[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to have a full body split every week or doing things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: cena.jpg (99KB, 791x444px)
cena.jpg
99KB, 791x444px
Is it better to have a full body split every week or doing things like chest , arms and legs twice a week and including other things like shoulders , traps , back with it .
>>
compared to what?
>>
File: 1456234971982.jpg (58KB, 720x471px) Image search: [Google]
1456234971982.jpg
58KB, 720x471px
Squat, Bench and Deadlift should be your main focus.

everything else is just accessories to increase your main lifts.
>>
>>38407356

As a whole, every muscle in your body will be under a state of increased growth from the damaged caused by weightlifting if you do a 3 day full body routine for all but about 12 hours every week.
>>
I have wondered this lately too, a bro split hits a muscle once a week whilst a full body hits each muscle 3 times a week.

How could a bro split be more beneficial when it has less frequency, and potentially less volume in total per week.
>>
>>38409407
>accessories to increase your main lifts
>>
>>38409656
Because by breaking down workouts into different muscle groups/movement patterns (e.g. Horizontal push, etc.) it allows for increased performance in that area; whereas if you were to perform full body workouts every time the CNS exhaustion hinders performance.
That is not to say that one is better than the other, only that they are different. Now read the fucking sticky
>>
File: 1458369048079.jpg (20KB, 600x309px)
1458369048079.jpg
20KB, 600x309px
>>38409820
>Powershitters
>>
>>38407356
I enjoy full body more, and i get to hit everything 3 times a week.
>>
Early on, near maximum muscular development can be obtained from a single set of a single exercise [http://exrx.net/WeightTraining/Guidelines.html]. This kind of training will only work for a few weeks, tops, though so most beginner routines will have you doing at least three sets from the beginning to make programming simpler. During this phase, commonly described as 'novice', the trainee is also capable of fully recovering within a period of 24-48 hours so the workout may be repeated just a day or two after. Thus the maximum development may be obtained by working the full body three to four times per week.

As the trainee progresses the stress required to elicit an adaptation will exceed that which can be recovered from in as short a period. More complex periodization must then be introduced. Full-body workouts are still practical at this point but are getting longer as more stress and more rest time is needed between sets. An example of such periodization is the Texas Method (https://www.t-nation.com/training/texas-method). At this point the trainee may also decide to switch to bodypart or exercise specific workouts such as 5/3/1 or similar 4-day splits (https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength).

tl;dr: Depends entirely on your training progression and you should probably just do one of the routines in the sticky if you have to ask.
>>
>>38410382
tl;dr
>>
>>38407356
General rules of thumb for most lifters:

- Focus on heavy barbell compound lifts as your main exercises. That includes:
Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift
Overhead Press
Row
Clean
Snatch
and variations of the above, and weighted bodyweight exercises, i.e. dips and chinups/pullups.

- Train every big muscle group at least twice per week
Legs, (Squat, Deadlift)
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (Bench Press, Overhead Press, Dips)
Back, Biceps (Row, Pullup, Chinup)

- Smaller Muscle groups can be trained more often (with isolation exercises)
Biceps and Triceps
Shoulders
Calves
Abs

For every training day, choose 2-3 compounds (that make sense together, in your routine) and 2-4 accessory or isolation exercises.
Do one of the compounds heavy, for 3-5 sets of 3-6 reps, and the other light, for 3-5 sets of 5-15 reps.
For the isolation stuff, 2-4 sets of 8-12 reps is usually what you should aim for.

How you set up your routine depends mostly on how many days you train per week.

2 days - fullbody or upper/lower or push/pull
3 days - fullbody
4 days - 2x upper/lower or 2x push/pull
5 days - 2x lower 3x upper
6 days - 2x push/pull/legs
7 days - you should rest 1 complete day at least per week
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.