[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have been going on /fit/ for 5 years >Started off fatass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1409375145255.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1409375145255.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>Have been going on /fit/ for 5 years
>Started off fatass
>Over 5 years I've literally just been idle at skinnyfat tier, lifting on and off
>Have made no noticeable progress, still a worthless DYEL

Fuck guys. 5 years, and I wasted them all fitness wise.

I struggle to imagine what people I shitposted with at the start look like now
>>
I can't stand the thought of how much time and """effort""" I have wasted in the gym. I have literally made zero progress since I started. Just thinking about it makes me want to fucking kill myself.

>have one life
>completely bottle it and become a pathetic loser
>>
>>38633364
Iktfb
>>
>>38633303

You'd rather go back to Full Fatass?
>>
>>38633303
>>38633364
>theres are the people shitting up the CBT and hating on anyone who have made gains past 6 months
>>
>>38633445
Nah I haven't hated on anyone ever in my time

Only given advice ive read from others that made a lot of sense to me. Also a lot of motivational shit
>>
File: progress4.png (398KB, 988x396px) Image search: [Google]
progress4.png
398KB, 988x396px
>first enter a gym at 15
>19 now
>still look like shit because my pecs don't come together at the bottom

well i'll just go fuck myself
>>
>>38633445
>trying to this hard
I hate myself, not others. The only use I have for CBT is fostering an even bigger dissatisfaction with what little progress I've made.
>>
>>38633303
How old are you
>>
>>38633485
>fishing this hard
I thought that was something women did.
>>
Run 20 Rep squat programme, eat, profit
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
I was 17 when I started lifted and discovered /fit/. I'm 22 now.

I gave up on being big and juicy and cut and "aesthetic" about 2 years into lifting. I lift now to stay active to be fit, stronk, athletic and healthy.

Really progress is not a competition when you have nobody you're competing with. Lifting and fitness are personal and individual endeavors. In my opinion getting old is an inevitability, so try just aiming for general fitness and healthiness, slow and steady progress and overall improvement, and not just whether or not you've slapped on 50 pounds to your deadlift in a few months.

Pic related, scoobs pretty much embodies this kind of approach to fitness.
>>
>>38633303
so start today

>>38633364
>>38633407
stop feeling sorry for yourself, the time you spent was not wasted even if you think you made zero progress you probably learned a lot. you just gotta find some approach that works for you. keep looking, change things around once you find an approach taht works for you you can look good in a short amount of time.

>>38633485
only thing lacking is your chest dont be such a drama queen about it. also that angle exaggerates the fact taht they dont come together at the bottom. everyone has an angle that makes them look bad.
>>
>>38633635
Hating yourself and feeling sorry for yourself is not the same.
>>
File: 1471625416709.jpg (98KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
1471625416709.jpg
98KB, 940x627px
This board makes you feel like you gotta get hueg but the truth is that if you are staying healthy and active and doin things you enjoy to stay that way you are already winning at life
>>
>>38633364
>>38633303
change up your routines, brahs. the reason there isnt one, single definitive routine for building muscle is that your body will adapt to the specific stress of a specific routine and wont see any need to add muscle to itself. and some people may or may not respond better to different routines, Im not sure. i did 5x5 for a while, eventually plateaud. switched to 4x8 and saw some gains and plateaud. did a combination of the two, gained,. plateaud. tried 10x10 for a month or so and have gained well, but its designed as a temporary routine, so Im switching back to a lower rep scheme next week. try it out, diversity is your friend. and when you see gains again after so long without, it really rekindles your love for lifting
>>
>>38633664
those are identical
>>
>>38633303
Well, your first problem is shit talking yourself.
>>
>>38633559
You'd better be doing some cardio too, because lifting itself won't make you healthy at all.
>>
>>38634676
I do cardio 5 days a week and lift 3 days a week.
I also do lots of post-workout static stretches and some yoga poses before bed. Overall my fitness, health, mobility, etc are much better off with this mentality than before
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.