[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will anything happen to my kidneys if I keep drinking 2 scoop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1473086340200.png (9KB, 338x339px) Image search: [Google]
1473086340200.png
9KB, 338x339px
Will anything happen to my kidneys if I keep drinking 2 scoop protein shakes twice a day?
>>
>>38667411
Studies aren't easy to find and were made using animal models (rodents), but they seem to indicate that whey protein diets are bad for your kidney and liver. It seems that the intake has to be rather high though.

4 scoops a day is probably bad on the long run, and could be on the short term. Beside that how much protein do you take a day ? Your protein intake shouldn't mostly rely on supplements.
>>
If your poop is fine then you're good and keep going. If not then long term will suck
>>
>>38667411
5 more scoops! Cmon!
>>
>>38667695
I get 4 x 30g scoops a day from whey protein. The rest is from milk and chicken etc
>>
>>38667411
your kidneys will grow stronger
>>
I eat two scoops for breakfast and two scoops for lunch and chicken for dinner

Everyday now for several months. Am I going to die?
>>
>>38667763
I'm gonna assume that 30g of whey nets you 20g of actual protein. That would be 80g of proteins a day from supplement.
I don't know your stats but that seems like a lot, do you know how much protein you consume a day ? I'm not a professional nor a doctor but you probably don't need that much proteins.

With that said I don't think you're taking extreme amounts of proteins so you shouldn't have any problems, but I still wouldn't take that much whey a day for extended periods of times because A) you probably don't need need, and B) it's likely to dmage your liver (even if it doesn't do much, the build-up could cause a problem).

I can't affirm anything though, sorry man.
>>
>>38667878
probably 180-190g a day with all the milk.

Just trying to gain weight really
>>
>>38667922
How's it going ? The numbers I know of are 500 grams a week (so 2kg a month) or you're packing too much fat compared to muscle gains.
>>
>>38667998
1kg a week for 7 weeks. Only getting stronger. Added 40kg to my squat in that time too
>>
>>38668010
Good progression but I believe you could gain less mass a week and still progress fine. If you're doing sets of 5 reps, what's your 5RM on the squat atm ?
>>
>>38667695
Rodents are notorious for having problems with high protein diets.
Humans are the opposite.

If you have trouble finding studies, there's always "Dietary Protein and Resistance Exercise".
>>
>>38668039
I hit 2pl8 tonight at 3x5. Pretty sure my weights gonna stop going up after anything above 80kg. Goals are 1/2/3/4
>>
>>38667411
Anybody else's piss bubble really bad after aerobic exercise on high protein diet?

Some days it's almost like foam

I know it has to be protein & I'm worried about diabetus
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.