[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You need a strength base before doing a bodybuilding/aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 22

File: 12.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
>You need a strength base before doing a bodybuilding/aesthetics routines
>Strength training is the best way for a natty to gain "aesthetics"

These statements are complete fucking nonsense yet you idiots keep perpetuating them and turning newbies into pseudo powerlifters.

There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.
>>
>>38463385
Enjoy your pussy gains bitch
>>
>>38463385
>yeah brah curls all day

Lel
>>
>>38463385
Post a picture of your body with a timestamp, thanks.

Also, none says shit like you "quoted". All people say is that increasing weights aka linear overload is the best way to gain muscle mass for natties.
>>
>>38463397
first post best post
>>
>>38463385
>There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.
Sort of true, if you're on the same shit as pic related, you don't even have to go to the gym. But if you want to get a good physique drug free you better deadlift and squat son.
>>
>>38463452
>Getting picture related without going to the gym
hello newfriend
>>
>>38463385
>Benching sub 1 pl8 for 12 reps will give you a big chest.
Mist people that start lifting have never been to a gym in their lives.
>>
>>38463407
It was parroted on fit nonstop for fucking years.
>>
>>38463385
Somebody post that guy who did SS for 36 months and ended up looking like a literal Hercules
>>
>>38463480
Sure thing. Post your body
>>
>>38463385
Why do these folk work so hard on their bodies and then determine to cover their arms in assclown tattoos?
>>
>>38463486
the guy looks incredible but the 36 months SS part is a meme buddy
>>
>>38463385
>implying squats and deadlifts arent king as fuck.
>>
>>38463511

King at snapping your shit up
>>
>>38463385
>Thinking you can be aesthetic lifting baby weight

Ask any big cunt in your gym how much they lift and guaranteed it's some heavy ass shit. Guess how i know you're dyel as fuck OP. Stupid fuck, the people in pic related probably aren't natty either.
>>
>>38463521
>I have shit form

Found the DYEL.
>>
>>38463385
okay become a body builder curling soup cans anon
>>
>>38463524
>Probably aren't natty either
>Probably
>>
>>38463492
Does it matter what my body looks like if I'm simply telling you a fact?

On second thought, post your power lifting built body with todays date. If you do that I'll post my hairy chunky calisthenics built dadbod and we can compare workout notes.
Deal?
>>
>>38463531

All it takes is one tiny muscle imbalance or one very brief moment of form breakdown and you are out of lifting for life.
>>
>>38463385
Man those guys sure jumped into the big boy juice now
>>
File: cat.png (290KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
290KB, 640x529px
>>38463385
I really hope this is bait for the sake of the kids
>>
>>38463385

jesus the Harrison twins are starting to get huge
>>
>>38463537
lel, i'm trying to be objective anon, I can't actually prove they're fraud fucks
>>
"strength base" is obviously bullshit. the point of the novice routines is to quickly gain strength AND mass. even if they're "strength" routines you should still pack on significant muscle mass.

of course, I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually say you need to build a "strength base". the only times I've seen that claim is when people make posts on /fit/ about how building strength first is bullshit.
>>
>>38463540
Then dont do wrong things asshole
Do you know what could happen if you drive your car improperly? you could die or get paralyzed
Do you stop driving just because of that?
kys
>>
Reddit>/fit/
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 1565x119px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 1565x119px
>>38463596
>>
>>38463576
Strength base is most definitely not bullshit and you are quite misinformed my friend. The point of novice routines is to take advantage of "noob gains" and maximise progressive overload i.e. strength. A novice can easily add 2.5-5kg to each lift every workout whereas an intermediate may only progress on a weekly or fortnightly basis. This is what novice/intermediate routines cater towards.
>>
You actually do. I neglected core and my posterior chain and it has caused me lots of back pain. Learned from that mistake
>>
>>38463486

curious to see this

anyone?
>>
>>38463576
It's to pack on strength first and foremost.
The lifting range is and relative lack of activity not good for peak muscle mass building.

If you want something that has a good balance between mass and strength then pick up the reg park beginner bodybuilding routine.
>>
>>38463539
>Does it matter what my body looks like if I'm simply telling you a fact?

I don't know, do we need to give proof of our knowledge before people think we are qualified to give constructive criticism?
Yes. Yes we do. If you want us to jsut accept your critique of our methods back it up with stats and visible results. We have no reason to accept your word on faith otherwise.

Meanqhile, since we are not the sheep you seem to think we are, each of us into fitness has already tried and evaluated which methods work best on our own bodies, so we have no need for your preaching frankly.
>>
>>38463662
man I always forget to save the pic
hope anybody posts it, goal body desu
>>
>>38463662
it is a meme fucktard
>>
>>38463684

what the fuck does that even mean, I just want to see how he looks

>>38463683

thank you for your courtesy anon
>>
>>38463539
>I'll post my hair chunky calisthenics built dadbod
So you say you don't need a strength base to be aesthetic but you have neither the strength nor the aesthetics? Lmao into the trash this thread goes.
>>
>>38463698
he didn't actually do ss for 36 months otherwise he would be squatting 1080kg for 3x5
>>
>>38463667
Massive blob of text
No pic

I don't think you understand. I'm stating that on /fit/ people would scream "need a strength base" and "strength training is the best way to get aesthetics". Fuck the latter is being parroted around her RIGHT NOW.

I'm not even the guy you were talking too before. I'm just some guy who happened along and wanted to call you out on your bullshit.
>>
>you can't gain strength while doing a routine that trains all body parts equally and focuses on hypertrophy
- /fit/

>inb4 but muh strength routines are just so much better
whoever says that obviously doesn't lift and therefore has never seen people starting on splits and gaining good size in all the right places, and there's tons of those people
>>
>>38463664
>It's to pack on strength first and foremost.
yes, and strength depends on muscle mass. if you want to gain strength as fast as possible you need to pack on muscle mass quickly.

>pick up the reg park beginner bodybuilding routine.
it's almost exactly the same as the commonly recommended strength routines, dumbass. yeah, those added sets of wrist curls and calf raises will really make you swole as fuck.
>>
>>38463709

I've criticised Ripp a lot but at no point does he ever claim that the initial gains follow a linear pattern.
>>
>>38463716
>I just can't stop sucking dicks
- You
>>
if im a manlet, the only way i can make it is if i train for strength right?
>>
>>38463723
>Almost the exact same.

When it comes to lifting almost the exact same is the difference between an almond and a mountain.

>yes, and strength depends on muscle mass. if you want to gain strength as fast as possible you need to pack on muscle mass quickly.
The routines fucktarded on about here are about taking advantage of noob gains. Noobgains are all about teaching the cns how to lift well and gaining strength NOT from gaining musle but from perfecting form and teaching the body how to use the muscle it already has.

You can do this WITH A WORKOUT ROUTINE THAT IS CONCERNED WITH BUILDING PEAK MASS and strength endurance as well.
>>
>>38463715
>I'm stating that on /fit/ people would scream "need a strength base" and "strength training is the best way to get aesthetics".
But no one is telling that you fucking moron.
Well, okay, the "strength base" a little, but it's kind of fucking true. Keep lifting 3x15 sets of orange-colored 2lbs sumbells and we'll see how fucking aesthetic you get.
>>
File: 12.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>38463385
>There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to.

Why wouldn't you want to work the biggest muscle? furthermore why would you ditch two excellent workouts that completely work your whole body?

I find if i don't squat, i feel as my workout was a waste and i wasted my time.
>>
This idiotic myth perhaps has been perpetuated because Arnold did powerlifting before bodybuilding. Because by their reasoning anything Arnie did is the ultimate truth. Arnold is just like Jesus, he influenced the whole of Western and Eastern thinking.

Obviously not. You can work the quads better with leg presses than with squats. You isolate them, and work them to failure, not being limited by back strength and other ways of fatigue. The same goes for hamstrings and back extensors on the deadlift. It's better to isolate them.

And this is coming from a guy who does compound movements.
>>
OP does have a point....

Do you guys really think sprinters jog for 8 miles as part of their training?

No they sprint.....

If you want to lift heavy weights, then go a head and train from strength. Then you will need to Squat and D/L

If you want to bodybuild, then you really need to do a split. Anyone who says you can't make strength gains on a split is retarded.

Though, I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to D/L or Squat, there are plenty of other exercises you can do to strengthen the muscles that both those exercises engage.
>>
>>38463783
You're fucking retarded and what's worse you don't know why.

I'm going to hope no one here listens to you.
>>
>>38463813
Make them listen to your argument instead by proving me a fucking retard. Post a routine, psot your stats, post your progress pics.
>>
>>38463732
>hehe totally btfo'd :^) I didn't even need to prove he's wrong or anything like that. this is why I love this place and post here every day, unlike in real life where people stop taking you seriously if you just insult them
>>
>>38463783

>implying you can't add 5lbs to your routines to increase strength
>>
>>38463385
Couldn't agree anymore with OP. And you too can look like the men in the picture if you buy my 10-minutes-a-day-program.
>>
>>38463845
>Implying progressive overload is that simple
Not the anon you're replying to but I can tell you're dyel as fuck
>>
>>38463813
I've never understood why these hypertrophy fucks can't see both sides.

Nobody is preaching that you should walk in the gym, do one max rep of squat, and walk out. Although if you did that every week until you hit 500lbs, there is not doubt your legs would be big.

Why do you think sets of 12 will make you any bigger than sets of 5 or 8 or 3? You haven't stumbled upon some miracle fucking bodybuilding formula. It is about progressive overload.

And there is no argument that a "split" would be way better incorporating compound movements. That's just common sense.
>>
>>38463733
5'7 manlet here. Get mires all the time and I don't even train for hypertrophy. Mires for my looks aren't shit though, the best feeling is when you're about to deadlift 205kg and the whole gym stops what they're doing to watch you.
>>
>>38463869

>progressive overload is only possible with compound lifts

Jesus
>>
>>38463476
you dont need to barbell bench press for a big chest. you might as well only do pushups and use the pec deck machine.
>>38463874
>
Why do you think sets of 12 will make you any bigger than sets of 5 or 8 or 3? You haven't stumbled upon some miracle fucking bodybuilding formula. It is about progressive overload.
sarcoplasmatic vs fiber hypertrophy,look it up. its a well known fast 10 to 15 reps promote more hypertrophy than sets of 5. its backed by science and virtually all the serious athletic universities / personal training associations etc etc.even my physiotherapy book includes this fact.and its written by a well known and respected physiotherapist in my country who is also the pt for a european football team who has taken the european cup multiple times.
>>
>>38463874
See? This person doesn't fucking get it.
12 fucking reps compared to 3 or 5 is the difference between setting a new powerlifitng record and an inch on your arms and not setting a powerlifting record.

That you don't understand this only shows how ignorant you are.

And gear head workouts and power lifting workouts pimped here that proport to do everything from give people six inch arms to get them laid by everything they want is bullshit on a bun.
>>
>>38463709
>you will always add 5lbs forever
>you will never deload and work your way up back again then deload again
Retard
>>
>>38463904
>Implying that's what I was talking about
Dumb cunt. The point is, your knowledge of progression is obviously very limited if you think progressive overload is as easy as adding 5lb every time. Do you fucking know what plateaus are? Do you know the difference between novice, intermediate and advanced programs? It's all relative to rate of progression. Fucking dyels, educate yourself.
>>
SS fags who talk about 'linear' progression you should go kill yourselves.
progression in muscle building and strength IS NEVER LINEAR.
it is a downward slope,you get more gains on the first few months working out and they fade to miniscule within 2-3 years of steadily working out with a schedule.
you also literally dont need any compound lift to get big if you have lots of time to spare.
strength training and hypertrophy training are different and will lead to different results,even though both will give muscle mass and strength to some extent,just in different rations.

tldr SS/SL fags kys and stop shitting up the board
>>
>>38463540
>All it takes is being a retard and loading up more than you can lift safely because YOLO DAWG MAX OUT DAY BREH to severe your L5
The crazy thing about going up in 5 poon intervals when you fully complete a set is that you significantly lower your chances of snapping your shit up. But good luck with your lolleg day bruh. 40000 sets of leg press and lunges will surely get you big legs as a natty.
>>
>>38463385
You might not need a strength routine to be aesthetic, but to be aesthetic you need to be strong.

Everyone here who is saying otherwise is not only weak, but DYEL as fuck.

Also,
>No need to do deadlifts
>No need to do the number 1 mass building exercise
Just fucking kill yourself already OP. You're never going to make it, just end it already so we can stop falling for these bait threads.
>>
>>38464005
you are an idiot. 5 sets of squats,5 sets of lunges and 5 sets of calf raises are enough to build juicy legs.and you will never get an ACL tear or patellar tendonitis because you didn't squat 3pl8 like an idiot.
>>
>>38464003
It's called linear progression because you're adding weight to the bar every time you fucking mouth breather. Linear progression stops eventually, but you'd know that if you lifted.
>>
File: linear.png (36KB, 497x468px) Image search: [Google]
linear.png
36KB, 497x468px
>>38464023
do you even know what linear means you stupid american trash?
> linearity refers to a mathematical relationship or function that can be graphically represented as a straight line, as in two quantities that are directly proportional to each other
>>
strength base is bullshit for aesthetics
I've been lifting for 18 months now, I bb bench 135 x 10 (slow reps) and yesterday my mom told me I'm getting too buff
>>
>>38464020
>BRO I'LL GET BIG DOING 2pl8 SQUATS FOREVER I SWEAR
The only thing juicy if your boipussy.

> you will never get an ACL tear or patellar tendonitis because you didn't squat 3pl8 like an idiot.

hahhaha, yeah the chances are still there fuck face.

>not getting tendonitis from high rep squats
I can't wait to see you in 5 years telling dem der young kids that squats blow the knees out.
>>
>>38464050
>12 reps
>high reps
what a mongol
>>
>>38464003
>ctrl + F for 'linear progression'
>Only mentioned by one anon

What you meant to say is, progressive overload. Progressive overload is different to linear progression you stupid faggot. Also, you can't make decent muscle building gains without progressive overload.

>strength training and hypertrophy training are different and will lead to different results
Yeah you're right. On one hand you can be stuck benching sub 1pl8 for a year and looking like shit, or on the other you can be repping out 2pl8+ after a year and looking joocy as fuck.
>>
>>38463911
This is broscience. Study after study after study has found no correlation between reps per set and hypertrophy gains. It is exclusively a question of volume.

Read the sticky.
>>
>>38463651
This desu
Lifting should be all about correcting muscular imbalances and posture issues
If you don't have a balanced base, you shouldn't do anything too quickly
>>
>>38464023
>linear progression because you're adding weight to the bar every time
strong math redefining
>>
>>38464045
ok, now add the same amount of weight the bar every time you do the exercise and plot the weight lifted vs time. what do you think that graph will look like?
>>
>>38464045
>z axis
weight
>x axis
time lifting
thanks, that graph shows the first months of following a routine based on linear progression
>>
>>38464045
You fucking idiot. If you graphed time and weight on the axis if would be a linear increasing graph. It's a linear increase over time. Similar to how your posts and fucking retarded show a linear increase.
>>
File: 1412125821916.jpg (160KB, 523x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412125821916.jpg
160KB, 523x720px
>>38464045
>3rd world education system in action
>>
>>38463385
>posting roider
>expect noobs could achieve this body in 6 months just because he jumps onto bro split curl circle instead of good program
Hide the thread everyone
>>
File: 1472229337437.png (32KB, 497x468px) Image search: [Google]
1472229337437.png
32KB, 497x468px
>>38464045
Yes, you can see the linear progression of weight and time, hence linear progression.

>tfw you haven't gotten your semen rations from america so all logic and reasoning breaks down you prove the american right
>>
you are all retards for thinking you need to lift heavy to get big.jay cutler squats 60-100kg and he is a beast.
if anything,you only need volume,little rest between sets,a good diet,and if you want to get huge, steroids.
>>
>>38464120
>Jay Cutler
We aren't talking about steroid users. Pls put the Men's Health down.
>>
>you need to bench big for a big chest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slkh01aKxvE
KEK
>>
>>38464050

you WILL get big legs if you squat 225 for 3x12. You won't get tumor legs, but you will get big, proportioned, and athletic legs
>>
>>38464138
Oh, now I get it. You're a fucking DYEL, you think anything looks big with your Mom eyes.
>>
>>38464120
I think it's time you kill yourself
>>
>>38464138
Post your body already cunt so we can all laugh at you.
>>
>>38464005
>>38463581

Plenty of top level lifters have snapped their shit up and their form was fine.

Eg. Pete Rubish, Tom Martin, Layne Norton etc
>>
>>38464193
The only way you snap your shit is over stress, bad form, or bad diet. If you are good on all three, you will never snap.
>>
>>38464016

I deadlift 4 plate for reps and look like shit compared to all the bros who don't.

They are also extremely taxing and the energy required would be better used doing lots of other exercises.
>>
>>38464209
Aesthetics and strength exist in separate realms for the extremes, friendo.
>>
>>38463835
No.
You powerlifting fags who've taken over the board should post your goddamned pics and stats.
The only thing I've seen of you all is that abysmal fucking /fit/ meetup and all of them were on SS and various beginner routines.
>>
>>38464193
Yes, top level lifters have to actually compete so they need to push
If you lift to progress and take it cool like guy above who replied to you suggests you probably wont snap

There is risk to everything we do, people have pulled ab muscles while swimming for gods sake
>>
hurr durr yeah all i need to do is some curls n shit brah to look like those joocy natty lifters in your pic OP
>>
>>38464209
4pl8 is pretty light m8. How much do you squat?

>>38464216
His deadlift isn't an extreme weight you weak fuck
>>
>>38463967
Using the terminology that you barely understand too look like you do is bad.

Stop it.

You, as a natural, will never gain strength for fucking ever. You will reach a peak where babbys first powerlifitng routine will stop working and you will be shit out of luck and have no fucking idea what to do.

You will not know how to gain mass, you will not know how to workout outside of those few lifts, and you will definitely not know anything about how your body can function in various ways outside of that lifting routine.

>>38463975
It is that simple.
Because that's exactly what's advocated in SS and other programs of the type.

You've not said why it wouldnt' work, you've only spouted out the problems that arise in any and all workout programs for natural people who seek progress.
>>
>>38464255
>you weak fuck
how many pullups can you do,strongfriend?
if you do less than 15 dead hang pullups you have weak lats and you're obese.
>>
>Deadlifts are the best mass builder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5yLam1SFs
>>
>>38464077
Will go up for a short while, then will flatline then will go up again depending on how you approach that flatline, then after a while, once you're used to lifting heavy and you've put on JUST ENOUGH muscle to make the routine you're doing easy that upward slope will drop so dramatically that it will look like a flatline.
>>
>>38464020
>thinks 3pl8 is heavy

Most novices on a decent program will safely squat 3pl8 within about six months of first putting a barbell on their back.
>>
>>38464257
Read >>38463627. It isn't that simple because you will reach a point where you just cannot add 5lbs without failing a set. How stupid are you?

>>38464270
I've worked up to 5 consecutive muscle ups so far in the past few weeks, which I'm pretty proud of. Can do 20+ reps normal pullups or about 25kg 5x5 weighted. I also max out a 220kg deadlift. Your turn, post your stats.
>>
>>38463385
Please post a body pic of yourself
>>
>>38464270
>this is what people who weigh 135lbs actually believe
>>
>Your turn, post your stats.
25 pullups with 20kg added
200kgx10 bench press
300kg x10 squat
350kgx5 deadlift
50kg db curls
10 strict muscle ups
weakling
>>
>>38464270
How much weight can you hoist over your head without using your legs. If it's less than lmao 1pl8 you're a joke and an otter.
>>
>>38464366
>those e-stats though
Yeah bro I did a backflip in my Maserati just to drive to the library from the gym after doing 800lbs 12 rep sets of diddlies to tell you that you're a faggot and post time stamped pictures with that elite lifter stats.
>>
>>38464366

never lifted a day in your life confirmed kek
>>
File: red.png (87KB, 321x308px) Image search: [Google]
red.png
87KB, 321x308px
>>38463539
>>38463715
>>38464257
>>38463911
still no pic.
OP confirmed for fat virgin med student who only picks up a fork

>>38464045
and here, ladies and gentleman, I give you American education!

>THIS WHOLE THREAD
I'm chuckling
>>
>>38464370
1pl8 for 5,strict tho no push press shit
>>
>>38464366

well I do
60 pullups with 80kg added
320kg x 20 bench
460kg x 20 squat
580kg x 16 deadlift
200kg db curls
50 strict 60kg weighted muscle ups

fuckin weakling
>>
>>38464388
>calls someone american trash
>american education
u wot m8
>>
>>38464366
>He's that mad he has to post e-stats
Hypertrophy dyels getting btfo'd
>>
>>38464402
didnt notice
still no pic, autismo
>>
>>38464063
>He does more than 12 reps at most
Why don't you just jog if you want to do cardio, retard.
>>
File: cbt.png (350KB, 854x469px) Image search: [Google]
cbt.png
350KB, 854x469px
guys lets all just post our routines,weight,height and body pics.we're all anonymous and friends in here.no need to argue with eachother.
i start,im on a strength routine (5x5 ICF lifting heavy for 10+ years, i think my photo shows this since i've gotten very big and aesthetic (you need to lift big to get big)
rate pls
>>
>>38464457
HEMINGWAY MUH BOI
>>
>>38464045
>tfw you get BTFO so bad you just stop responding
GG faggot
>>
>>38464388
Still no pics from the supposedly swole as fuck powerlifters of /fit/.
>>
>>38463385
You may be right, i imagine it differs depending on the body type. Since i am a skelly fag, i found i could not gain good muscle unless i did squat/deadlits. Once i started doing that, and gaining muscle, i could then add on other shit for aesthetics.
>>
>>38464497
lel you're bad at this
>>
>>38464497
see>>38464457
>>
File: Suckyourselffaggot.png (19KB, 724x552px) Image search: [Google]
Suckyourselffaggot.png
19KB, 724x552px
>>38463385

No need to deadlift?
>>
>there are people who have unironically deluded themselves into thinking squats are fun or necessary

Eurofaggots everyone
>>
File: 1471969835299.jpg (37KB, 425x748px) Image search: [Google]
1471969835299.jpg
37KB, 425x748px
>>38464538
>there are people who have unironically deluded themselves into thinking squats are fun or necessary

Being a faggot isn't much fun either, but that hasn't stopped you.
>>
>>38464322
That's what you people mean when they say progressive overload.
You add more weight.

They say that is the ONLY THING that is needed. That is the entire goddamend point of this thread
The insistence that the only thing that's needed for mass is lifting heavier weight.
Your insistence that it doesn't work like that when they say you only need to add 5 more pounds each time to their brosplit totals doesn't wash.
>>
>>38464457
>>38464524
Blaha is a hypertrophy fag. He openly admitted that his strength is nowhere near where it needs to be for his size.

HYPERTROPHY DYELS GETTING BTFO'D
>>
>>38464584
Progressive overload is adding more weight, yes. Linear progression is adding more weight EVERY TIME, which I'm saying will eventually stop, or plateau. Linear progression may have stopped or slowed down but there are still methods of training you can use to continue progressive overload.
>>
>>38464588
He's a powerlifter/strongman with a shit body you faggot.
He's not about hypertrohy at all.

>>38464522
No seriously. Let's see these natty swole /fit/ powerlifters guys.
You threw down the gauntlet, lets see what you have.
>>
File: IMG_20160812_184027_1.jpg (52KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160812_184027_1.jpg
52KB, 720x720px
You hypertrophy Mongols are supposed to focus on improving strength on key lifts, while adding volume and then strength to accessories second.
Train so you're hitting all your muscles 2x a week, and just add in the right volume you can handle to be able to recover
>>
>>38464688
you're moving the goalposts in a pathetic manner
>make dumb and incendiary claim
>get asked to post pic of body
>doesnt, says it's not of importance
>[some more shitposting]
>"well let's see you guys' pics, uh?"
this is some low level shitposting my friend fatso
>>
>>38464688
A powerlifter that can't bench 360 at 220lb? Nah mate, he's just a failed fat hypertrophy faggot that decided to say he's a powerlifter to excuse the fact that he's fat as fuck. It's quite common actually.
>>
>>38464688
Go visit /plg/ then you fucking moron, you'd be fucking surprised how joocy some of those faggots are.
>>
>hypertrophy routine followers
jeff seid,h4k,jason statham,ronaldo,klokov (he does crossfit for the last years)
>strength routine followers
jason blaha,ilya,candito

we all know who fucks the bitches and who's a fat slob
>>
>>38464775

Imagine how good they would look then with a hypertrophy routine.
>>
File: squays.png (51KB, 783x295px) Image search: [Google]
squays.png
51KB, 783x295px
>>
>>38464785
Klokov trains for strength you stupid fuck. Good job on contradicting your own post.

>>38464787
They look good because they are strong. Keeping benching your sub1pl8 though, i'm sure you'll look better than them in no time :')
>>
>>38464825
you seriously think the ugly PLGers like isley,boardshorts and cheeky look good?
cheeky looks like shit and she was on roids too.
>>
>>38464845
Have you seen isley lean? Have you fucking seen bodorio? You're fucking delusional if you think they don't look better than the dyels the "hypertrophy only" mentality breeds.
>>
>>38463462
size gains on aas w/o gym > size gains training your ass off natty

scientifically proven, go poke around for the study
>>
>>38464902
>i saw one study that claimed weight increased on untrained individuals
>therefore there were zero flaws in the study and it's absolutely proven that muscle increases more, not that the people on drugs retained more water or that the system they used was flawed at all
>>
This thread is an amazing testament to how deeply ingrained the bullshit the fitness industry pushed is with people. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise, any 24 hour gym hundreds of natty DYELs shaking around dumbbells and doing cable crossovers constantly while still looking like a 12 year old boy.
>>
>>38463385
>Be me
>Training for 2 years doing a brosplit, hypertrophy 8-12 reps etc.
>Make ok gains, the weight I was lifting barely increased

>Switch to a strength routine
>Canditos 6wp, then Texas Method, then an upper/lower routine
>My numbers and gains absolutely blow up
>More gains in 6 months doing strength then 2 years of hypertrophy
>2 years now, feel fucking great

I've seen the light anons. People like OP are just like the old me, DYEL as fuck.
>>
>>38463385
>There is also absolutely no fucking need to squat and deadlift if you don't want to
>if you don't want to
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>38464731
I'm sorry, but, 1 /fit/ was littered with shills saying shit like needing a fucking strength base, and squats build big arms and other insane fucking garbage that would get you laughed out of any fucking gym on the planet.

Secondly, you're the one that threw down the "show me your results" gauntlet. Earlier on I said I'd post a timestamped pic I heard FUCK ALL from you guys.

Your'e full of shit.

>>38464736
That he sucks at it doesn't make him NOT a powerlifter you fucking assclown. Results does not change his intention.

He's a fat self proclaimed powerlifter.

>>38464775
You can do any dumb motherfucking thing and put on mass you stupid bitch. I'm talking about the natty so called powerlifting /fit/ guys in this fucking thread. Post some timestamped fucking pics. Put up or shut up.

Put your money where
>>
>>38465071
>still no pics doe
Show us what a self proclaimed hypertrophy lifter looks like famalam.
>>
>>38465165
I'm sorry, I offered to show my body after you show yours. I've posted here before.
I'll post my chunky hairy calisthenics built dadbod with a timestamp and the thread post number.
You have to post your pic with timestamp first.
I'm dead serious.
>>
>>38465071
>You can do any dumb motherfucking thing and put on mass you stupid bitch
No you can't. Typical uneducated dyel faggot.
>>
>>38465190
>Says hypertrophy is all you need
>He looks like shit
Riiiiight like we would listen to some "built" fat fuck KEK
>>
>>38464680
And that has nothing to do with anything.
If all it takes to get more mass is to put more weight on the bar, then wouldn't the normal split where they add more weight each time produce MORE mass then a purely strength based lifting program?

Explain why not.

>>38465559
If you are on steroids you can do nothing and put on muscle mass. This is a fact.
The type of workout you do once you are on steroids does not matter if all you want is to put on muscle mass.
This is fact.

>>38465572
I'm sorry. When did I say that?
And are you going to show me up with that impressive build you built from your powerlifting routine?
>>
>>38465801
That has everything to do with it you stupid fuck. Let me make it clear for your dumb ass. YOU WILL PLATEAU ON A BROSPLIT. Look up what plateau means if you don't know it's definition.

Also, no one mentioned steroids you faggot, most people on /plg/ are natty anyways.
>>
File: 1452563458008.jpg (52KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1452563458008.jpg
52KB, 500x377px
>mfw no one has posted their physique yet

>mfw neither have I
>>
>>38466434
You will plateau on a strength training program if you don't approach it intelligently as well.

Why do you fucking believe that a "brosplit" won't follow the exact fucking same protocols as the strength training and powerlifting workouts?

This is because you're fucking ignorant of all workouts except ss isn't it?
I've been arguing with a fucking noob with less then two months, if that, of lifting under his or her belt who doesn't know shit about shit.
>>
>>38466765
You've clearly never been on a strength training program because they're exactly designed to avoid this. It's also obvious you don't know what these protocols are since you think a brosplit can incorporate them.

>I've been arguing with a fucking noob with less then two months, if that, of lifting under his
Nice projecting you weak fuck. Get your dadbod out of here and stop posting.
>>
>>38463385
I just add accessories to GSLP. 3 times a week is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>38466847
Are you actually stating that you will never plateau on a strength training program no matter what or who is doing it?

Is that what you're saying?
Is that your argument?

You've exposed yourself as a fucking idiot who's mindlessly parroting bullshit they barely fucking comprehend.

You should stop posting now.
>>
>>38466918
No, i'm saying a strength program is designed around progressive overload while minimising plateauing. If you've plateaued on a strength routine, no matter what protocols you do, then it's time to move from a novice program, to an intermediate, intermediate to an advanced etc.

Literally read the posts in this thread you fucking nigger
>>
>>38466918
Why are you trying to argue with anons when you yourself admitted you have a shit body?
>>
>>38466918
>shit body
>doesn't understand basic training principles
>advocating hypertrophy
You seem like a fantastic source of information.
>>
>>38466765
If you're advocating hypertrophy, then you won't bother to break through plateaus because you don't care about the numbers to begin with you contradicting sperg.
>>
>>38464207
or an imbalance, either the one you were born with or the one you got while lifting

how about you kys
>>
>>38463407
>All people say is that increasing weights aka linear overload is the best way to gain muscle mass for natties.
how does that go against anything OP said?
no strength base or squats/deadlifts are required to go to a gym and increase gains
>>
>>38463385
Cool thread Mr. Autismo.
>>
File: new zyzz.jpg (60KB, 373x1074px) Image search: [Google]
new zyzz.jpg
60KB, 373x1074px
when people tell i'm a fatfuck after doing starting strength for 8 months i just let them know my strength base is built and that i'm potentially aesthetic. all i needed to do was hop on a split and in about two months i'd be basically zyzz
>>
>>38467265
Because you will eventually stall doing your once-a-week 8-12 rep 20kg dumb bell press . Not to mention there is a reason why squats and deadlifts are in the big 3, they are the biggest mass building exercise + the strength you get from these lifts carry over into almost every exercise.

You dyels need to leave /fit/ already.
>>
>>38467347
>they are the biggest mass building exercise
yes, in legs.
>>
>>38467377
legs are a 3rd of your body
>>
>>38467377
They activate the most muscles you retard, there's a lot more involved in a squat and deadlift than just your legs.

I reiterate, all you dyels need to leave /fit/ already.
>>
>>38464317
Stop memeing, 3pl8 is easily attainable with some training but not in 6 months
>>
>>38467414
but are they useful for activating my almonds?
>>
Hypertrophy fags getting btfo'd by their hypertrophy king.
>>
>>38467448
Resorting to memes as damage control. Nice.
>>
TALK SHIT POST SPLIT, NIGGA
>>
>>38467431
i've gona from skelly squatting 50kg to 3 pl8 for 3x5 in about 6 months
>>
>>38467481
i'm not the anon you responded to, and i agree with you, but the phrase 'activate the most muscles' sounds brosciencey as shit
>>
File: compounds.jpg (213KB, 1080x1308px) Image search: [Google]
compounds.jpg
213KB, 1080x1308px
>>
>>38467663
and last but not least

Steroids
>>
File: compounds 2.jpg (195KB, 832x1125px) Image search: [Google]
compounds 2.jpg
195KB, 832x1125px
>>38467703
No, he just didn't follow a brosplit
>>
>>38463385

Stop saying "aesthetics"

Agree about compound movements though, got more results from other exercises
>>
>>38467526
Lol, should've said "uses the most muscles" instead
>>
>>38467752
I bet you look like shit. It's normal for people that only do isolations.
>>
>>38467663
That's me you fucktard and i never did a "strength routine"
you can see that by the fact that i'm not a fat fuck
>>
>>38463511
Super inefficient. If you do them right you have too much downtime. Do lighter exercises and you can lift a lot more often.
>>
>>38467767
Bet you're a muslim
>>
File: spaggethipockets.gif (1MB, 360x260px)
spaggethipockets.gif
1MB, 360x260px
>>38467788
Wasting dubs on this shit. Just stop.
>>
>>38467828
You sound fat
>>
>>38467663
>>38467711
Then what would be a good routine to follow? Atm I'm on Lyle Macdonald's generic bulking routine
>>
>>38467822
I'm about as muslim as you are big. Not at all.
>>
>>38467788
>Too much downtime
t. unfit fat fuck/dyel
>>
>>38467933
You're arguing that natty lifters don't need a lot of recovering after heavy squats and deadlifts? Lol.
>>
>>38467933
So you can squat 4+ plate without resting 3-5+ minutes between sets ?

Fuck off dyel.
>>
>>38467925
Lol "big". Are you 13, or one of those 40+ synthol bros with tribal tattoos?
>>
>>38467950
Your body and CNS adapt m8

>>38467961
I can't squat that much but when I'm deadlifting (210kg 3x5), yeah I only rest about that much. If you need around 10 minutes to recover to be able to hit the same weight then you might need to take it down a bit. It bites you in the ass in the long run.
>>
>>38464115
Time on the y-axis triggers me, bro. We're Americans, don't take the easy way out by just adding in the text.
>>
>>38467986
What is this dyel going on about?
>>
>>38466496
> Dexter
> Zyzz in place of Einstein.
Saved, anon.
>>
At some point in your training you'll need to do both strength training and hypertrophy if you want to be big or strong.
>>
>>38463521
Your form is shit, stop making excuses
>>
>>38463385
Unless you're on steroids of have outstanding genetics.. you will have a very difficult time making real progress without focusing soley on strength aquisition early on.

It's simple: you being an expert and all should know that volume drives growth.

>Weight X Reps X Sets

You can only increase your reps so much until you leave the hypertrophy range. Your physiology can only handle so many sets. The variable that can forever be increased and improved is the weight variable. How do you up the weight? You focus on getting stronger.

Newbies taking their bench from 135x5 to 225x5 learn this basic concept very quickly when they go to dyel to having a decent looking upper body.
>>
>Its a /fit/ thinks it matters at all episode
Just fo whatever you want you fucks
>>
>>38467414
The fucking power clean uses the most muscles.
AKA ALL OF THEM

That's why it's the main exercise in "The strongest shall survive" you know the routine rippletoe ripped off?
>>
>>38467786
Post a timestamped pic you lying faggot.
>>
>>38463385
You don't need a strength base, you are correct. Also deadlifts are absolutely not necessary, I see no reason to not squat though
>>
>/fit/ unironically believes increasing lifts on low repd is better than increasing lifts on mid range reps
Fuck off you autistic cunts.
>>
>>38470050
rep range doesn't matter faggot, it's about gaining strength as quickly as possible without stalling, which you're more likely to do doing your mid range reps. Stay dyel though.
>>
>>38470010
Powercleans won't build mass after a certain point because they employ a smaller part of your total strength quickly. They're excellent for sports conditioning though and subbing them for anything is a bad idea.

Also you do realise that Bill Starr and Rippletits were like bffs right?
>>
>>38463874
Let's take rows as an example.

If you can do 5 reps with 80kg you will be able to do 10 reps with 60kg. 5x5x80 is 2000kg. 5x10x60 is 3000kg. If you are doing the 5x5 the way it should be, those rows would have destroyed you, while the guy doing 5x10 would still have energy to do T-bar rows, dumbell rows, chins and some machine work.

The bros are simply outworking you.
>>
>>38471756
No it's not.
And even Rippletoe fucking says you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>38472040
As an addendum - there is no reason to think that strength-focused routines won't build aesthetics, provided you choose your exercises carefully and know how to load up the volume. Expecting a beginner routine to make you into an Adonis is dumb. What's even dumber is that people stay on these things for far too long, instead of getting on with their lives.
>>
>>38472063

The big thing is, if you're intent on going the low-rep route, you simply have to arrange shit differently to the guy working light because the stressors are different.

You can't handle as many exercises on a bodypart per session, because the heavy shit tends to run you into the ground if you try, but you aren't going to be getting as sore or as burned out from each session so you can potentially handle doing similar movements three or four times per week. Make up the volume with frequency.

Or just go with a hybrid approach. Pretty much everything works if you can bring the volume and recover from it.
>>
The aesthetic result as a newbie has everything to do with nutrition and a lot less to do with training style.

If you get stronger and eat well, you will put on mass. If you get stronger and eat smart, your muscle gains may be a bit less but your fat gains will be negligible.
>>
>>38472099
The Anon you are responding to.

That's where periodisation comes into play. When I start hitting the 85%-90% my assistance becomes minimal if non-existant.
>>
>>38472285

Interesting. I find my assistance work actually tends to go up when I'm moving into the 85-90% range and then divebombs once I start poking above 90%/peaking for comp. Presumably because the overall volume on the main lifts is coming down from the higher percentage but I'm not yet operating at high enough intensity where I absolutely need the recovery.

Does depend on your exact sort of periodization though. And holy fuck are there a lot of ways to do that.
>>
>>38467087
Believe it or not, a hypertrophy routine isn't the same as the flex magazine bro-splits. Powerlifters and bodybuilders have similar training but one focuses on strength and needs hypertrophy to accomplish this, while the other focuses on hypetrophy and uses strength to accomplish that.
>>
>>38472311
Yeah - the point is there are a number of ways to do it. Me dropping the assistance has more to do with me being paranoid than anything else hahaha.

If you look at the way Sheiko does things - he just halves the volume and you are already doing high volume to begin with. The guys over at Juggernaut Training just ramp up the specificity, while Westside boys and Cody just do what they are usually doing.
>>
>>38463385
>6 months off from /fit/
>come back
>faggots still arguing the same pointless shit and fling shit at each other

I hate this place
>>
>>38472356

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that pre-comp the Westside guys generally start getting more specific - bringing in the ME lifts they know help most (and/or using gear for the ME sessions if they're competing equipped), moving back to proven RE approaches and shifting more towards the DE stuff that's closest to the comp lifts (especially if they're geared, where they might be ramping up the accommodating resistance seriously to be more like an equipped comp lift in terms of weight at the top).

Same general intensity/volume, just getting specific through movements rather than sets and reps. Which kind of is the general westside approach.
>>
>>38472470
Could be. There is no single way to do Westside.
>>
File: ssexplanation.jpg (312KB, 1317x644px)
ssexplanation.jpg
312KB, 1317x644px
>>38463385
How many times are we going to have this bait thread?
>>
>>38472060
>No it's not
Prove me wrong then you gay cunt
>>
>>38473192
As long as dyels browse this board, this topic will always come up
>>
>>38473192
That post is mostly correct but it seems to neglect the fact that novices DO make meaningful hypertrophic gains doing a program like SS.

Neurological adaptation is only part of it. It's a BIG part of it, but it's only part of it.

A novice's body adapts EXTREMELY quickly to the presence of the stress of lifting at high intensity, because it doesn't take much of a load to freak the body out. That means neurological efficiency, myofibril size, and sarcoplasmic size all start increasing at once when a non-lifter starts lifting.

That's true regardless of their program. However, those initial adaptations will cease fairly quickly unless you're actively encouraging them to continue by adding weight, because the body won't need to adapt further to handle what it can already do.

For instance, once you can squat 100kg for 3 sets of 5, squatting 100kg for 3 sets of 5 will cease to elicit any new muscular or neural adaptations. It'll give you a pump and it'll maintain you where you are, but it won't drive you to get stronger or bigger. Squatting 100 for 5x5 might cause a small adaptation, but not near as much as doing 102 for 3x5.

If you don't follow a linear progression program like SS or Greyskull (I'd recommend SS because it's honestly more logical and scalable) for AS LONG AS YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN, you're leaving hypertrophic gains on the table that you won't easily get from any other kind of routine.
>>
>>38473975
The biggest problem with noobs is the fact that they can't set up their own training. A noob benefits more from a program that has assistance exercises such as dumbells, machines, GM and FS rather than just the Big 3 and other compounds.

I don't have the science to back it up - just experience. We've had guys do LPs and a simple periodisation. After 3 months the guys doing the periodisation had slightly better results which I chalk down to better form. After 6 months they had drastically better results because they had more muscle mass in their movers.

I understand this is not always possible but a beginner doing something with more variety and correct assistance will be better off.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.