[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is a 320 squat on SS pretty much the end of the program? I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 2u1bxTI.png (478KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2u1bxTI.png
478KB, 600x600px
is a 320 squat on SS pretty much the end of the program? I haven't heard of anyone really going beyond that. I was aiming for 405 before moving to texas method.

should be squatting 2 plates in about a week. Pretty pumped about that
>>
>>38553748
>Surely my linear gains will continue forever, I'll be at 2pl8 soon!

Unless you're 250 poons with prior athletic or weight lifting experience, no you won't be hitting a 4 pl8 squat on a beginner program. You'll be lucky to hit 3 pl8 in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>38553767
I guess 3's the goal. I'd be pretty happy with that
>>
>>38553748
It depends on your rest, genetics, and how hard you're willing to bulk.

3pl8 squat is realistic and should be achieved on most beginner Programs. You're ready for an intermediate program after you've stalled after a couple of resets, and have ruled out external factors such as rest/diet/form as the cause of said stall. What this number will be will vary for each individual.
>>
>>38553799
>>38553767
What's a good aim for OHP?
>>
>>38553748
Apologize
>>
>>38554011
165lbs x 5
>>
I linear progressed to 315 5x5, maybe 320 for one or two sessions. People generally are skeptical nowadays and I don't squat that now, but it was fun the first 6 months I had ever stepped into a gym
>>
File: 1469928630834.png (67KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1469928630834.png
67KB, 230x230px
>>38553748
I stopped SS when I hit 405, its a good number and 4 plates is impressive even to non normie lifters. it took me about 8 months to achieve that, I was also eating at a caloric surplus for the whole time as well, I didn't do gomad, but I still drank whole milk with every meal. now I am doing 5/3/1
>>
File: Rip.jpg (117KB, 405x513px) Image search: [Google]
Rip.jpg
117KB, 405x513px
>http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/15386-zach-update-3.html

Okay bros. I'm reading some of Zach's Progress. His squat was at 345x5. Rip was saying that they were using TM for squats. Is he saying that he was doing SS for all the other lifts and he was doing TM style just for the squats?

I'm thinking because not all of your lifts are going to stall out at once
>>
I could only linearly progress to 120kg squat.
It's different for everyone.
Texas method took me to 160kg, but by that point I was getting too fat for my own liking, so I went on a cut.
>>
>>38554197
Then you lost all your strength and stopped lifting? what happened?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.