[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My back is sore from deadlifting, is it okay to continue lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pic.png (2MB, 1708x1082px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
2MB, 1708x1082px
My back is sore from deadlifting, is it okay to continue lifting the same weights as I did before? Or should I lighten the load? Maybe take 2 advils?
>>
>>38402586
source then i'll answer
>>
>>38402749
Samantha Rone - Marks Head bobbers and Hand Jobbers
>>
check your form. it's probably bc your knees and hips are opening at the wrong times (they should be opening together) which turns your deadlift into a SLDL
>>
>>38402586
Your back shouldn't be sore from deadlifting if you are lifting with the correct form at a weight you can manage. Next time you deadlift, get someone to wacth your form and see if you are slightly arching your back. if so, correct this and if the weight is too much, lower the weight untill you can lift with a straight back. Good luck
>>
>>38402802
Not him, but whenever I deadlift, I can feel it pulling on my right side more than my left. How do I equalize this so that I don't have unbalanced back muscles?
>>
>>38402788
>>38402802
thanks! I just started incorporating deadlifting so I'll try to record and watch.
>>
>>38402586
Guys when i heavy deadlift i allways get massive doms on my traps. Do i do something wrong ? i always thought it does so because of me trying to sustain my scapulas retracted.
>>
My back is sore from god knows what, squats, legs pressings, back rows...

This pain just accumulates, first it's minor pain, week later I can hardly move my back because of leg day.
>>
>>38402838
are you using a mixed grip? If so, lower the weight and use a double overhanded grip (the standard grip). This will balance out your muscles.

If not, it may be that your have a general muscle imbalance in your back. this is common, most people have a stronger side. I would recommend using a comfortable weight and focus on keeping your form perfect and over time and your get stronger, this balance will even itself out. If it really feels like a strain, you should lower the weight you are using.
>>
>>38402913
I use a standard hook grip. It's not a strain, but when I set it down, I feel the tightness primarily on my right side. I'm only at 205lbs, as well I also have weighted back extensions in my routine.
>>
>>38402876
Your traps are an important muscle in your deadlift but they shouldnt ache anymore than the rest of you. You may be over using your trap at the intial part of the lift where you are using your trap to rip the weight of the floor. I would recommend focussing on making sure at the first part of the lfit, mainly use your legs to push up the weight of the floor which will mean you will be using your legs more and the hardest part of the lift and only using your traps and the later part when necessary. hope this helps.
>>
>>38402928
are the weighted back extensions with a machine? if so, it may be that your more powerful side if taking control when doing this lifts, as is common with machines. maybe dump this exercise from your routine, people often have problems with it and it doesnt provide huge benefit as an exercise.
>>
>>38402972
Nope, not a machine. It definitely helps, as when I started deadlifting without it, I did feel a strain in my lower back.
>>
File: 1468455255789.png (93KB, 181x208px) Image search: [Google]
1468455255789.png
93KB, 181x208px
>>38402802
>your back shouldn't be sore from a lift that works your back
Where the fuck do you retards come from. Are you going to tell him his legs shouldn't be sore after squats next?
>>
>>38403249
Thanks man. I was reading this thread thinking I was doing it wrong or something for a second. My back is always sore afterwards but like workout sore, not injured sore.
>>
>>38402802
Why wouldn't your back be sore from deadlifts?
>>
>>38404928
You will know if its injured vs lactic acid, if it just feels sore it probably is and you shouldn't worry.
>>38404954
hes probably still lmao1plate
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.