[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No matter how much I lift, I will never be strong enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: satou-11.jpg (39KB, 696x337px) Image search: [Google]
satou-11.jpg
39KB, 696x337px
No matter how much I lift, I will never be strong enough to lift depression
>>
just stop being a faggot brah
>>
>>38441732
Its hard. ;_;
>>
>>38441710

Started smoking weed after workouts and the depression is 90% gone now. Shit is pretty decent when youre always low and just need some positive vibes and thoughts.
>>
File: 1450551983500.jpg (249KB, 740x980px) Image search: [Google]
1450551983500.jpg
249KB, 740x980px
>Get on antidepressants
>Worked well for a bit, eating less and more energy to work out
>Dropped 10 lbs in a month from that combo
>Get on higher doses
>Appetite is insane
>No energy to workout
>No OCD and depression though
>Get tired of it and switch to more energetic AD's
>weigh myself for the first time since October today
>Gained 70 lbs

Fucking shoot me please. I hate how apathetic to my physical fitness those pills made me feel
>>
>>38441710
>>38442064

Meditate.

Try the Headspace smartphone app.

Simplistic and user friendly. A great method to get the hang of meditating without any religious or spiritual agenda to it. If you're open for any spiritual searching I'd recommend listening to Alan Watt's Zen Buddhism audio lectures. Real fun to listen to before going to bed, when you're doing the dishes, walking to work etc.

For me weed didn't work out too good, it got me nervous and halted my productivity. I also drank a lot. I've been sober for about 3 years now. Meditating and working out has helped me live a happy life after having dealt with depression for a long time.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>38442128
Stop taking the jew pill. Beta blockers are fucking trash and make you into an emotionless husk, so yeah you're maybe not as sad but you are never happy. A life on hormonal pill blockers is a fucking empty life.
>>
>>38442229
I don't plan on staying on them forever. Went through a rough patch of depression but now I think I am getting over it.
>>
File: sdfghsdfh.jpg (38KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
sdfghsdfh.jpg
38KB, 360x240px
>>38442248
Throw that shit out FUCKING NOW. Those kinds of pills prevent you from seeing and hearing beauty in this world. being on pills is like living in a shell, just so you can block out the pain, but at the same time it blocks out all the joy.

Belive me anon, the hard times will pass but you get stronger from it, so don't let anyone try to fix who you are with pills that turn you into a husk.
>>
>>38442175
Fuck yeah, dude, meditate.
That shit works like a charm.
Don't use headspace though, no need.
Just meditate.
>>
>>38442248
no seriously throw them out, shit made me suicidal.

Get them mental gainz, go for runs in early morning and watch the sunrise. STAY IN YOUR ROOM AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, GO TO SOMEPLACE WITH AN OPENING COMMUNITY (mine was a coffee shop with qt3.14s)

>>38442295 is right, hard times will pass and they do prevent you from seeing beauty.
>>
File: Nietzsche-274x300.jpg (26KB, 274x300px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-274x300.jpg
26KB, 274x300px
I conquered my depression by finding what lies beyond nihilism.
>>
>>38441710
No matter how much I lift I can't save her
No matter how much I lift I can't fill the void she will leave in my family
No matter how much I lift it won't make life better
But still I lift because if I don't lift why carry on

lift = try
I lift because for 2 hours a day the rest of my struggles fade away
>>
Yeah gonna off myself soon
>>
>>38442336
Well, I found that Headspace was a great way to get the hang of the basic concepts behind meditating as a practise. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>38441710
your depression is crushing you from above.
this means you don't have to squat, bench or deadlift it away, you need to OHP it.
when you can OHP 1-2 times your bodyweight, your depression won't be as crushing anymore. go for it.
>>
>tfw bulking on depression

I don't know how some people can eat from depression, I do the opposite. I have no appetite.
>>
>>38442295
>>38442371
I had bad luck with antidepressants, turned it what I needed was a mood stabilizer. For the first time in my life, I feel normal. No going from manic ecstasy to suicidal depression in the span of 3 days. And I'm not "numb" , I feel everything just not to such painful and unpredictable extremes.

You're not a doctor bro, you don't know him or what may actually be his problem. Medicine can be the best thing in your life. You gonna tell a schizophrenic to stop taking their pills?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.