[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this the right way to squat? i've tried the steps, b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2000px-Squats.svg.png (170KB, 2000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Squats.svg.png
170KB, 2000x1180px
is this the right way to squat? i've tried the steps, but i can't even get to parallel.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/no_pain_squat.htm

PROPER SQUAT
>Face the wall, direct your nose and eyes looking upward. Your chin, chest, and toes should all be touching the wall in front of you. Your toes must be pointed outward in a 45 degree angle.
>Stand with your feet about a foot length wider than shoulders, and then raise your arms above your shoulders, about even with your ears, the palm of your hand should be touching the wall at an equal distance away from your head.
>Now look up and this should help you arch your back. Stick out your chest. Lift your toes slightly. This forces you to keep your weight on your heels.
>Sit back and down a few inches at a time. Be sure to maintain your chest being parallel with the wall. Try to reach back with your buttocks, while keeping your chest parallel to the wall.
>As you lower yourself, tighten your abs, and keep your toes elevated just slightly, to push your weight on your heels.
>Keep lowering yourself until you just barely touch the chair that is about 6-12 inches behind you.
>Rise up from the lowered position by driving your hips forward (like someone is pulling on a rope tied around your waist). Exhale and inhale at the top of the movement only.
is this actual advice or broscience meme advice?
>>
actual
>>
>>38666813
Squat is probably the most talked about lift when it comes to form. Personally, I skip it because it's too complicated and you'll be injury prone if your form is off or your ankles, hamstrings, knees, or hips are weak.

So you may have form basics down, but weak ankles/knees/hips/hamstrings are weak and not allowing you actually perform proper form.

As for dropping squats, while they're a great all round exercise and build a lot of muscle at once, you're going to be injury prone if you just bang out reps while having shit form and weak ancillaries and stabilizers. I'm lifting for aesthetics, so I just do other exercises that don't need so much focus on form, and I have the time to do 3 exercises instead of 1.
>>
>>38667094
What exercises do you do in place of squats?
>>
>>38667094
>Personally, I skip it because it's too complicated
So complicated that any 3rd worlder can master it.
>I'm lifting for aesthetics
Great, you're lifting to look like every other skinny fat retard doing dumbbell chest presses. You need to inject for aesthetics faggot.
>>
>>38667174
Lunges and leg press. Would swap lunges for hack squat machine if my gym had one and add something to target glutes.

>>38667195
Yeah a third-worlder can master it. It's completely possible, I just don't want to master it as I can get my goals without it. And yes I'm already on cycle.
>>
>>38666813
There isn't one right way squat. There are different variations and performing those variations correctly is going to look different depending on the person's body (torso/leg/arm length and the relation between the 3 etc).
>>
>>38667254
DB lunges that is. Lunges are better than squats at building balance.

I seem to have given myself snapping triceps due to tricep hypertrophy. Triceps were super tight all the time, so I've gotten into mobility and injury prevention. I've started giving a shit about making sure I have strong stabilizers that works into posture and form.

You don't have to take my advice, because Zyzz probably didn't give a shit about serious injury prevention and having good stabilizers and he made it.
>>
>>38667094
>"I skip it because it's too complicated"

Dude how autistic are you?
>>
Might aswll post it here.

I experience pain on the outer quad/knee when squatting deep. From googling it looks like it band syndrome, how do i handle this shit? Doc appointment is on tuesday.

Any tips to relief pain/make it less hurt?

Thanks brahs
>>
>bodybuilding.com
Just freaking use YouTube.
>mark rippetoe
>candito
>Alan thrall

They can give you a pretty good idea on how to squat. I especially recommended candito if you wanna learn about the different styles of squat and find one that suits you.
>>
Also the chest parallel to the wall depends largely on bar position. You can't get your chest parallel if you squat low bar. Not even in high bar if you don't have a raised heel. The only way to get chest parallel to wall and hit proper depth is if you do front squats. Bodybuilding.com is fucking bullshit
>>
>>38667381
Occam's razor. Why do something complicated when you get the same results with simpler methods?

So super autistic.
>>
>>38667383
I've been reading, becoming a supple leopard. It's by the same guy that is behind mobility WOD. I think there's links in the sticky.
>>
>>38667595
There also seems to be a lot of confusion about injuries as well. A knee issue could actually be because of a hip or ankle issue. I can't diagnose things as I'm not an MD and it's the internet. You're going to have to do a lot of reading on top of what your physio says.
>>
>>38667436
>Throll
>Rippetard
lul
>>
>>38666813
I find the low bar squat to be MUCH easier to get to proper depth with as at least for me it requires far less ankle mobility. Look up rippetoe's art of manliness form video on youtube. Low bar squat can be more technically challenging at first but worth learning anyway.
>>
>>38668059
>implying Rip can't squat more than you despite his old age
>>
>>38668064
This. You really gotta get your body used to the squat 'cues' to not turn it into squat-good-morning hybrid but it requires less flexibility.

Also that hip drive is godly for thrusting your cock deep inside your gf
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.