[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could any swimbro please explain how the hell am I supposed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: BreathingInFreestyle.jpg (193KB, 540x279px) Image search: [Google]
BreathingInFreestyle.jpg
193KB, 540x279px
Could any swimbro please explain how the hell am I supposed to do pic related consistently and not inhale a gallon of water every time? Is it even possible when swimming in the sea with all the waves fucking up my breathing? Every video/guide I've watched has people inhaling with their mouth half underwater, if I do that I'll eventually get a mouthful of water and end up gasping for air.

I hope /fit/ doesn't hate swimming.
>>
Purse up the half of your mouth that's underwater. Like you're breathing to the side of your mouth. Or just turn your entire head out when you breathe. And when i'm swimming in the open ocean I usually keep my entire head out of the water just to see where i'm going.
>>
>>38434824
this, but when swiming in open water, you need to look up after like 5-10 strokes, to see where you are going.
>>
I've been there. Got frustrated because I couldn't create that "BOW" wave every time. I guess you just need to be streamlined, head at the right depth, and you should have a larger velocity. That used to help me get the bow wave.
>>
The speed thing is interesting
I do have shit stamina, so it might also be an issue of losing speed and not being able to make a proper bow wave rather than simply running out of breath. Or, well, both.
Either way sounds like something that requires good sea conditions or a swimming pool if I don't want wind/waves to interfere with speed and form

I'll keep trying with all of this in mind, thanks brehs
>>
>>38434980

Swimming is all technique Anon. You can get in and thrash about and completely wear yourself out and get nowhere. It's more of a rhythm thing.

You can do front crawl in the sea, waves don't matter once you've got the technique nailed.
>>
How do swimmers aboid becomimg mouth breathing goons?
>>
What is all this 'bow wave' shit? Speaking as someone who learnt how to swim young and competed briefly, I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Your head is probably not turned all the way to the side.
>>
Speaking as a coach, it's totally okay to rotate your head a little more to get that breath, especially if you aren't swimming competitively. It won't fuck anything up. Don't be a retard and rotate to the point where your shoulders are vertical, but you can rotate more than in the pic.
>>
>>38435270
They dont really, heaps are lankey mouth breathing goons
>>
File: bow-wave.jpg (327KB, 681x398px) Image search: [Google]
bow-wave.jpg
327KB, 681x398px
>>38434783
>>38435286

Your MOUTH should NOT actually be UNDERWATER in this position because your head creates a WAKE, forming a POCKET OF AIR. It can be unnerving at first but if you get used to it and find the right TECHNIQUE then it is EASY

work on your FORM and you'll find it easy, you can do it bro.
>>
>>38435346
I try to rotate just enough and it works out fine at the beginning, but when I start getting tired and out of breath (which happens way too soon) it gets really hard to get enough air in that small timeframe, even if I still manage to maintain a decent breathing timing and exhale through my nose the whole time my head is underwater (I've seen that explained in a lot of videos/guides), plus it takes some of my focus off maintaining good form and of course it's a vicious cycle of breathing wrong - bad form - even harder to breathe right until I eventually have to stop.

I have actually made some progress in terms of how long I can keep good form and breathing rhythm, I'll keep working on that and see what happens. Considering taking up swimming at some local pool even after summer ends, feels great when done right.
>>
>>38435627
What? I'm not asking how to do front crawl retard, I'm saying all this "bow wave" shit is way over complicating it, nobody ever taught me that fancy term because as long as you're not mentally disabled you should be able to turn your head to the side and breathe.
>>
>>38434783
>Could any swimbro please explain how the hell am I supposed to do pic related consistently and not inhale a gallon of water every time?
Swim faster
>>
>>38435627
eating PIZZA and PARTYING while YOU work out SIX DAYS
>>
I swam for over 20 years. Never heard about this. Just breathe, I guess.
>>
>>38434783
Once again, scooby has the answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdPBaGI7ws8
>>
Im curious about how to do dolphin kick? I try to do it but it seems im not even going foward.
>>
>>38436767
That vid was really useful
based gooby
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.