[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I need some advice I've finally decided to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (268KB, 940x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 940x467px
Hey /fit/, I need some advice

I've finally decided to stop being a fat, lazy piece of shit and actually make something of my life.

I'm tired of being disgusted by my own body, and want to chase my childhood dream of joining the Royal Artillery!

Can anyone please recommend some stuff to help get me started getting back into shape? I have friends serving who have already said they are will to help, but they're out on deployment right now so it's not easy

I work 40 hours a week, mostly till 10pm, so I need some exercises to get me started that I could do before, and after work

Anything will be appreciated!

Pic related
>>
>>38673119
That's not artillery.

Save your body and do calisthenics. Don't listen to these fucks.
>>
>>38673177
It is, it's the British Army's AS90, it's a mobile 155mm artillery gun
>>
>>38673197
I don't know much about British military but you don't want to be in a tank. Trust me.
>>
>>38673225
How come?
>>
>>38673231
Large target/ heat
>>
>>38673231
Because I have experience 120 degrees inside of one of these. And they are nowhere near as miserable as tanks. Also Tanks are death traps.

I have only ever looked inside one and got a "tour" but from what they told me it is pretty fucking terrible. Picture sitting in your car with the windows closed on the hottest day you have ever experienced and imagine that for hours on end only worse.
>>
>>38673295
It's still what I want to do, I've always had a fascination with large guns and cannons, and military vehicles. This is a good mix of both!

Do you have any fitness tips?
>>
>>38673363
Depends on where you are starting out.
Do calisthenics, you will gain a lot of strength and stamina without bulking too much.

Start running/sprinting. Find out what the running requirements are and run twice that distance. It will make the actual distance you need to run seem far easier. Then work on speed.

To gain pull-up numbers fast do 1/2 your max pull-ups then drop down and do 1/2 your max push-ups. Do 5 sets of this every other day or as fast as you recover.

Also start hiking. Start with a 30lb pack and work your way up to 90lbs for 5k+.

Lastly do a lot of shoulder work. Lifting artillery rounds over head can be tiring.

Being a Mortarman is a good alternative to artillery.
>>
>>38673119
>I work 40 hours a week, mostly till 10pm, so I need some exercises to get me started that I could do before, and after work

I work 60 hours a week and still get into the gym for an hour every morning.
>>
>>38673449
Thank you!

I've been really unfit since i was about 12, and I'm 20 now. It's going to take a lot get me to where I need to be, but I'm determined to do this!
>>
>>38673363

Also don't worry too much about how fit you are, just do the best you can and they will improve you. They will work you past your limit regardless of how in shape you are.

Also there is this mysterious thing I like to call senior strength. For some reason once you get back from your first deployment you have god damn super strength compared to everyone else freshly getting to your unit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.