[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me pick a gym, /fit/ >Going to do 5X5 Stronglifts Option

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lifetime.jpg (10KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
lifetime.jpg
10KB, 308x164px
Help me pick a gym, /fit/
>Going to do 5X5 Stronglifts

Option 1: Lifetime Fitness
>$139 joining charge
>$59 / mo
>lots of weights, pool, basketball, racquetball, squash, and an excellent climbing room
>Trainers and professionals
>equipment to measure bodyfat, hydration levels, etc.

Option 2: Planet Fitness
>$39 annual charge
>$10 / mo
>not a lot of weights

Is Lifetime really 6X (+$100) better than PF? How much other stuff do you use at your gym?
>>
Just tie some boulders to a stick and do that if you're gonna compare planet fatness with an actual gym
>>
Consider that SL has exercises that revolve around a barbell, and PF has none.
>>
>>38468751
Home gym nigga
>>
>>38468779
I live in a small apartment.
>>
go to a gym with no joining charge, you should always be able to negotiate this, dont be a beta
>>
ive been going to lifetime over the summer
personally i dont think its worth it. the facilities are nice but everything is expensive as fuck, everyone is very pretentious, trainers are constantly walking around eyeing you, theres screens on the wall and attached to cardio machines but half of them are playing ads for the gym itself. it just feels like an ordeal.
>>
>>38468751

Leaving aside the fact that these are almost certainly not your only options, Lifetime is the clear choice here. It's a shame to pay money for bells and whistles you probably won't ever use, but since Planet Fitness doesn't have the equipment necessary for you to train correctly and would ban you if you tried (literally) you can't really go there for anything other than the occasional "free" food.

Better to pay $60 for something than $10 for nothing.
>>
>>38468751
OP, if you want me to be honest...

don't sign up for Lifetime Fitness unless the pool is 25 meters long or olympic size. there won't be use for it
>>
>>38468751
Talk to the people there. Ask them to drop the joining charge and put you on $70/month.

If they say no, tell them to get back to you if they're still interested in your money.
>>
>>38468751
honestly 60 doesn't sound that much for a pool etc.
in poor old yurop that would be a fantastic deal
>>
>>38468751
I work at lifetime so I get a free membership. Honestly though I think it's worth $59/mo. The gym has everything and I use either the sauna, pool, steam room or hot tub almost every day, plus it's 24/7. If you're looking for ONLY a gym then don't do it. If you want extra nice stuff you should consider joining
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.