[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at a crossroads here. I'm moving to another state

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1473617534937.jpg (45KB, 419x604px) Image search: [Google]
1473617534937.jpg
45KB, 419x604px
I'm at a crossroads here. I'm moving to another state and am going to join a gym. There's a gym with coaches who do a powerlifting program, and there's a gym with coaches who specialize in olympic lifts.

I'm interested in both, but money will only allow me to choose one. I want to do a coached program, so these two are my options.

Both are certified respectively, the powerlifting gym by the USPA and the oly lift gym by USA weightlifting.

Which route would YOU take and why? I have been lifting for 5 months now-- so noob gains/dyel. I am leaning towards the gym that specializes in oly lifts, but I also am interested in powerlifting. Help.
>>
File: 1473277965950.jpg (16KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
1473277965950.jpg
16KB, 604x438px
>>38680522
Powerlifting, no doubt.

You, your aesthetics and your strenght will miss the bench and the deadlift. In addition olympic weightlifting is slighly more injury prone.
>>
File: 1473613373687.jpg (489KB, 850x1230px) Image search: [Google]
1473613373687.jpg
489KB, 850x1230px
Help /fit/
>>
>>38680565
The powerlifting gym was less expensive, so that was a pro of that choice. I'm a 5'6 grill, 133lbs-- if it makes a difference. I wanted to do oly lifts, but I know I will miss other lifts if I'm only doing cleans and jerks, and snatches all day. Still debating between the two.
>>
>>38680620
olympic lifts are about getting as fast as possible to the last position (explosion and momentum), powerlifting is about being able to move the weight all the way by sheer force (strenght)

as my goals are I'd go for the second
>>
File: 1454342210349.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1454342210349.png
13KB, 418x359px
>>38680620
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.
>mfw thinking of you hurting
>>
>>38680668
>mfw reading this makes me want to do both
What if I want to be explosive and have the strength of a norse strongman? RIP.

Two of you have told me to go powerlifting so far, maybe it's best that I go that route and try oly lifts later on.
>>
These are the gyms by the way:

Powerliftan-- http://www.undergroundsalem.com/

Oly liftan-- https://www.capitalcitybarbell.com/

If anyone else is in the Salem area and can suggest something better, I'm all ears. I do want to go somewhere with coaches though, I feel better about having someone there to make sure I'm using proper form at all times and help me progress.
>>
Another shameless self bump
>>
>>38680725

You can do oly lifts and supplement other lifts on the side (though for example doing too much bench might result in tight pectorals/shoulders interfering with your oly movements)

If you want to be able to throw heavy ass weight around and something "agility oriented", go with oly
>>
>>38681146
Do you know if gyms that specialize in oly lifts typically have power racks? Or would I need to go to a seperate gym to supplement lifts?
>>
>>38681173
You mean the cage looking thing? Depends on the gym, mine had one, check them out first
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-12-12-52-24.png (542KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-12-12-52-24.png
542KB, 1080x1920px
>>38681224
Pic related.

I'll be checking both gyms out first, just wanted to know if it's common for gyms that specialize in oly lifting to have power racks or not.
>>
>>38681277
They had one of those yes. They probably have some separate equipment anyway, so it's not all rubber mat like in a dojo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.