[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do BCAA supplements improve workouts or is it a gimmick? my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cal.jpg (80KB, 602x603px) Image search: [Google]
cal.jpg
80KB, 602x603px
Do BCAA supplements improve workouts or is it a gimmick?

my buddy has like 100 sample sachets
>>
There's BCAA's in food lol.
>>
if you're not a starving ethiopian/work out fasted you get enough bcaa's from food
exam
http://examine.com/supplements/Branched+Chain+Amino+Acids/
>>
>>38564383
That makes me think it could be good for me, if I eat even a moderate amount of food I feel lazy and lethargic, ruining my workout
>>
I've been doing fasted workouts in the morning with EAA (pretty much the same thing as far as I can tell) before and after. I'm progressing but of course I don't know if I would otherwise.
>>
>>38564360
Callum is looking a lot smaller.

I have a feeling his girlfriend is one of those "You're looking too big I think you'd look better if you were smaller".
>>
>>38564383
This.
My anecdote is that I got a sample box with my peanut butter order and tried it before/after workout for two weeks. I saw literally 0 differences.
>>
>>38564613

Are you dumb?
His gf is roiding as well and basicly lives inside the gym
>>
>>38564375
>>38564383
you're missing the point of BCAAs. the point is not that we're not getting enough through our diet, and if you take them with a meal or something you might as well flush it down the toilet. you use them to spike muscle protein synthesis/decrease breakdown between meals and around your workouts. we know that BCAAs do this, so the remaining question is how big of an impact this actually makes in the long term. maybe it's negligible, maybe it actually amounts to something over time. at the moment we don't know for sure, and probably won't for a long time.
>>
>>38564855
this guy gets it. the thing with the fitness industry/ supps is theres always going to be to many variables. in the end just research for yourself or find someone you think is knowledgeable (I read a lot of Ben pakulskis shit).
really though you kind of just have to weigh up whether its cost effective for you. can you afford to use it even if its only a 5% difference in performance?
>>
>>38564360

on a cut or going for otter mode i use BCAA's.

they work i feel like shit without them, throw 2 scoops in a gallon & drink that shit threw out the day.
>>
>>38564878
How much do people normally use? The scoop I got was about 10g.
>>
I got half a tub full from a friend, saving it for my cut. I've heard that even when using it "fasted" it's just a meme, but as I got it for free I'll try it out. I say "fasted" because it's amino acids, they contain calories, when you've had them you are literally not fasted anymore. I don't know really how it affects your body compared to having a small meal or having nothing at all though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.