[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join my university's powerlifting club? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: photo_2016-09-10_13-44-48.jpg (106KB, 1063x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-09-10_13-44-48.jpg
106KB, 1063x1280px
Should I join my university's powerlifting club? I'm a novice/low intermediate so I'm not keen on competing, even though it's mandatory that we attend comps to either participate in them or volunteer as a spotter.

I mainly just want to meet people who are good at lifting so I can learn and possibly be mentored, but the dues are 250 fucking dollars per semester. Meaning $500 per year, and most of that is probably going towards the serious lifters on the team so that they can fly out to Europe to compete. I'm not sure if it's worth it; has anybody else been in the same situation?
>>
That's only $40 a month.
>>
I dunno man. Powerlifters and powerlifting in general is pretty cringey.

A sport for non-athletes really isn't it.
>>
>>38655629
$500 a year to have something that gives you a feeling of obligation to go to the gym, and gets you into pretty social situations where you are very likely to meet new people or even qts? And all you really have to do at a comp is spot?

Mother fucker, are you retarded? Go. Now. Get on that shit.
>>
>>38655691
>qts

m8 powerlifter girls are fucking grim.
>>
>>38655691
I have a girlfriend and I've never had an issue with motivation with going to the gym, but I get what you're saying. I'm just not sure if it's worth it for someone whose lifts are relatively low.

>>38655710
Maybe the elite ones are, but college powerlifting girls are all thicc asians and it's great.
>>
>>38655629
Do it. It's completely worth it.

Get fucking stronk, pierce the heavens with your drill.
>>
>>38655629
Having a team is invaluable IMO. In a year or two you will be the strongest person on any commercial gym and it will be much harder to stay motivated.

What uni?
>>
>>38655741
rutgers new brunswick
>>
>>38655648
>Americans trying math
semesters are 4 months each
>>
>>38655769
What, he can't use the gym all the time? Then fuck that.
>>
File: 1424962843732.png (76KB, 297x333px) Image search: [Google]
1424962843732.png
76KB, 297x333px
>>38655732
>asians
>>
It's worth, especially if you have a competitive spirit. I think being with a group of like minded athletes and competing and training together is extremely healthy and mentally satisfying. Why do you think so many people reminiscence about high school and college sports?

If you can afford it, do it
>>
>>38655769
American school semesters are 6 months, you uncultured little shit.
>>
>>38655629
Depends on the team if they are weak fags i.e less than 4pl8 squat 5pl8 dl and 2.5-3 pl8 bench I wouldn't even bother not worth the money.
>>
>>38655629
$40 for gym access and coaching etc isn't that much

I'd never do it because I hate lifting with company and want to do it alone in peace but if you like the idea then go for it
>>
>>38656004
>American school semesters are 6 months
No, they aren't
>>
>>38656004

>what is summer/winter break
>>
>>38656174
>not including breaks in semesters
You still in high school, bro?
>>
He gets access to the gym anyway, its just paying to be in the club where strong guys get in for free anyway.

But since you go to rutgers you def have the pizza dough to pay, just do it and enjoy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.