[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if I reach 1/2/3/4 and instead of changing to another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1471587418786.jpg (65KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471587418786.jpg
65KB, 368x500px
What happens if I reach 1/2/3/4 and instead of changing to another routine, I simply up the rep counts using the same weight?

3x5 135lb OHP on week 1
3x6 135lb OHP on week 2
3x7 135lb OHP on week 3
Etc.

What results should I expect?
>>
>>38396949
bump
>>
Slower strength gains, more hypertrophy. At 1/2/3/4 you can be stronger than 90% of the people at some gyms, so if you want to get a bit bigger maybe it's a good idea for you.
>>
>>38396949
the result you should expect is stalling and not being able to do the extra reps. just because you make a plan on paper doesn't mean it will work in real lift.
>>
>>38396949
The distance between yourself and your race will get bigger.
>>
>>38396949
get bigger and stronger but perhaps not as optimally as possible
>>
>>38396984
>>38397013
So my strength on my current lifts will improve while increasing muscle size is what I'm getting.

But I think that the jumps are too big

Should be
3x5 on week one
3x6 on week three
3x7 on week six
3x8 on week ten

Etc
I'm getting close to 1/2/3/4 and I want to be a Guinea pig
>>
>>38396949
Kind of new /fit/izen here
What is 1/2/3/4? Is it relative to bodyweight?
>>
>>38397066
>So my strength on my current lifts will improve while increasing muscle size is what I'm getting.
no, that won't happen. you will not be able to do 3x6 with a weight you just did 3x5 with if that 3x5 was even remotely near your limit. the only way your plan will work is if you decrease the weight to something you can do all the extra reps with, but then you're no longer on a linear progression and you're doing some really slow, weird periodization.
>>
>>38397092
>What is 1/2/3/4?
1 plate = 60kg press, 100kg bench, 140kg squat and 180kg deadlift

>Is it relative to bodyweight?
no, it's just babby's first strength goal regardless of bodyweight. if you're strongly against gaining any sort of muscle mass it will be harder to reach, of course, but that's what you get for handicapping yourself.
>>
>>38397092
The amount of plates on the bar for your Press/Bench/Squat/Deadlift

It really doesn't mean anything
>>
>>38397123
>regardless of bodyweight
Hate to break it to you, but a guy weighing below 85kg will have a harder time hitting those than one weighing above. If you weigh above 90kg I would expect those from you as the absolute bare minimum.
>>
>>38397108
actually accoding to some 1rm calculators i just tested, it's easier to add another rep than is it to add 5 lbs if you are doing 135x5 by like 1 or 2 lbs
>>
>>38397066
Drop the load 10-20% and do 3x something with that weight. Then you might be able to add one rep to the 135 lb sets every second week.
>>
>>38397206
It doesn't matter if you weight 70 or 100 kg, you should be able to hit these within a year.
That's why he said "babby's first strenght goal", because they are not impressive numbers.
Hell there are 120lbs grills totalling 975 lbs out there wich is 30 lbs than 2/3/4, ffs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNL87GH2zJE&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>38397316
>within a year
Agreed, give or take a couple of months.
>>
>>38397316
>squat
good
>that bench
lmao
>sumo
lmao
>>
>>38397206
hate to break it to you, but those are easy to achieve for any young male. how much you should weigh as a minumum depends on your height, but a lifter should weigh more than average for his height. if he doesn't he'll have problems reaching any sort of strength goal.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.