[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone out there suffering from social anxiety? How do you deal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: social_anxiety.png (3MB, 1800x1626px) Image search: [Google]
social_anxiety.png
3MB, 1800x1626px
Anyone out there suffering from social anxiety?
How do you deal with it?
I get anxiety just thinking about walking into a gym. I can't deal with crowds of people, but I don't have the money to fund a home gym.
Please tell me I'm not alone in this.
>>
I get high as fuck put my headphones on and zone out.

>be the beast your worship
>>
>>38609970
you don't feel sluggish and tired when you're high?
>>
Go see a councillor or psychologist that specializes in cbt. Be prepared to do some hard work (you'll be putting yourself in situations that you find difficult then challenging the thoughts that make the situation unpleasant for you). You get out what you put in but you can make it.

Dealing with social anxieties is a bit like trying to lose bf%. It's straight forward but, nevertheless, difficult to do.

Nip it in the bud now so it doesn't blight the rest of your life ........ Also remember everyone gets anxious about things..... you're just experiencing quite normal anxieties that have been blown out of proportion.
>>
>>38610074
Thanks anon.
I know deep down that I need psychological help, but getting over the shame of having to go to therapy is difficult to overcome.
I also don't have much disposable income and therapy can get expensive.
I guess I always thought I'd just grow out of giving a fuck.
>>
Find a 24 hour gym and go there. You're bound to run into a few people, but it wont be as bad as a whole gym full. Likewise, just go during normal hours, put in your headphones and jam. Lift like no one is watching, because no one is.
>>
>>38609951
Same here breh I feel anxious if someone walks as the same speed I do
>tfw 28
>tfw no light at the end of the tunnel
>>
>>38610186
>no one's watching
even if i'm a literal skeleton?
Also whenever there's threads about people doing things in the gym like
>yawning or drinking water between sets
>wearing basketball shorts
>wearing headphones

are these legitimate things you shouldn't do in a gym or what?
>>
>>38610216
I was walking to get ice cream like 20 minutes ago and I literally forgot how to walk normally. Like I was overthinking my strides and whether I was heel striking or not. I had to stop walking for a few minutes and reset.
>tfw life is misery
>>
>>38609951
Everyone had to start out somewhere.
You will make mistakes in the gym,
Some of your lifts will have shit form and you won't notice for days or weeks.
Some asshole will purposely do do the same lift as you with higher weight to flex nuts.

We've all been there. It's like an initiation to gains. Just do it.
>>
28 here. It gets a lot better the more you put yourself in those situations.
>>
>>38610317
I feel like it wouldn't be so hard if I had someone to go to the gym with. either to show me the ropes or share the embarrassment with. but all of my friends have left me to go to university.
>>
I've been getting better, but the other day I accidentally went to the gym in basketball shorts and had a bunch of people stare and laugh at me. Considering cancelling my membership
>>
>>38610239
They don't really care what you do. Maybe if you're really skinny they'd take note and think "looks like he's trying to get bigger" or something. You can wear basketball shorts, yawn, wear headphones. Just google a list of gym etiquette tips and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38610485
please tell me this is just a meme.
the only shorts I own are basketball shorts and I don't even play basketball.
>>
>>38610274
Thank you, truly. It's people like you that make me feel normal.
>>
>>38609951
Just gotta be strong enough to fight through it.
>>
>>38610508
>people like you
well then.. you're welcome I guess. truly.
>>
what if im a manlet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.