[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is t-nation full of shit? Every time I look at an article li

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: t-nation-logo.jpg (12KB, 274x72px) Image search: [Google]
t-nation-logo.jpg
12KB, 274x72px
Is t-nation full of shit? Every time I look at an article like

https://www.t-nation.com/training/7-day-biceps-cure

or

https://www.t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves

It just sounds like total bullshit
>>
Tnation has a billion contradicting articles on training and diet.

>read why Brosplits are horrible!!
>read why Brosplits are awesome!!
>read why HIIT cardio sucks!
>read why HIIT cardio is the best!!
>>
>>38420396
Always check the author if unsure about the quality of information.

No, doing curls without fish oil wouldn't cause tendinitis normally but hey if it would fish oil might help. Just buy the cheap store bought kind. Rest-pause training is a very successful way to gain muscle fast, but it won't work long-term. I'm not sure about the every day part of it but it wouldn't hurt to try it.

The calf thing is bullshit though, unless you literally never walk or run anywhere, then it might help. Usually people benefit more from heavy calf work because they walk a lot and their calves are used to high volume light work.
>>
>>38420396
I think Bret Contreras has good articles if I remember correctly.
>>
>>38420396

because it's a website exclusively inhabited by stupid shit teenagers and college kids as well as extremely fat, middle aged bald men with beards who spent 25 years in the gym but don't look like they lift giving out advice like they're dave palumbo or something
>>
>>38420431
This.

They have a small handful of really good articles, but as a whole they're only marginally better than Bodybuilding.com's articles.
Seems like the older the article, the better, then they started running out of material to cover and went to shit over time.
>>
>>38420431

what are different authors

>>38420738

>reading any of these sites

there's very few good fitness related sites, can only think of strengtheory actually
>>
>>38420396
>didn't bother reading other comments in this thread

The calf exercise thing is true. I have lil' baby bitch calves due to genetics or something. I increased the amount of weight I'd use on calf raises until it felt like my feet would shatter, and my calves never got any bigger.

Once I focused on doing a shitload of reps and sets for calves, using light weight or bodyweight, my calves exploded. I have added over an inch of girth on my calves in a year from doing 10 sets of 30-50 barbell or bodyweight calf raises with every workout. Heavy calf raises don't do shit.
>>
>>38420396
T-Nation is Cosmo for meat heads
>>
>>38420396
https://www.t-nation.com/training/squat-mechanics-a-deep-analysis
I read this article from Mark Rippetoe the other day and he says if your hamstrings get sore from squatting then you are doing it wrong. Is this really true? I had been a half squatter before so now that I have been going AtG recently I really feel it in my hams at the bottom. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>38420750
When I want to know more about a specific topic, I'll read whatever I come across just for multiple perspectives - though I've only ever bookmarked 1 BB.com article and 2 T-Nation articles.
>>
>>38420805
You're bending over
>>
>>38420805
You stay over the heel of your foot / keep balanced throughout the lift?
And how's your hamstring flexibility? If you don't have the flexibility, you might be feeling the stretch, in which case it'd go away as you built up flexibility.
>>
>>38420805

it's because on one side you have the hips, glutes AND hamstrings to help, and the other one quads. Point is, you should feel it more in your quads than the other three, but you will still feel it in all of them.

Feeling sore is generally a result of not being used to training, not a measure of the work you put in.
>>
>>38420396
>It just sounds like total bullshit

anything steroid users do is bullshit, if you're not on roids there's not reason to listen to someone on roids tell you how to train, their body isn't the same as yours
>>
I remember going there years ago when most of their articles had a more or less hidden ad for their product.

SURGE or what was their energy drink called, and those dick pills with a blue monkey or someshit.

I guess their hustle continues, so they just have to think of new ways to push their product in a sea of other companies.
>>
>>38420396
Once upon a time it was mostly bullshit, then it was half good content and half bullshit. Now, it's unadulterated bullshit. Still has a few good writers but rule of thumb: ignore everything said on that site.
>>
>>38420854
>>38420899
>>38420941
Thanks bros, after rereading the article I think I understand it now. I have been bending over too much at the bottom of the squat and need to solidify my back angle earlier in the lift. I guess this flew over my head the last time I read it but it now it's making sense.
>>
>>38421143

I feel like if you're sole focus is on sitting back, you'll automatically fix your back angle. When you start thinking about knees or whatever you'll neglect the back every often.

If you squat against a wall you'll learn this very effectively. Use it was a warmup on your squat days. You'll notice where your squat goes wrong immediately. If you don't sit back enough your knees will hit the wall for instance. If you're too wide or too narrow you won't hit depth etc.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.