[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ how the hell do I regain good posture and stop slouching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: man-slouching.jpg (34KB, 212x360px) Image search: [Google]
man-slouching.jpg
34KB, 212x360px
/fit/ how the hell do I regain good posture and stop slouching? Is that even possible for a person who works a typical office job?
>>
man up
>>
Working on it right now.

first
>go to lib gen and download Kendall's Muscles Testing and Function. this is your bible now and you read it everyday
second
>start working on stretching at least 2x a day after you get your entire body tested for shortness (book explains how)
third
>stretching does nothing without the mind, you need to remember yourself to keep upright
forth
>keep reading Kendall and ''learning how to see'' posture and postural problems

Stretching is both overrated and essential. While it won't restore your posture, if you are like me, without stretching you can't even get in the right posture. For example my hamstrings where so thigh before I started that it hurt even getting in the starting position for the stretching. Also

>changing posture = changing biomechanics

For example in my case I had (and still have) sway back posture. I'm correcting myself all the time to stop pushing my hips foward with every step.
>>
>>38557456
Can I find this book in pdf anywhere? I'm in a bit of a non-english shithole so finding it in a book form may be impossible.

>Stretching is both overrated and essential.
Been doing some stretching stuff I found on the internet for like half a year now and while I feel like I can't stretch any further at this point, my posture seems to be about the same. In fact I may have developed a hunch so getting a proper posture is pretty hard if I don't look into the mirror and correct myself. And then I just somehow can't keep the good posture, especially when sitting in front of the computer, since no matter what, after few hours there I will be tired and slouch.

What do?
>>
File: 1470683795956.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1470683795956.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>38557563
he literally gave you the name of the site you mongoloid retard
>>
>>38557563
""Library Genesis""

I'm not finding the link but I know theres one somewhere. I'm using a physical copy from college but I had the pdf (from lib gen) in the past.

You need to chance your behavior and learn how to see (spending a lot of time playing with mirrors). Try to stand more and get constant breaks from sitting. Give yourself situations where you need to stand.
For example while i'm studying I put my papers very far and let only one sheet on my desk, I'm always moving inside the house to get new sheets. Drink water/pee from time to time and don't let a water bottle in your desk. I like to cook and I'm always standing while I cook. Also fired the maid so now I have all her cardio from keeping the house organized and clean.
>>
>>38557708
>>38557784
Okay, I found it. Didn't realise libgen was a thing.

>Try to stand more and get constant breaks from sitting.
I've been trying to do that but I still end up slouching whenever I stop thinking about it. It's like breathing, I can only control it when I think about it. And then there's also the issue of me being sometimes exhausted which makes it hard to stand upright sometimes.
>>
>>38557836
I have the same problem and even though I have some hope, I think my posture will always be bad.
Try strengthening neck flexors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrGKvCqynY
Pay attention to your body. I can feel when my chest is caved in and can feel when I put it in a better position. Don't expect to correct this old habit in one week/month. Maybe after 3 years you can start seeing SMALL improvements.

Remember that with or without perfect posture you gonna die anyway.
>>
I have non structural scoliosis too and the doctor said maybe it gets better in 10-20 years.
>>
File: 1429011975553.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1429011975553.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>38557944
>>38557972
>3 years
>10-20 years
Do I just give up now?
>>
>>38558256

You realize unless it is an extreme case, bad posture only impacts your aesthetics and theres more in life than this. Watch the olympics and you gonna see even some elite athletes have bad posture. You not supposed to have control over everything in real life.
>>
>>38558372
I don't know but I feel like my shitty posture isn't really helping me get a gf, mate.
>>
>>38558403
History books can tell you what a male had to have in the past to get a gf. Some basic qualities are:

>defensive skills (not that necessary today)
>supportive skills (money)
>good genes

You won't change genes but you can improve BF, lean mass, dressing, skin... Money you get from having something useful to the rest of society and you can add muscles if you are really insecure and needs to look more manly.

Before blaming posture look what you have to offer. Needless to say you always find someone worse/better than you. I know a guy who has a much much worse cervical curvature (to the point, I think, only surgery can help), is shorter and is skinnyfat. He has a girlfriend, I don't.
I failed to get a white 5'9'' girl in the past and she has been dating a 5'6'' brown skinned guy for 4 years now. Also sorry but it's just a numbers game (if you already take care of yourself). To get girls you need to invest time/money/energy but sometimes, under some circumstances and depending on your environment, chasing is just not viable.

>inb4 excuses, only takes 5 minutes

No way. Learn that everything in life as a cost in money and/or time, put in the paper and you see how costly pursuing girls is.
>>
>>38557368
Corrective deadlifts
>>
>>38558765
Very ineffective. This board deadlifts are a magic lift.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.