[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAKING NEWS: Dieting does NOT work https://www.ted.com/ta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

BREAKING NEWS: Dieting does NOT work

https://www.ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work?language=en#t-19098

Discuss
>>
Guess I better return all my gains then
>>
I'm hoping people buy into this so I will become stronger and better and they will all just give up.
>>
you guys dont see what this is?

this here is ACTUAL proof that we are superior in every way

other people dont have the drive, willpower, or just plain anger to overcome something as basic as changing your body so they make up retarded excuses like 'm-muh genetics' or 'dieting doesnt work'

WE are the progenitor race
>>
>>38460143
>scam "study" by a fat apologist
kek
>>
>>38460143
Well, to be fair, most of the stupid shit that fal under "diet" for the normalshit society really does not work. It's kinda like saying "excersise does not usually build a decent amount of muscle" while thinking of zumba.
>>
>>38460174
Yes seriously I'm the worst dyel but people irl tell me I look good. I fucking don't, not even close. I'm a skinny fat nerd. Fat people make not fat people so rare that being just 2 months into a routine is setting me apart. Can't wait till I'm 2 years in to my routine. I'll still be a dyel pos but people will probably think otherwise.
>>
Ted became garbage years ago.
I'll admit a lot of the technology they were talking about used to be interesting but now it's evolved into a bunch of assholes pushing their own bullshit agendas.

Don't even get me started on Tedx
>>
>>38460219
Seriously, what talks have come out of TED for ages
>>
File: 1470609578642.jpg (618KB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1470609578642.jpg
618KB, 1201x884px
>>38460195
Just makes me so mad seeing people so incapable of sticking to a routine and eating healthy and tries it for a week, a month, and expects results. Fuck those people, none are doctors or teachers even and should never pass on their shitty personal anectodes as fact.
>>
>>38460248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
There was this masterpiece
>>
If dieting doesn't work, ur not doin it right
>>
>>38460143
>usually
well she is right.
>>
>>38460143
does she mean 'dieting' in the context of a **temporary** change to what one eats?
>>
>>38460143
That's correct.

Most diets are created with the idea that they'll only last a week at most, so most of their apparent success is just the body holding less water than usual since even a shitty diet is still a lot cleaner than shitty american eating.

What works is lifestyle changes that last forever. If you only eat less for a few months and then go back to eating like before, you will get all your fat back, it's inevitable. You have to consistently eat less for the rest of your life if you want to be lighter than you currently are.

I'm not gonig to click the link though, I'm sure she's just a hambeast supporter who's going to talk about "SET POINTS" and stupid shit like that.
>>
I guess I didn't lose 10 pounds in high-school from just not drinking soda and I'm just imagining it.

Or I'm imagining going from skinny fat to otter to athletic. Oh well,I love my imagination I guess.
>>
>>38460143
>neuroscientist Sandra Aamodt uses her personal story
>personal story
Yeah better give a talk about your own anecdotes
>>
>>38460143
Holy shit, Robin Williams had a sex-change? I thought he died.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.