[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some ways to strengthen tendons to avoid this? htt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 196x110px
What are some ways to strengthen tendons to avoid this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

I've also heard about people getting it from doing preacher curls or chin-ups. I don't see how this is possible considering that tendons are suppose to be stronger than muscle.
>>
Don't flex your biceps when you deadlift, don't do preacher curls, don't flail around when you do chin ups
>>
>>38417799
not much you can do. use hookgrip if you're that scared

lol at the way the judge says "you didn't finish the lift.'' what a cunt
>>
>>38417799
Stretch your arms
>>
>>38417799

Don't take steroids. Supplement with vitamin c and vitamin e.
>>
>>38417799
Don't go too heavy too soon, don't do overly forced reps, don't roid hard, utilize FULL RANGE OF MOTION on every rep
>>
>>38417799
>strengthen tendons

lol

you cannot strengthen tendon attachments and the vast, vast majority of tendon injuries are ruptures, not tears.
>>
>>38417799
Don't be a fucking cunt and bend your arms. This guy was obviously flexing his bicep. Your arms should hang straight otherwise you're not lifting heavy enough (this isn't broscience it's straight from my coach's mouth)

This is also why average fuckers shouldn't hop on roids when they don't know wtf they're doing. All his mates sitting around watching should have noticed his bad form and stopped him. Now he's going to be out of it for a year at least and may never recover fully.

Always remember it's better to lift light and do it right. Don't try to push yourself too far too fast
>>
>>38419133
This is absolutely wrong. Lifting weights strengthens The muscle, bone, and tendons/ligaments.
>>
>>38419173
Bro to be fair though

It only takes once to fuck your shit up. The guys in this video could've lifted for 5+ years and had no problems, one time their form slipped for whateve reason and this happened.
>>
>>38417799
Do not use a mixed grip when deadlifting if you do use a mixed grip then make sure you arent flexing your biceps a lot of people flex them without noticing it, your small as fuck biceps arent mean to handle 500lbs or more weight.
The people who suffer from bicep tears from doing curls are retards who are simply lifting too much fucking weight, it's always the fags trying to do something stupid like curling 80kgs when that's in fact stupid as fuck
>>
>>38417799
>What are some ways to strengthen tendons to avoid this?
Equipose 500mgs weekly will help with that :)
>>
I have heard anything and everything resistance band is good for tendon strength, but I could be totally wrong.
>>
>>38417799
lock your elbows out when deadlifting with memegrip
or just don't memegrip.
>>
>>38419227
Yeah. This is why I don't do mix grip. You might have had perfect form for the first 1000 lifts, but one day, you're going to slip up and be like the guy in the video.
>>
>>38417799

"You didn't finish the lift"

Fuck that guy, I get that he's probably there exclusively for the purpose of confirming a good/complete lift, but the actual lifter's coach stood there and saw his bicep fail.
>>
Always hilarious seeing DYELs who can only just do 140kg stressing about tearing their bicep.
>>
Don't roid is the most prominent one here. Tendons are stronger than muscle normally, yes. But they take longer to get stronger than muscles do when the muscles are growing unnaturally fast due to steroids.

Also, don't use mixed grip for max weights unless its in competition. Use straps, and do grip work separately. Don't bother with hook grip because it doesn't actually increase grip strength any more than straps do. It just hurts your thumb and gives you pointless bragging rights.
Obviously, don't bend your elbows when deadlifting.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 562x437px
Thank you for reminding me why i never do one rep maxs op.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.