[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I've been lifting like a mofo and seeing mas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (2MB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1600x898px
Hey /fit/, I've been lifting like a mofo and seeing massive gains but I've been plateauing. I've been using a workout I found on Reddit
>https://m.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
But it's strictly for begginers and I'm past that point already. So can any of you lay the foundation of a workout routine/weekly split that can help me increase strength and maintain a low body fat percentage when I'm at the intermediate level? I way 180lbs, my one rep maxs are:

>bench: 215lb
>weighted chin up: 70lb attached
>Squat: 275lb(back can't handle spinal compression)
>deadlift: 335lb
>Over Head Press: 125lb

I'm plateauing like a mother fucker and have been for about two months.
>>
>>38654953
OP here, my goal in terms of strength is to increase those lifts by 25% in 3 months.
>>
>>38654953
If you are new to lifting maybe you can seee a 25% increase in strength in three months. That is a kinda high goal even if you were permabulking. That is actually a good starter program. The first thing i would do imo is increase each workout set by 1 or 2. increasing overall volume is a good way to add on strength. Altho if your goal is mainly strength it would do wonders to do an extra push, pull, and leg workout a week so like one am and pm workout every other afternoon or so. As for low bf thats in your diet, just make sure you get adequate rest.
>>
>>38654953
also it wouldnt hurt to throw a deload week in, you can youtube deload week and its pretty good for overall recovery and can help people get past sticking points by ensuring near fll recover so they can come back and hit it harder.
>>
>>38654953
>reddit
YOU ARE NOT FUCKING WELCOME HERE.
STUPID FUCKNG RETARD GOA SK REDDIT FOR HELP FUCK MOTHER PIECE OF ESHIT
>>
>>38654953
Try a greyskull LP routine. I used one for a few months and had a great experience. Read the book on a pdf, but essentially you break through plateaus by increasing repetitions. It's one of the only beginner routines that you can easily use well into the intermediate stage.
>>
>>38654953
Might as well go back there
>>
>>38655548
>>38655572
OP here. Thanks guys, I'll definitely consider this. Should I do more sets on big muscle groups though? The workouts do go by really fast, like and hour and 15 minutes. I don't feel very worked or spent after my workout and feel like I'm not working enough. I know that contributes to my plateauing. Any more advice?
>>
>>38655665
Fuck off. It's the Internet. If you think your delusional sense of community makes you better than others because you're a 4chan user (a platform where everyone is anonymous so you don't really know anyone on here), then I bet you're the same fool that does curls in the squat rack and drops the weight on his pussy ass deadlift while grunting loud as fuck. You're anonymous online, you don't matter, none of this delusional sense of fraternity among users matters. I'm here for fitness advice, not your validation, so if you don't like it, then you don't have to waste your time on this thread.

>>38656118
^this goes for you too
>>
>>38656362

You sure are mad
>>
>>38656362
Found the redditor
>>
>>38656382
I'm here for fitness advice, not validation. I just want a response to the original question, not some 12 year olds telling me I'm a Reddit fag. Fitness knows no message board, I just want knowledge, so yeah, I'm gonna be a little butt hurt if someone marches in this thread making stupid statements that don't matter. For you don't want to contribute to the conversation at hand, then you don't need to be in this thread. That's the last I'm gonna say about it.
>>
>>38654953
My maxes are around the same as yours but I weigh about 163. And I'm still intermediate. Which leads me to think you may have some beginner gains left that you can squeeze out
How tall are you?
>>
>>38657441
6'0"
>>
>>38654953
>not only a reddit link but a MOBILE reddit link
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.