[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Cash is spread very thinly among my family so in short we only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Cash is spread very thinly among my family so in short we only have processed crap ie packet pies / dinners and im a full time student at uni so i dont have time to pick up many work hours.

Fresh fruit and vege are very expensive so i cant afford alot of it let alone food in general.

Can anyone direct me towards some info on stretching out healthy food on the cheap
>>
>>38652246
eggs and whole milk, figgit.
>>
>>38652246
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>38652246
Does your University have a buffet style cafeteria? If so then you know what to do. Bring a big backpack or deep pockets.
>>
Buy in bulk.

You can buy huge bags of rice and beans for a tiny amount of money.
>>
>>38652389
This guy gets it.
Buy food that is not perishable in bulk.
Tinned stuff, dried stuff, and frozen foods.
>>
>>38652389
>>38652756
I still don't understand why people don't get this
my diet now is cheaper than the stuff I've been stuffing my face with before
>>
File: cutting.png (577KB, 1032x1226px) Image search: [Google]
cutting.png
577KB, 1032x1226px
>>
>fresh
That's your problem. Buy them frozen. They are a lot cheaper.
>>
>>38652389
This. Buy huge bulk packs of non-perishables, rice and beans and frozen veggies and chicken breast and ground beef etc. Then find a nice store to buy fresh stuff from when you need it.
>>
Frozen veggies are cheap as fuck and are as good as fresh.

Buying FRESH fruits and veggies is largely unnecessary and is often used as an excuse by poor-anons to not change their diet.

Fresh is irrelevant. Just veggies and sometimes fruit, canned/frozen/whatever.
>>
>>38653746
I don't even know where this meme comes from
I'm poor as fuck, but I still get 1kg of fresh bananas for 1,59€.. pears and nectarines go for the same price
they get even cheaper when on discount (it's not unusual for fruit to be more that 50% off on saturday evenings, but you only have the leftovers then)
>>
>>38652934
is this all you eat in a day? just that and water, 6 bananas seems odd but they aren't that expensive even in canada, I can get 8 at costco for 2 bucks
>>
>>38652246
It's fucking september you moron. Go steal apples from a neighbour.
>>
>>38652246
Canned and frozen veg is fairly cheap
Locally farmed/gathered foods
Fishing and hunting are cheap but if you need protein then beans and eggs are cheap as hell.

I've read somewhere that you can survive off of potatoes, organic eggs, and real full cream butter alone because it fills all of your macro and micronutrient needs.

But I'll have to check on that.
>>
>>38652246
>we only have processed crap ie packet pies / dinners

Another family too stupid to budget and ignorant to learn how to cook nutritious meals on the cheap then?
>>
Lentis, rice, dried beans in bulk, cheap cuts of chicken, potatoes, oats and frozen veggies. And hunt for bargains you dunce.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.