[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is 200 push ups a day legit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hourglassfigurelost.png (350KB, 745x513px) Image search: [Google]
hourglassfigurelost.png
350KB, 745x513px
is 200 push ups a day legit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UQwUe4l6II

I just did 50 push ups and 50 squats in 5x10 each, going to build them up to 10x10 and then start adding reps to get to 10x20. then maybe increasing the reps and decreasing the sets for brevity.

the same guy also did 200 bodyweight squats a day and got good results
>>
>>38629887
I bet he'd get better results if he had 1-2 day breaks.

Training every day is retarded.
>>
>>38629916
>Training every day is retarded.
he doesn't know about high frequency training, lelel1l1l1l1l1l1lo21lpeiwejdsesodlfusdyghfsd!
>>
>>38629925
Go back to /b/
>>
>>38629887
Might as well be jerking off.
Go to the gym and lift weights. No need to reinvent the wheel
The fastest way to a good body is getting your lifts to 1/2/3/4 and then cutting. If you're skinnyfat, recomp with a high protein diet at maintenance calories.
Bodyweight training can only take you so far man. I actually do push ups for shoulder and scapula health but beyond that you're better off working to a 2pl8 bench
>>
>>38629981
what if i do both at once?
>>
I read somewhere tha prisoners only do bodyweight exercises(pull ups,chin ups,dips,squats) and manage to become very big.You can get big by doing daiy bodyweight exercises but you have to increase the weight by progressive overload.Once 20 push ups become easy dont try to increase the number.Wear a backpack and fill it with weights progressively adding more and more and weight.You should see results.
>>
>>38629981
Calisthenics was and is used by every athlete, warrior, soldier, and cop/police to ever exist on the planet fucking earth.

They all see good results and they all become monsters.
>>
>>38629981
Dogshit.

You can get decent physique with bodyweight, but not everyday.

Progressing with pull-ups, dips, push-ups and sprinting is possible and even more possible if you have a weight bag or a weight jacket.

Still, you'll need 2 days rest in between training days, proper nutrition and time under tension.

No faggot DYEL half-pulls, no faggot half-pushes, full ROM slow legit pull-ups and push-ups only.

You will build your upper body eventually, it is real, however, your legs and chest will be lagging most likely.

Also, IMO you can gain only about 10-15 kgs that way before the plateau.
>>
>>38630017
High volume push ups EVERY day plus weight training? It would impede recovery from what matters which is your basic strength training. As a natural you grow by training intensely and then resting, not by pumping yourself with endless volume every day. Not even professional athletes do that much shit.
>>
File: 1d9.jpg (41KB, 680x683px) Image search: [Google]
1d9.jpg
41KB, 680x683px
>>38630081
>>
>>38630083
Sure you can get "aestetic" from a consistent bw program, but all you'd earn yourself is a shitty, skinny bw aestetic. I feel like if the same time spent doing bw was focused into a bb/strength program then the results would be better.
>>
>>38630220
Even if you d bodyweight exercises with addd weight?
>>
Can you do bodyweight exercises on/off days when you lift? I know you need rest and shouldn't keep hitting certain muscles but if it's possible to do so that would be fantastic for constant progress.
>>
>>38630220
You will get your pounds from it, because body weight is still fucking weight.

Lats are the second largest muscle in your body after the glutes, most people can't even do 10 proper pull-ups, because they have shitty lats. It's a more compound equivalent of lat pulldown with your body's weight.

Pull-ups with a weighted backpack are almost the same as bench press.

By the time you'll able to do 10×5sets proper pull-ups with 2 min breaks, you'll already look way different. After that you can just add weight.

Follow the same 10-12 hyportrophy range and 1.5-2 mins resting range with last set 'till failure.

You CAN build UPPER body with bodyweight.

But you WON'T have the legs of a lifter ever.
End of story.
>>
>>38630435
Push-ups with a weighted backpack*

Fixed
>>
>>38629887

The only thing that changed was the lighting...
>>
>>38629981

Bodyweight training can get you as far as you let it.

There are certain progressions that if done with good form will build muscle. If you took push ups and planks to planche leans, tuck planche, advanced tuck, ect thats still progressive over load. You could also do the push up variant of each.

If you think bodyweight training is just adding reps then you clearly never thought about it seriously. Try these progressions and tell me you can do the last one with perfect form for reps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH1eR2BGa_E
>>
I'm a trainer, when I get skinnyfat guys I make them implement a 5x20 push up regimen every day. Chin ups are every other day, 5xF, and BW squats 5x20. Spread these throughout the day, not all at once.

Skinnyfat guys very commonly make the mistake of thinking low reps/heavy weight is best for their body type, but realistically they should be doing a BB oriented routine with moderate to high volume, and moderate weight. Training to failure as a SF is so horrible for their CNS.

Doing push ups and squats every day helps retrain your body to pump blood into your MUSCLES. Doing it every day helps keep you "pumped". Since it doesn't break down your muscles that much it is fine to do every day (assuming you aren't horrendously weak).
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.