[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to have off days in the gym? I've been hitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is it normal to have off days in the gym?

I've been hitting the gym over other day with a full body routine for about 2 months ago. Bench went from 95lbs to 175 lbs. OHP went from 45lbs to 140lbs.

3 days ago I was at the gym and I couldn't ohp 145. Said w/e I'll get it next time. today I went in and still couldn't ohp 145. Dropped it down to 135 for 3 sets. Also attempted bench of 180 and could barely do it for 2x5. Dropped it down to 160 and it still felt really heavy. ended up feeling like shit and leaving the gym

should i take a few days off to let my body rest or something? how to break these plateus?
>>
>>38699358
no fap
7 days
>>
>>38699358
what a shit cosplay, girl is qt tho
>>
It'll happen every once in a while, lifting can/will be effected by the littlest things: sleep, stress, diet.

Take a few days off if you need it and then hit it hard when you get back.
>>
>>38699358
eat more calories
sleep more
if you can't lift your target, deload, do more reps, try again next time
>>
>>38699369
>girl
ahaha... aahaha..... ahahaHAAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>38699389
I'm on a permacut bc im a fatty. calorie increase is a no go
>>
>>38699358

... my bench is 175, OHP at 115... Give me my wheels OPie, I am tired of having bb pl8s on my compound.
>>
File: 1465956015987 (1).jpg (49KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1465956015987 (1).jpg
49KB, 470x470px
>>38699358
>ohp almost as much as bench
>>
>>38699399
Just keep hitting that shit senpai. I do 3x8 though for the aesthetics.
>>
>>38699389
This.

We all have off days sometimes. The lifts will be sucky for a reason though. Either motivation is lacking, you haven't eaten healthy/enough, haven't slept enough, whatever.

Don't sweat it. Review the day, see if you fucked anything up, and carry on.
>>
>>38699393
... I'm still down
>>
>>38699404
I had like a 3-4 week head start on my ohp before i decided to bench. I've also been lifting on and off since 2014. and by that i mean mostly off. I've probably lifted about 9 months total since 2014 in sporadic 2 month bursts
>>
Deload weeks fix any problems I have ever had with progression. Just drop your weight to 60-80% of what you were doing for a week and then jump back to where you were when you stalled. It may seem frustrating to miss two weeks of progression, but if you try and force it and keep going heavier when you can't lift last week's set will fuck you up much worse. As you get stronger and it becomes harder to make gains you will need to Deload more frequently, but that's really the best way to do it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.