[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /fit/, how much could you lift when you first started?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Snapchat-5389815374724085955.jpg (195KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5389815374724085955.jpg
195KB, 720x1280px
Alright /fit/, how much could you lift when you first started?

I'm 6'4" 230 pounds, just started lifting this week and I can only bench 90 lbs. Do I have muscular dystrophy or something? Pic related, it's me
>>
>>38509783
>Do I have muscular dystrophy or something?

No it just seems like you've never done a specific exercise before and you are new to the movement and activating your muscle fibers to press up a weight.
>>
>>38509783
I started off benching 4pl8 so I'm not sure how you could possibly start at 90 lmao
>>
>>38509794
SO how quickly should I expect to progress? Because I go to a gym in a college town where 90% of the dudes there are lifting fucking vending machines so I feel like a faget lifting 90 lbs
>>
Pretty normal, especially if you've been inactive for the most of your life.
>>
>>38509808
>SO how quickly should I expect to progress? Because I go to a gym in a college town where 90% of the dudes there are lifting fucking vending machines so I feel like a faget lifting 90 lbs

Who the fuck cares?

Focus on yourself, lift for 1-2 years. In no time at all you'll notice you're starting to look better than the average person on the street and you're among the strongest at your gym.

It's always slow at first but just get into the grove. tunnel vision on your goals and eventually you'll be the guy getting stared at
>>
>>38509837
Thanks m8, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>38509783
You look normal. I started lifting less than 90lbs on bench, I was doing 65lbs when I started squatting, but i was shorter than you.

You're just soft and weak, but that goes away in time. Focus on increasing your lifts, newbie gains are real, you'll be at least a bit manly if you do physical activity for a few months. In two years you could be benching 2 plates.

I started off weaker than you, few years later I look way better. Don't worry about there you start, it's where you finish that matters.
>>
>>38509794
he needs to activate his almonds
>>
>>38510333
this
>2016
>not activating your almonds
>>
If you are a noob, you will quickly make gains. I wouldn't be surprised if in a month or two you can bench 135 easy. Like the other anon said, fuck everyone else and just focus on improving yourself.

Consistency is the key. If you're focused, you will improve. Slack off and you'll get nowhere. The gym is literally one of the few places that repays you based solely of the work you put in the gym and at the kitchen. Put in hard work, get great results. Put in mediocre work, get mediocre results.

If you're self conscious about lifting bitch weight, use dumbbells. For some reason, people judge that less versus bench.

Personally, I started with 15 lb dumbbells and struggled. I can now do 65lbs easy. That's not a whole lot, but it's the definitely better than what I was doing before.
>>
I just recovered from surgery after 12 weeks out and I'm lifting considerably less... I've went from -
Bench - 120kg > 80kg
Squat - 170kg > 100kg
Bent over row 100kg > 60kg

Haven't tested the other lifts yet but it just shows that if you don't lift specific exercises, you're not gonna start out lifting decent weights in that exercise...
My brother came with me to train as my new partner, it was his first time... He's lifting the same as you and he's 6'3 at 89kg
Don't worry just keep lifting
>>
>>38509783
When i started lifting i weighed 50kg and did 40kg bench, you have issues
>>
>>38510317
>>38511393
Thanks guys, I was feeling a bit discouraged. Hopefully I'll be able to post some worthwhile progress in a few months!
>>
>>38509783
Dude, I started benching with 30 Kg (66 lbs I think). Now, 6 years later, I'm at 2pl8 without much problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.