[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there been much study of the injury rate of weight lifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ugies.jpg (45KB, 634x371px) Image search: [Google]
ugies.jpg
45KB, 634x371px
Has there been much study of the injury rate of weight lifters compared to other sports? Every time I get my friend in the gym he says that pretty much every barbell movement (except bench) seems dangerous and "bad for you". Do you know of any studies that could support or contradict what he feels?
>>
holy fuck that was difficult
>>
>>38405692
The stanford, forbes, and ncbi ones have nothing to do with weightlifting you fucking retard, read them next time. Didn't even read that last one because wouldn't be worth my time.
>>
>>38405749
>can't even google a simple question
>calls others retards
really makes you think huh
>>
>>38405788
>Implying I'm asking for the information
>Ignoring my point
really makes you think huh
>>
>>38405673
any statistic regarding incidence of injury in high level weightlifting is likely insignificant in defending your argument because well trained, elite level weightlifters are much better at lifting weights than you and so they are much more likely to have better form and therefore a smaller risk of injury. Also, because you're probably not snatching and C&Jing, any statistics regarding those lifters are not applicable because they are training for different lifts. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Just tell your friend that he's a faggot and that he should kill himself because he'll never get big like you no matter how many scoops he uses without picking a loaded barbell. Good luck brah
>>
>>38405817
>elite level weightlifters are much better at lifting weights than you and so they are much more likely to have better form and therefore a smaller risk of injury

This is the first thing that came to mind. I remember hearing about a paper that proclaimed weightlifters have an extraordinarily low injury rate but on the other hand I hear from people saying that getting injured is inevitable but how long it takes you out of the game and how quickly it occurs varies wildly on skill level.
>>
>>38405673
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1322916/

Rates of injury are similar to other sports.
>>
The injuries happen mostly because weightlifters train like 1-3 times a day 6 times a week. Sometimes you want the medal so much, that you ignore the pain and just keep working.
>>
>>38405856
Pretty much. Klokov, Ilyin, and Lu prob don't get too many bumps and bruises because they are highly efficient, incredibly strong, and are basically bred for the sport. If you want to do some basic research, ask around your local gym and see how many people are currently rehabbing a shoulder impingement issue or back pain because they don't know the proper form for bench and deadlift/squat. Two very different worlds. Your friend (assuming you're OP) is actually kinda right, the average normie probably shouldn't use a barbell because it isn't safe but then again the average normie isn't really ever going to get that big because they lack the mental and physical fortitude to commit themselves to learning the skill of compound movements, diet, and discipline as well as the actuality of going through with that plan. They're just more likely to fuck themselves up with a squat than to get any sort of gains from it because their mind isn't in the right place.
>>
>>38405673
There's a study that says your friend doesn't want to go the gym. I think it is more useful.
>>
>>38405673
yes, and yes, not that I'm giving them to you
>>
Bitch you didn't even read SS.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.