[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this? I've been doing SL5x5 for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: leddit.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
leddit.png
47KB, 547x465px
What are your thoughts on this? I've been doing SL5x5 for a few months and I've been making okay progress but I've heard it's too heavy on the lower body and light on your upper body. It appeals to me because of its simplicity though, I don't think I could commit to those 6 day programs and I'm doing this all in a home gym where I only have a bench, rack, barbell, weights, pullup bar and dip bars. If my goals are aesthetics, is pic related any better or should I stick with what I'm doing?
>>
Yes its good. Just change the deload rule to:
If you fail a rep in your first set on two consecutive workouts then deload.
>>
>>38689776
You are too afraid of deloads
>>38689755
Imo phrak's is the ultimate novice routine, people are autistic about changing routines but honestly it isnt a real concern, as long as it is an improvement.

I would add side lateral raise on ohp day, and accessory of choice on bench day (forearm work, trap work, calf work, whatever)
>>
>>38689755
Guys,what does "alternating" means?
Should i do in day 1,one set of chin upsx5 and then barbell rowsx5 and thats one set?
>>
>>38690485
Alternating between days
>>
>>38690666
so there is a day1a and a day1b etc right?
One other question how many times a week is this program 3 or 6.In other words is the week like:
day1a-day2a-day3a
or
day1a-day2a-day3a-day1b-day2b-day3b?
>>
>>38690733
If you did ohp last time, you do bench this time
If you did chin up last time, you do row this time

And vice versa.

E.g
1. Ohp - chin - squat
2.bench - row - dead
3.ohp - chin - squat
4.bench - row - squat
5.ohp - chin - dead
>>
>>38690766
And the warm up follows the same philosophy as SL right?
>>
>>38690792
You can warm up however works best for you, mang.
Don't get too stressed.

Remember that microplates are a necessity for following greyskull to the T
>>
>>38690825
bruh,I aint stressed
One last question.Thats a 3 times a week program right?
>>
File: Greyskull-LP(2).png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull-LP(2).png
37KB, 700x600px
Do the updated.
>>
>>38690221
I never was 100% clear on GSLP regarding deloads
Johnny Pain says in the book
>He [the lifter] will continue to add 2.5 lbs to the bar each workout until he
cannot successfully complete five reps ON THE LAST SET. When this happens he will back the
weight up by 10% and begin the reset process again.

Instead others say to deload if you fail the first 2

I'm kinda bummed because I literally JUST finished my reset on ohp and squat
>got stuck at 50kg, reset, today back at 50kg, failed last set with 4
>reset on squat because of light injury, more like a fatigue issue, arrived at 90kg for the first time, failed last set with 4
The thing that PISSES me off is that my head was some other place and did an extra warmup set with 70kg cos I forgot to add weight to the bar. and maybe that little bit of wasted energy is what could have made me do that last rep with 90

I might do a tweaked version and stay on a weight if I do more than 3 on the last set.
what do you guys think?
>>
>>38692486
that's the dyel version
>>
I've been on this for sex weeks. Felt drained on week five so I only lifted twice that week. Rested four days and hit it again yesterday. Felt fresh and crushed 175x9 on my last set of squats. I feel like I'm making good progress.
>>
>>38693000
The GSLP program is kinda flexible, so be a bit flexible with these things. JP's implication is that if you fail to do 3x5 WHEN DOING YOUR BEST, then reload. The reload is NOT a failure, btw, and not something to be bummed about.

So if you think there might have been any other reason other than lack of muscle strenght for your failure (bad weather, lack of sleep, being disctracted, jacked off too many times that day, whatever), then by all means just try again next time with the same weight. I usually try the same weight at least twice, sometimes 3 times, before deloading (thb I've never deloaded so far due to this; first one comming up today actually).
>>
>>38693000
I'd stay at the same weight till you fail for 3 workouts. If you're hitting 14 reps of 15 then you can probably attribute the failure to some minor fuckup like missing sleep or food or doing silly things with warmup sets.

Even if 15 was beyond you the adaptive stimulus provided by the 14 is likely gonna be enough to push you over the edge anyway. Only deload if you really, REALLY need it as a novice because most minor problems that cause you to miss one or two reps fix themselves between sessions if you let them. Grey skull is way too liberal with them in my opinion.

Obviously if you're getting like 5-4-3 or 5-3-2 or missing reps on the first set, a deaload is probably the right thing to do. Exercise a bit of judgement.
>>
>>38693643
>>38693655
yeah I guess I'll do
>if I make 5 in the first 2, dont deload before 3 stalls
and maybe do some amrap backoff sets if I stall on that day

I was just worried since I kind of fucked up my first 3-4 months of lifting due to stalling too much and deloading too little.

thanks
>>
>>38689755
I ran SL for about 6 months on a permabulk then switches to PPL on a cut.

Do PPL its 100x better than SL and i look like actually fucking lift. Dont listen to the SS + Gomad or 5x5 meme. If you want to look good to hypertrophy programs
>>
>>38694923
>i gained a bunch of muscle
>then i cut weight
wow there bud. ss sure is a meme haha :^)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.