplement called lyteshow a couple times a week during the first month or two and before you get hammered. That shit works wonders.
>>
>>38704190
It takes maybe a month of keto for your body to get used to it. My experience is that i have absolutely no loss of performance after my body gets used to keto and there is quite a bit of research that cobfirms this
>>
>>38704308
Not a fan of bread in general, grew up being forced to eat it also worked in a bakery for 4 years. I always feel bloated and slow after I eat even wholemeal bread. It depends on what you're eating. ie. 100 grams of zucchini is roughly 3.1 carbohydrates, 100 grams of spinach is 3.6 carbohydrates. As long as you're in that 20 to 100 grams of carbs p/day your body can still enter into ketosis.
>>
whats the difference between steel cut oats and instant oats besides their texture?
>>
>>38703225
after trying Keto I began thinking pasta is the secret to a happy life
>>
>>38703245
>dont eat carbs!
>eat vegetables which is apparently not made from carbs
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>38703454
This. It's funny that these fedora meme diet takers always claim its superior but they fucking "oh bro just need these pills XD"

How the fuck is this better? seriously. People not survive but feel completely healthy and normal on a regular diet. Then you step in and tell us supplements+weird meme diet is better? Fucking broscience
>>
>>38703225
It's readily burnable energy.
Go work a physically demanding job without a carb-heavy diet and see how shitty it is, then do the same job after carb-loading.
>>
>>38703225
I just started Keto for the first time on Sunday.

I've been mindful to drink a shit ton of water, as well as take additional supplements to replace the electrolytes I'm losing. So far no serious side effects and I feel fine. Food is great to, hardly miss the starches yet. Would like a nice craft beer once in a while but at least hard liquor isn't off the menu.

Here's a quick summary of my meals:
>Breakfast
Eggs, Bacon and/or Sausage
Coffee with Heavy Cream
>Lunch
Fat-rich meats (chicken thighs or beef with plenty of fat), and some sort of non-starchy veg (broccoli, spinach, brussell sprouts, etc). I usually cook my veg in bacon grease and top it with cheese
>Dinner
Pretty much the same as the above.

It's surprisingly filling. I'm eating at a deficit and only taking in 1,700 calories (approximately 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs).

I know it's mostly water weight at this point but I already fit into my clothes better. Also I don't get sluggish throughout the day like I would with a normal diet.
>>
File: 56756767988879.jpg (306KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
56756767988879.jpg
306KB, 1100x1100px
>>38704366
>implying I'm doing keto for "performance" and not just to have a healthier diet

I just don't like carbs man, everyone gets this idea drilled into their head from a young age that carbs are the main thing you're supposed to eat but it's outdated and incorrect information. Back in the day that's all people could afford to eat because it was abundant, cheap and getting fresh vegetables and other good stuff was rare. I believe it's why there's obesity problems in so many countries around the world.
>>
>>38704492
>everyone gets this idea drilled into their head from a young age that carbs are the main thing you're supposed to eat but it's outdated and incorrect information.

That's because the big sugar and grain industries have been fabricating studies since the 60's that a heavy-carb diet is good for you, and eating fat (even saturated fat) is bad for you.

All which as been proven to be bullshit. Our society has gotten fatter and sicker on a sugar-heavy diet.
>>
>>38704492
>he thinks keto is healthy
lmao
>>
>>38704442
I get 5 servings of veggies a day every day without going over my carb limit. No need for supplements...
>>
>>38704528
>he thinks sugar makes you fat
>he thinks saturated fats is healthy
l-m-a-o
>>
>>38704548
>he still thinks the studies from the 1960's that were propagated by the sugar companies are relevant

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/09/sugar-industry-bought-off-scientists-skewed-dietary-guidelines-for-decades/
>>
>>38703408
>(also getting 200g protons)

How much do you weight?
I'm taking about 100 grams with 500 grams of carbs and 100 grams of fats at 200 lb wet 11-12% bf.
I'm starving myself?
>>
>>38704565
tell me how sugar makes you fat, I have this debate like nearly every day on /fit/ and they can never prove me wrong
>>
>>38704528
Was going to add this point as well. Thank you for vindicating me anon
>>
>>38704600
Like with anything, it comes down to calories in < calories out.

Sugar, however, is
a) not filling
b) a shown in modern studies to have correlation to diabetes and heart disease
c) is vastly overconsumed in modern society

It's not sugar itself that make you fat, but the fact that they add sugar to everything adds those additional calories in products and people buy into the "low-fat = healthy" myth, meanwhile they are eating twice as much sugar.
>>
>Gluconeogenesis is a metabolic pathway that results in the generation of glucose from certain non-carbohydrate carbon substrates like the breakdown of proteins.

LMAO, KEKS
>>
File: poster-sugarcoated.png (94KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
poster-sugarcoated.png
94KB, 350x519px
>>38704600
>>38704628
I would add you should watch a documentary (it's on Netflix) called Sugar Coated.

It explains in detail the rise of sugar in our diets over the past 50-60 years, primarily thanks to big sugar and the "studies" and "food pyramids" they pushed.
>>
>>38704645
which is why you avoid gluconeogenesis by eating a diet consisting of primarily fat.
>>
>>38704628
>Like with anything, it comes down to calories in < calories out.
this is what the average ketotard believes lmao

if you think the human body comes down to just thermodynamics then you are mistaken my friend

Point A and B are also wrong

While fat is more filling it satietes less, this is why you guys binge eat
Sugar in itself doesnt cause diabetes. Dietary fat promotes insulin insensitivity. Protein spikes insulin too and creates an even bigger spike when combined with sugar.

I agree that they put table sugar to everything BUT they also add fat to everything.
>>
>>38704656
>The process occurs during periods of fasting, starvation, low-carbohydrate diets, or intense exercise.
>Global control of gluconeogenesis is mediated by glucagon (released when blood glucose is low).

Ketofags are literally insane buying into fad diets that make them lose waterweight.
Or they're shills.
>>
File: andre 3000 laughing.jpg (83KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
andre 3000 laughing.jpg
83KB, 1000x893px
>>38703225
Because I actually work for a living and I need over 3000kcal of easily available energy.
>>
>>38704656
newsflash: some processes in the body can only use sugar

which is why gluconeogenesis always happens during keto

enjoy burning off your gains lmao
>>
>my father did lifting and judo when he was young
>literally ate anything he wanted and didn't give a fuck
>this was in the 70's so there were no magic workout method and calorie counting etc.
>could lift more then most people bigger then him
>did pushups by the 100's
>still looks great after 50 with a fucking huge back, core, and massive arms

He is the reason I know that over mystificating diet is fucking retarded.
>>
>>38704707
>a diet that people have lived on for hundreds of years
>fad
OK

>>38704685
>if you think the human body comes down to just thermodynamics then you are mistaken my friend

So you think if you eat more calories than your body requires you are going to magically not gain weight? Sure good luck with that.

>While fat is more filling it satietes less, this is why you guys binge eat

Binge? I eat smaller meals than ever bc I am completely satisfied by the end of them. Like I said I've never been this full on calorie-deficit before.

I'm not going to sit here and say it's for everybody but I love it so far and have an zero negative side effects.

>>38704758
>some processes in the body can only use sugar
Like your brain? It can use ketones mostly. But this is why you don't eat 0 carbs, just restrict them severely. You only eat just enough protein to maintain and/or get gains if you are lifting.
>>
>>38704769
we're talking about neets who pick light things up 3 times a week. you have to restrict carbs if you want to lose weight with such lifestyle
>>
>>38704782
>>a diet that people have lived on for hundreds of years

There are literally no proofs of that.
>>
>>38704784

It's still not rocket sience, there is no such thing that somebody does cardio, eats less, and doesn't lose weight at least.
>>
>>38703225
why do you think carbohydrates are bad for you ? it is your body's most bioavailable source of energy.
>>
>>38704782
He is just trolling m8 anything you say he will have an enlightened fedora tipper remark about it
>>
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/who-are-the-maasai-why-do-they-drink-cow-blood/1/506828.html

The traditional diet of the Masai people in Kenya and Tanzania is derived mostly from their cattle. Though they do not often eat beef; they eat milk and blood which is harvested by puncturing the loose flesh on the cow's neck with an arrow.

Lowcarbers BTFO
>>
File: is-glycogen-a-carbohydrate.jpg (38KB, 473x230px) Image search: [Google]
is-glycogen-a-carbohydrate.jpg
38KB, 473x230px
>>38704782
>So you think if you eat more calories than your body requires you are going to magically not gain weight? Sure good luck with that.
another anon
if those excess calories come from sugar, i will gain glycogen in my muscles and liver.
if those excess calories come from fat however, i will gain body fat.

why are low carbers really retarded ? talking about muh sugar insulin spikes despite the fact that meat spikes insulin just like sugar water, and the fact that meat comes with fat, that's the perfect fat gain formula right there.

low carbers advocates are just sellout bloggers who are making money telling retards good things about their bad habits.
>>
>>38704872
Kek
You are retarded
What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen but plenty of fats? CONVERTS
>>
carbs are performance enhancing and mitigate protein breakdown
the vast majority of health issues come from being obese regardless of diet macronutrient makeup

nice try gains goblin
>>
bit off topic, how many fats do you guys consume daily?
>>
>>38704850
>pre-basketball melanin skellies
>role models
>>
>>38703225
Keto seems like a diet for people who are "picky" eaters. Just don't over eat anything too bad and do cardio. Surely people can grasp this concept?
>>
>>38704901
>What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
thermogenesis and very rarely gets converted to fat
>What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen but plenty of fats? CONVERTS
the fat would still get stored and some for energy
>>
>>38703225
0 nutritional value, mayne the ketone bodies got to ur brain faggot, enjoy ketoacidosis and being a vegetable while i straight ace med school
>>
>>38704901
>What do you think happens when glycogen is topped off and excess carb? FAT
nope, first the body burns some as heat calories then when there is something left (very rare)
the body inefficiently turns sugar to fat via de novo lipogenesis, 30% of the calories will be lost in this process.

so, excess fat will not be stored as glycogen at all.
so if you're being on a surplus, it is clever to surplus on carbs, because there is a margin where the excess will be stored in the liver and the muscles
however if you surplus on fat, it will not be stored as glycogen, it will be stored directly as bodyfat.

isn't this obvious ? are you young ? i'm serious here, this isn't too hard to understand.
>>
>>38704901
>What do you think your body does if not enough glycogen

You burn your muscle (white fibers first) but odds are you will be too lethargic to move from the couch.
It's a phenomenon mostly expressed in camels and reindeers.
>>
Our cultivation of grain is the reason civilization exists. Breads and Rices fueled humanity, and always will.
>>
>the "fat=fat" meme

Stop
>>
>yfw ketotards have to drink several cups of coffee because otherwise they cant function properly
lmao
>>
>>38704969
The fattest people I know eat fat (animal fat like bacon and cheese) all day long.
>>
>>38705021
Nobody cares
Correlation does not imply causation
>>
>>38705021
And keto people eat fat all day long and can lose weight. Dietary fats are not body fat.
>>
>>38703225
I eat carbs everyday and I'm still just under 10% body fat. It's called tdee.
>>
>>38703225
>Why the fuck do you still eat carbohydrates /fit with the full knowledge that they have 0 nutritional value for your body?

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>38704972
that's me not doing keto

ayyyyy lmao
>>
>>38705164
>and can lose weight

Water weight and muscle weight is weight too. I agree on that.
>>
>>38705218
>I have no idea what I'm talking about
>>
>>38703225
>0 nutritional value for your body?
lowqualitybait.jpg
>>
>>38703225
I love keto- I can eat like a pig...bacon and eggs, cheese, pulled pork, steaks, all kinds of fatty meat and tons of it at that....and still lose weigh AND I improved my blood lipids dramatically. This shit is amazing.
>>
>>38704548
>6th grade
>drink 6 cans of Brisk a day everyday
>Brisk is just sugar, water, and more sugar
>decide to stop drinking Brisk cold turkey, water only
>drop 15 pounds in a month to be about 95 pounds
Sugar makes you husky bro.
>>
>>38705354
>lose glycogen because decreased sugar intake
wow yeah bro you def lost them fats
>>
>>38705354
There are 3-4 grams of sugar (glycogen) for every 100g of wet muscle RIGHT NOW.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10407928
And every gram of glycogen bind 3 grams of water.
So for 40 kg of lean mass you loose between 9 and 12%. 10.5 to 8 pounds right away if you deplete your carbs.

I've never met a ketofag that wasn't retarded.
>>
>>38704528

All reliable studies show that saturated fats indeed cause heart disease. Our society did not follow the dietary guidelines, which is why they got fat.

>>38704685
>>38704872

You are a retards too. CICO is proven. The body does not magically convert sugars to glycogen and fat to body fat for some absurd reason. It uses whatever it can to store as both glycogen and fat. When you digest fats, they can be broken down to glycerol, and then glucose; it only takes a longer time, which is why you don't eat many fats before a workout.

>>38704782

Very few traditional societies live on anything similar to keto. Only Eskimos are close, which is why they have absolutely awful cardiovascular health even though they are very active.
>>
>>38704941
Not that anon but I was never taught this in school.
>>
>>38705294
This proves that all those low carnet advocates are just here to make money telling degenerate salty fat addicts like this dude good things about his bad habits.

And that they don't make any sense scientifically.
>>
>>38705606
yeah man eat fats for glycogen lmao glycrol provides like 10% of the calories that fat does lmao just eat your carbs my man you're glucose deprived
>>
>>38705922
Low carbers*
>>
>>38705882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUWcgh5Ju9g
time to relearn science
>>
>>38705606
>The body does not magically convert sugars to glycogen
it does !
>and fat to body fat
fat get stored by insulin directly, it isn't even converted ! that's how efficient the body is at storing fat.
>>
>>38706035
What's your opinion on mct oil/coconut oil?
It's a bad idea to take a can of full fat coconut milk with a bowl of mashed bananas?
>>
>>38706072
>a can of full fat coconut milk with a bowl of mashed bananas
bananas raise your insulin, insulin stores the coconut fat.
NEVER eat carbs and fat together if you don't want to gain weight.
>>
>>38705922
Actually I am a PhD Food Scientist. Have had plenty of nutrition education. Just because keto defies 50 years of conventional nutrition wisdom doesnt mean that it doesnt make sense. Studies of how diet affect health are notoriously unreliable and misleading because it is so complex and hard/expensive to do quality research with actual clinicsl trials (rather than studies based on surveys). Practically ALL the recent research shows that keto dieting is safe and is actually therapeutic for many many conditions.

For me, my triglycerides went from extremely high, over 400, to normal, 130. My HDL was borderline low and LDL borderline high when I was on a low fat diet. Now all normal. My personal theory is that saturated fat is indeed bad but only really bad in combination with moderate-high carbohydrate consumption, which can be very pro-inflammatory. I really dont think its one or the other, its when you consume too much of both. Shame there isnt more research on that, desu
>>
>>38706117
>bananas raise your insulin

Lol?

>For instance, an unripe banana may have a GI of 30, while a ripe banana has a GI of 51. Both ripe and unripe bananas have a low GI.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/carbohydrates-and-the-glycaemic-index
>>
>>38706156
depends on how many bananas you're eating.
you said " a bowl of mashed bananas"
>>
>>38705922
>salty fat addicts
Brah, its sugar that is addictive. I literally had dreams of chocolate chip cookies when i started keto, and I am not into sweets. And when I come off keto, i can discern two different kinds of hungry - low blood sugar hungy, which is simply a sugar craving, and actual hunger.

Maybe i fucked up my body up when i was a kid drinking too much soda, but I 100% believe sugar that I was addicted to carbs. I love fatty salty meat too, but never craved it like I have craved for sugary foods.
>>
>>38706139
keto is starvation mode, and low carb diets are a giant risk factor for all cause mortality.

a low carb athlete is a retarded athlete. same goes with all people who need explosive energy day after day like students, soldiers, workers ... everybody who doesn't live in his mother's basement.
>>
>>38706281
>its sugar that is addictive
you're supposed to be addicted to it, like water and oxygen.

salty fat is not natural (it's a recipe). sugar is natural. it tastes good on his own.
>>
>>38706303
Usain bolt run on a low carb intermittent fasting diet.
>>
File: USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif (67KB, 730x569px) Image search: [Google]
USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif
67KB, 730x569px
>>38703225
>implying
There's a reason you need to eat a shitton of them, they're essencial
>>
>>38706335
you mean EPO and anadrol
>>
>>38706335
>he actually believes this
yeah bro he only eats macdonalds every day too
>>
>>38706303
>giant risk factor for all cause mortality.
Maybe based on shitty observational studies that cannot prove causation.

Why do people start low carb diets? Because they have fucking problems with their weight. People who have problems with their weight often die earlier. Try controlling for that shit statistically, damn near impossible. This is why nutrition research is so fucked
>>
>>38706432
>Why do people start low carb diets
because they like the idea of pigging out on fatty meat.

>damn near impossible. This is why nutrition research is so fucked
man it takes basic biology knowledge to figure this shit out.
insulin stores dietary fat.
so we should avoid high insulin high fat meals and foods like donuts, cakes, hamburgers, pizza, meat...

why isn't this obvious ?
go on high carb low fat diet (no oil too) and i bet my ass you'll lose weight.
i lost 8kg in the last 3 months sitting on my ass, and only working 15 h/week as a cashier.

by the end of the shift everybody is tired besides me.
>>
>>38706499
also, when you eat carbs (like pasta), don't put fat on it like oil and cheese, eat carbs alone, or fat alone, you combine them you fucked up.

and if you like to eat too much, it would be wise to over do it on carbs, because there is a margin of excess carbs that will be stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen, instead of excess fat which will be added to your subcutaneous fat
>>
>>38706499
also, doing a keto on avocados and nuts makes more sence then eating meat, because meat protein spikes your insulin which will store all that saturated fat that comes with it.
>>
>>38706499
Good luck gaining it all back like I did after losing 50lbs on low fat diet. Now 2 years after very low carb, staying moderately low carb and have kept it all off without coubting calories
>>
>>38706539
So oatmeal and peanut butter is fucked?
>>
>>38705924

Provides? Your body converts calories from fat to glucose, and burns it. That is, if there isn't a caloric excess. If there is one, you obviously store it as body fat.

>>38706063

The body will do whatever is necessary to survive, thus it will convert all excess calories to energy first, and then body fat. It is ridiculous to claim that the body will store fat as body fat while it needs energy, just so that it can burn the body fat later.
>>
>>38706591
>So oatmeal and peanut butter is fucked?
oatmeal doesn't spike too much insulin, don't eat insulin spiking foods with it and you're good to go
>>
>>38706611
the human body runs on efficient processes.

carbs(sugar) is very stable (ring structure), it takes energy to break it down to chains.
fat comes directly as chains.
so the body does what's efficient, it links the glucose rings together to make glycogen
and it stores FAT directly as FAT without changing its structure, so if a doctor takes a biopsy of your tummy fat and analyse it, id you were eating fish he'll find omega-3 fatty acids, if you like donuts he'll find trans fats and so on. we've known this since forever.
>>
>>38706771

>Oh damn, I need some calories.
>Oh, what's this? A walnut? Great, I now have calories!
>I can use these calories to fuel my metabolic needs, thankfully.
>But since I am retarded, and evolution doesn't exist, I am going to store these calories as FAT instead of using them. In case I need those calories later.
>>
>>38706771
everybody see the work of doctor Mcdougall for more redpilling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wfMNNr3ak
>>
>>38706799
>hitting strawman

that's not what i said
i said, if you eat meat or sugar with that walnut and you've already eaten some food before, that walnut fat WILL be stored by the insulin as body fat for the tough winter
>>
>>38706821
even if it's your first meal of the day, if you drink soda with it, it will spike insulin which stores it as body fat, then leptin releases it to be metabolised
there is no fat burning when insulin is spiked.
>>
>people who use the phrase "carbs" ambiguously

Avoid refined/processed carbs, eat healthy carbs from whole foods. Why the fuck do people avoid all carbohydrate just because there are some foods that contain carbohydrates that aren't good for you? Just don't eat those ones, eat healthy ones like beans, fruits, and whole grains.

It's like avoiding all fat just because crisco shortening is bad.
>>
>>38703225
I do keto and fully reccomend it for cutting but you faggots are worse than fucking vegans.

Kill yourself
>>
>>38703303
You had keto flu. Everyone has keto flu the first couple times they go into keto
>>
>>38706948
yes, high fructose high GI stuff (like soda) will cause problems in the liver but that's all.

you don't want your insulin spiked too much, so low GI carbs are the good choice.
>>
>>38706499
>because they like the idea of pigging out on fatty meat.
I went on the keto diet beacuse it's one of the fastest natty ways to lose weight

It sounds like you were on the japanese diet. No sugar no fat.

It also works well
>>
>>38707049
i'll let the king of /fit/ answer you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsa05Os3ss
>>
>>38706805
This vegan thinks we shouldn't eat meat. How Peculiar!
>>
>>38703230
fpbp
>>
>>38708112
Civilizations are built on starch and ability to use non easily perishable complex carbs is what separe us from chimps other than long legs and longer dicks (odds this doesn't apply to you).
Meet and diary addicts are the odd ones.
>>
>>38704926

>Carbohydrate overfeeding produced progressive increases in carbohydrate oxidation and total energy expenditure resulting in 75-85% of excess energy being stored. Alternatively, fat overfeeding had minimal effects on fat oxidation and total energy expenditure, leading to storage of 90-95% of excess energy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7598063

Fat is slightly easier to store but you're kidding yourself if you think you can't get fat from overeating carbs.
>>
>>38708232
So you should eat solely according to ethical/ sociological concerns, got it.
Thanks for confirming that you aren't really shilling for veganism due to
any real nutritional benefits, but because of your own dogmatic beliefs.
>>
>>38708779
>but muh vegan youtubes
>>
>>38706821

There is zero reason for your body to do this, what are you talking about? Back then people gathered fatty nuts and sugary fruits and ate them together. Do you think their bodies evolved to store it as fat for some reason? No, it turned fat to glycogen and burned it for energy. You can not store body fat unless you eat more energy than you expand, it does not make any sense for it to be otherwise. Why would your body store anything as fat if it needs calories right now?

>>38706948
>>38707010

GI is a huge meme unless you are diabetic. Potatoes have higher GIs than cola.

1) GIs are tested on people who were at a fasted state. GI is lowered if you eat the stuff when you aren't famished.
2) GIs are tested on people who eat only the food that is getting tested. Unless you are an autist, who eats a whole plate of potatoes with nothing else, the GI of the potatoes you are eating will get lowered by the other stuff you eat it with.
3) All sorts of stuff spike your insulin, even protein. GI was never invented as a marker of how healthy a food is, it was invented to help diabetics. Then it was picked up by low-carbers as if it mattered.

>>38708232

If you are going to go that way we can easily argue that eating meat contributed to our evolution and made us smarter.

>>38708779
>>38708829

Why people are obsessed with these retarded "99% FAT C'MON KEEP CARBS UNDER 2 GRAMS A DAY" or "C'MOOOON 8 SCOOPS OF PROTEIN EVERY 20 MINUTES THE MORE THE BETTER C'MON" or "CARBS ARE MAGIC AND THEY ONLY GIVE YOU STRONGER MUSCLES C'MON EAT ONLY CARBS" diets is beyond me. Just eat a well-balanced diet.
>>
>>38704528
>That's because the big sugar and grain industries have been fabricating studies since the 60's that a heavy-carb diet is good for you, and eating fat (even saturated fat) is bad for you.
>All which as been proven to be bullshit. Our society has gotten fatter and sicker on a sugar-heavy diet.

refined sugar = all carbs

You definitely need some carbs, your brain is not working bro!
>>
>>38708779
thats not because of the carbs though

read this http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/737.full

they overfed people with table sugar and they gained fat, not because of carbs that were stored as fat but because the fat they normally ate did not get oxidized
>>
File: 1297944796331.png (135KB, 1032x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1297944796331.png
135KB, 1032x1023px
>>38703225

I don't understand how people still don't get that sugars are literally energy.

Yes, proteins will help you build muscle and fats are good support for cellular synthesis.
But nothing is as good of a fast burner as carbs are.

Are you saying you don't need energy?
That your body could NEVER use a burst of readily available, easily burnable calories?

How does it never penetrate the thick skull of you "lmao carbs are evul" guys that putting fuel in your body is a good thing?
>>
File: retard.jpg (10KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
10KB, 236x177px
>>38703225
>>
>>38709472
>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/74/6/737.full

It was a 4 day study, once glycogen stores are super compensated how much fat do you honestly think you can gain in that period of time?

Also by that logic overfeeding someone fat would lead to significantly greater fat gains versus isocaloric amounts of carbs. Guess what it doesn't:

>The increase in body weight, fat free mass and fat mass showed great variation, the mean increases being 1.5 kg, 0.6 kg and 0.9 kg respectively. No significant differences between the C- and F-group were observed.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11029975
>>
>>38709545
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11029975
not a controlled study
>>
>>38709591
By all means tell me how? Yours wasn't exactly a metabolic ward trial
>>
>>38709638
Literally the first sentence
>>
Keto is the natural state for your body humans evolved on eating meat, the agricultural revolution transformed everyone into skinny weak manlets. Everyone who denies this is a dumb fatty that cant go without their soda and fries.
>>
>carbohydrates have no nutritional value

Oh okay good then I'll just eat a quick 4 bowls of pasta on a cut, no worries.
>>
>>38709694
Yeah you're right the subject purposely changed their assigned meal plans in order to skew the results...
>>
>>38709694
Not to mention they were checked up on
>The research staff regularly, but unannounced, conĀ®rmed that the meal preparations and the recording of intake of food, drinks, snacks and sweets took place in accordance with the instructions.
>>
File: 1473825913478.jpg (36KB, 591x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473825913478.jpg
36KB, 591x960px
>>38703225
>0 nutritional value for your body?

Ay lmao. If you are not trolling, Pls learn what carbs are fgt.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.