[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a better substitute exercise for barbell bench press:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: bobadone.png (952KB, 827x673px) Image search: [Google]
bobadone.png
952KB, 827x673px
What's a better substitute exercise for barbell bench press: Bench press on the smith machine or dumbbell bench press?
>>
>>38392349
Dumbells. Or incline barbell.
>>
Barbell bench press. Stop going to planet fitness.
>>
>>38392360
My gym is just too crowded. I get there when it opens and I still can't get bench press done if I want to do squats first. I don't want to work in with two other guys every time.
>>
>>38392399
Why don't you want to work in with other guys? Is it cause they bench so much more than you? Don't be ashamed, we all start somewhere.
>>
>>38392419
Because that takes forever and I'd rather not bother them anyways.
>>
>>38392349
How about dips (chest variant)? Weighted, obviously.
>>
Personally i DB bench because a.) it's fun and b.) prevents compensation from the dominant arm. Problem is that it's MUCH harder to make strength gains because you can't microload and it takes a little more to get them up for that first rep.

Never smith benched, but i used to smith squat. Feels like i was using training wheels. My quads certainly exploded, but the BB squat is such an all-encompassing lift that I wasn't getting the real form and balance benefits.
>>
>>38392349
Why not use both and alternate based on how you feel. But dumbbells are better in my opinion.
>>
>>38392349

Dumbbell bench, no question. Seriously about the only thing the smith machine is actually good for is calf raises.
>>
>>38392645
you could always be THAT GUY and bring some wrist weights with you to the gym
>>
Weighed dips
>>
Similar question as op but what's a good squat replacement. My schools rec doesn't have a rack
>>
>>38393641
Goblet squats and lunges senpai
>>
>>38393673
>>>38393641 (You)
>Goblet squats and lunges senpai

Thanks bbygrl
>>
File: weightedpistol2 (1).jpg (65KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
weightedpistol2 (1).jpg
65KB, 500x376px
>>38393641
Progressing towards a pistol squat. Once you can do that, you can hold a weight.
You could get a lot a gains before you need to make the move to barbell for more strength
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.