[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starting Greyskull LP tomorrow >bought some microplates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: shoulder.jpg (23KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder.jpg
23KB, 500x300px
>starting Greyskull LP tomorrow
>bought some microplates (0.5 and 1kg) online
>just realised that their holes are too small and probably won't fit into the barbells at the gym I go to

What do /fit/?
>>
>>38627880
dont make several days worth of progress in one session and buy some new ones.
>>
You go back to the store ypu bought it and try to change them, don't know how consumer laws go where you live.
Also, you should have checked that before the purchase.
Or you can kill yourself.

Personally, I'd go with the last option.
>>
Buy magnetic weights
>>
>>38627896
I always kek at the demeanor on the internet

>here is some actual reasonable advice that may as well come from a middle class/upper class person
>but also kill yourself kek

UNIQUE
>>
My gym has plates with holes like in pic so i squeeze microplates in between 2 plates
>>
>>38627880
LOL I made the same exact mistake, was able to return it to the store though... Got some wrist weights instead; works great to put on the bar and can be used for other excercises as well. Super cheap too.
>>
>>38627880
>half a kg plates
seriously, those are entirely worthless even if you are weak 12 yo girl
1.25/1.5 kg should be the legal minimum
>>
>>38630127
You put one on each side for a 1kg increase. Is that little? Yes, and that's the point; your body hardly notices the difference and you don't fret about it as much (it's about psychology as much as anything). Progressing from 60kg bench to 61, to 62.5 is easier for both body and brain to handle than just going from 60 to 62.5. Remember, this is a NOOB programme for total beginners. People with some experience might not need microplates, but for noobs it's awesome.
>>
>>38630173
>your body shouldn't notice
No. Your body SHOULD notice the progression. Even more if you're a noob.
Throw away whatever shitty book you're reading.
>>
>>38627880
Just add reps instead of fucking around with 1 kilo jumps
>muh progressive overload
>muh microloading
>>
Just duct tape the micro plates to your forearms. Don't they teach critical thinking anymore?
>>
>>38627880
As a liter of water weighs just about 1 kg, just drink 1 liter of water if you want to microload.
>>
Use some string and tie the microplates to the barbell.
>>
Just tape them to the larger plates
>>
>>38627880
tie them to the bar
>>
Ask the plate vendor at your gyms marketplace for a child's barbell and say you're transmanlet
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.