[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I achieve gains on a WIC diet? This is a two week allowance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: bearmodegetschicks.jpg (43KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
bearmodegetschicks.jpg
43KB, 500x750px
Can I achieve gains on a WIC diet?

This is a two week allowance of food:

- 2.5 gallons of cow milk or soy milk
- 36 oz of plain breakfast cereal OR dried beans or lentils
- 16 oz peanut butter
- 16 oz government cheese
- 10 x 12oz cans of frozen orange or grapefruit juice

I have a PT neighbors run the local neighborhood gym and physiotherapy clinic, and they allow me unlimited use in exchange for doing cleaning/laundry. So there is no limits on training time, just calories and nutrition. I also get free prenatal vitamins from a church program.

I am super scrawny and weak, recovering from an MVA that left me unable to walk for several months. I have a lot of muscle atrophy. Now that I am back on my feet, I want to gain as much muscle as possible before popping this baby out in six months.
>>
Sorry, having a bit of trouble with autocorrect. I meant to say that my neighbors own a gym and PT clinic, and allow me use of it.
>>
Go to food bank negro
>>
>>38446208

1.) yes, yes, your wit is scathing, your discourse fresh and original. Bravo.

2.) I am white and poor, so you can switch to the cracker/redneck/trailer trash stereotypes and jokes now

3.) There is a local food bank, but availability of supplies is unpredictable and inconsistent. I have to call for a reservation, and food is distributed by zip code, those closest to the food bank get first dibs. I live an hour away, so I might get a box of groceries once every three months, if I am lucky. Most months I miss out.

I also hit up church suppers, work in the community garden in exchange for produce, etc, but none of these are a guarantee.

For planning my meals, WIC is my only solid and reliable source of food.
>>
>>38446012
- 2.5 gallons of cow milk or soy milk
Don't touch the soy, cow milk and soy milk are not comparable
>>
>>38446266
id phase out cereal completely and the juices, any way you could replace the juice with some sort of fatty replacement?
>>
>>38446353

Thank you. That is helpful.
>>
>>38446353
This, Stick to cow milk. The rest is top tier macros. Don't skip the orange juice because of the vitamins but also the calcium. You need some veggies for micros tho, even besides those vitamins.

You shouldn't work out without supervision. Period. You need to start walking at least 3 miles a day. At an easy pace. Just walk it.

Ask me anything. About to add a member to the family.
>>
>>38446371

The only thing I am allowed to sub is dried beans for cereal.

I can get whole milk as part of my milk allowance, that could add fat calories.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and probably couldn't finish off half that juice allowance. I can donate the juice back to the program if I don't plan on using it.
>>
>>38446409
oh ok then stick to beans and lentils they will be much more beneficial for your diet. how are you working out on such a low income. hitting up a community center or something? im guessing your under 150lbs if you had mva, with this diet you will gain mass
>>
Assuming you're amerifat, fuck WIC. Apply for SNAP benefits if you're expecting. Problem solved
>>
>>38446403

Thanks, anon.

My PT friend is willing to help me with workouts. I always check in with her about form and safety before I try something new. My history of injuries complicate workouts anyway, so I am always careful about that.

I am excited about walking again Thank you for the 3 mi + goal. That gives me something to focus on. Before the accident I walked just about everywhere, got in 5-6 mi a day. Now I am trying to work my way back up, gradually.

What veggies do you recommend? Most nutritional bang for my buck, so to speak?

What have your routine been like during pregnancy?
>>
>>38446432

I work (cleaning) in exchange for gym access. It is an independent neighborhood place, so I cut a deal with the owners.
>>
>>38446442
broccoli, kale, spinach, dark leafy greens. broccoli will prob be best bang for buck
>>
>>38446442
>What veggies do you recommend? Most nutritional bang for my buck, so to speak?
Think colors. Whatever you can afford that is colorfull. Color means different vitamins and micros. You can't afford spinach? Well get kale. Can't afford squash? Get carrots. Can't afford berries? Get beets or red cabbage. Different colors actually mean different vit and micros. You don't like them? Well fuck it. You are in this ship now. Search youtube and learn how to cook them.

>What have your routine been like during pregnancy?
I'm not pregnant, but my so is. And I got on board since minute 1. Walking at an easy pace at least 3 miles a day. First 3 months was 6 miles. Now it's 1.5 at a joke pace. I'ts about to.

Keep asking or make a new thread if I'm not here to answer you. And keep making them. I really really want to help you anon.
>>
>>38446353

>cow milk and soy milk are not comparable

Yep. Soy milk is a wholesome drink made from ground and filtered beans, cow's milk is the pus-filled liquid that seeps out of a cow's dicknipples after it gives birth. Not comparable.
>>
>>38446469
>>38446491

Thanks, anons. This means a lot. I am really trying to do this right.

I'm headed off to get some sleep, but I'll check in tomorrow and later in the week.
>>
>>38446491

Also, congratulations. :)
>>
>>38446521
Tx. Keep posting or making threads. I'll share with you what I know and my experiences on this trip. The best to you breh.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.