[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one stay healthy and lean when everyone around you drinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1473358809147.jpg (438KB, 3570x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1473358809147.jpg
438KB, 3570x1680px
How does one stay healthy and lean when everyone around you drinks a shitload of alcohol?
>>
>>38634258
Practice self-control, alchy. I work in a brewery, get bombarded with free beer daily, but I only drink a couple times a week, rarely more than 2 or 3 beers, and never in lifting days.
>>
Drink wine or spirits in moderation?
>>
>>38634258
Absolutely haram, hope a fatwa will be issued on these
>>
>>38634258

I don't drink alcohol

I don't have any friends either

Problem solved.
>>
>>38634354
no you are mistaken, these are the new Germans
>>
Cardio except cardio is gay so I don't drink. Smoke weed
>>
File: beer.jpg (41KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
41KB, 640x474px
>>38634326

Same here. I drink craft beer, like pictured, a few days a week, and never on lifting days. Drinking on a lifting day really fucks with your test and muscle gains.

Also working a 9-5 job really helps me, I be sure to eat at least 1/2 my daily protein while at work, so I'm basically recovering and building muscle while being a desk jockey. Drink beer after work on rest days.

Been doing this for over a year now, have had nice and steady lean gains with moderate drinking.
>>
File: lobsterdog.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
lobsterdog.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Most posters here are Americans, who are pissweak when it comes to drinking. If you're a country where men drink like proper men, you can't avoid the booze (eg. I'm Australian and love getting sloshed). From my understanding:

-if you are drinking then have a fatty meal, the liver takes metabolising the alcohol as first priority, so more fat is stored in the body. Lean protein meals before drinking is what I aim for

-vodka and soda water is meant to be the lowest calorie drink.But who wants to drink that. I love beer.

-I found personally that extra cardio keeps the belly fat down. I do triathlons occasionally and I can drink like a fish during the training months beforehand and not get fat. Doesn't work if I'm only doing weights.

Mostly broscience but hey
>>
>>38634258

Keeping carbs pretty low helps. Basically, don't go eating bread, rice, and dessert along with a shit-ton of alcohol and not expect to get fat, no matter how much lifting or even cardio you do.

Compensate with diet. Eat protein and fat in teh morning, lean protein around drinking, carbs around workouts.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/science-binge-drinking/
>>
>>38634258

cut them off obviously

how can you expect to be happy if you cant do it by yourself
>>
>>38634453

>vodka & soda water

> rum & coke zero

> whisky and diet dry

> whisky and ice

> whisky neat

they all run in at roughly 70 calories a drink; compared to 160+ for a normal beer and 400+ for a cocktail
>>
Ain't no calories in weed nigga
>>
>>38634371
At least they care more about beer than Islam.
>>
>>38634258
Drink 400 calories of alcohol... eat 400 less calories of food that day...

That's how, idiot.
>>
Die druggie scum
>>
>>38634258
Be an individual.
>>
>>38634356
I think I need to be awarded for not drinking alcohol for last entire year

My friends and coworkers are all that type that call people who don't drink pussy and they consider drinking as part of basic social interaction
I straight up refuse evey drink and still haven't pissed anyone off and made a big deal about it
Btw I love the drunk feeling and love the taste of beer
>>
>>38634258
Who here knows what 0 alcohol beer taste like? Although j knows they still have 70kcal in a bottle. I just really like the taste of cold beer don't give a shit about getting drunk
>>
>>38634258
you dont

>>38634453
>men drink like proper men,
and dont get in the weak mindset of defining yourself with what you drink. what are you a teenager?

>>38636279
there is malt drink if its the same thing? very yummy and also fattening. cuz its so tasty and no alcohol u basically dont wanna stop
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.