[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you stronger than your dad /fit/? https://www.washingto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 23

File: weaker.png (135KB, 1034x887px) Image search: [Google]
weaker.png
135KB, 1034x887px
Are you stronger than your dad /fit/?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/08/15/todays-men-are-nowhere-near-as-strong-as-their-dads-were-researchers-say/
>>
Right now, yeah he's 63 and I'm 22. But he used to be a hardcore outdoorsman/mountaineer so yeah he probably had better grip than me
>>
>>38329407
could beat him in an arm wrestle right handed 2 years ago, just as I started lifting, but he can still probably beat me with his left hand, which is strange since we're both right handed
>>
I can easily do 100kg one handed deadlifts, but dunno how that translates into >grip strength (how strongly you can squeeze something)
>>
>>38329407
My dad dug ditches and then was a carpenter when he was my age: he's still really fucking strong even though I'm more physically active than he is, and I know he could destroy me in any comparison of strength.

>Tfw ywn be half the man your father is/was.
>>
Yeah my dad has always been a skinnyfat dyel.

He left before I was born but he recently got back in touch. And I've seen pictures of him when he was in his 20s. He looked like shit.

Also he has 2 other sons, and they are dyel and less attractive facially than I am.
>>
>>38329407
>Average grip strength of 98lbs for millennial men

I just got a grip strengthener to use in my downtime (adjustable from 22 to 88lbs), and I can squeeze it at max tension fairly easily. I like to think I'm over that average for 30 years ago too. Thank you factory and assembly jobs.
>>
File: image.png (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
416KB, 1920x1080px
Yes he's clinically obese and gets winded walking up the stairs and has a desk job 9 hours a day.

I wish he would change...
>>
No, so I started lifting with him a while back. My dad was scared of parenting so he was mostly gone my childhood.

Went to see him a few months ago, I was skinny and underweight so I asked him to help me start lifting. Slowly working my way up to my dad's level, want to make my pops proud of me.
>>
>>38329746
>he has 2 other sons, and they are dyel and less attractive facially than I am.

That just means your mother's genes are way more alpha than your father's. You're better for it.
>>
Nah. He was jacked in '85, and has been a woodworker for his whole life. He's still really good for his age.
>>
>>38329407
No, I might be able to lift more than him, but when we wrestle he still wins

He's heavier than me though
>>
That nigga been roidin for 20 years fuck outta here.
That said his best bench was 2.5 plate on a smith and mine was 2.5 on a regular bench so i think i got potential for a 22 y/o
>>
My dad never lifted but he's always been physically fit. We used to go mountain biking together all the time when I lived at home and the stuff he's able to do is so impressive even though he's 60. I hope he lives another 40 years.
>>
My dad wrestled in highschool and often recalls how everyone on his street could bench 2x their bodyweight.

We're never gonna make it...
>>
>>38329767
i wonder how many times this fedora tip worthy image is posted on fit in a day
>>
>>38329818
>We're never gonna make it...

(You)'re never gonna make it.
>>
>>38329818
My dad was fat in high school and bullied by his older brother and friends. So he got /fit/ and beat the shit out of them. Nigger had anger issues until he got into his 40s.
>>
S-surely the xenoestrogens and antimale environment have nothing to do, r-right guys?
>>
>>38329407

I am, very much so and he is in decent shape for his age. However, my grandfather is still stronger than both of us :/
>>
I am probably physically stronger than him but he's very big on endurance sports, he does skiing, swimming, long-distance running and long-distance biking

He ran 11 metric miles in 25 hours just a week or so ago, in mountainous terrain, that's pretty fucking good
>>
How does grip strength translate into a deadlift?

If I have 100lbs grip strength will I have 100lbs deadlift? 200lbs deadlift? I assume grip strength is a typical limiting factor in the deadlift.
>>
>>38329407
Yeah, but I've been lifting since I was in high school.
>>
>>38329930
It's only limiting if you don't use under/over grip, chalk, or straps.
>>
>>38329407
>Are you stronger than your dad /fit/?
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/08/15/todays-men-are-nowhere-near-as-strong-as-their-dads-were-researchers-say/
98lbs? Mines more than 250lbs wtf...
>>
>>38329949
Why the fuck would I ever push my body to lift something where I mechanically had a barrier like grip strength?

I lift to be useful not for my ego
>>
Yes

I can overhead military press 290 lbs. lol
>>
>>38329675
>one handed deadlifts
wtf?
>>
>>38329781
>when we wrestle he still wins
tell us more about this anon
>>
Sort of. He can carry heavier weights than me but gets tired easily sometimes. He used to be a linebacker though so he was stronger than me at my age. I look better than him and my granddad at my age though
>>
>>38330089
Naked wresting (no homo)
>>
>>38329407
yeah I'm also one head taller and weigh 50kg more
>>
>>38329893
In the article:
>Millennial men and women have near equivalent grip strength

No, anon, I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with that.
>>
>>38329407
I'm taller than my dad, stronger than my dad, make more money than my dad and according to my mom, have a bigger dick than my dad.
>>
>>38329407

My dad died when I was a baby, so I'm pretty certain I'm stronger than him considering he's a skellington.
>>
>>38330179
>Naked wresting

Greek detected
>>
>>38330214
>according to my mom, have a bigger dick

Why the fuck is your mother talking to you about your dad's dick?
>>
>>38329407
no. my dad's a lifelong farmer and is at least 200 pounds. i'm only 160 fuuuck
>>
>>38330077
>>
>>38330266
fooking legend
>>
>>38329407
Daddy issues; the thread
>>
>>38330254
Freud all over again
>>
bunch of limp wristed pansy fuckboys in 2016

I used to walk 14 miles in corn fields during the summer just to fuck my girlfriend at her house. Did I mention her dad had a shotgun just in case he found me? Guess what you exist so I won.
>>
>>38330054
You're retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 601x508px
I'm stronger than him because he's dead
>>
My grip strength was tested after breaking a finger in highschool at 142lbs, what pussy can't hit 100lbs?
>>
File: OFDVIsm.gif (150KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
OFDVIsm.gif
150KB, 500x282px
>>38329407
Grip is 198lbs

Get fucked daddy

If only I knew you
>>
>>38330254
>He doesn't have monthly dick inspections by his mom

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
Well, yeah, barely lifted or did any physical exercise. Just rode his motorbike. Tried to claim he was built like a bodybuilder and could bench 3pl8 but there is zero proof of any of this, and even my mom tells him he is lying.
He still believes it though.
>>
>compare a generation that had many more manual labor jobs to a sample size from a university, which are most likey not doing manual labor
wow who would have though
>>
>>38329407

He got all that grip strength from jerking his dad off.

You want to be strong like daddy, right?
>>
>>38329407
I've been stronger than my dad for about 5 years op. I promised myself always to find the time to exercise so I would never end up weak like the rest of my family
>>
>>38329407
I could close a CoC 1.5 the first time I tried it. That's 167.5 lbs.

98 lbs?

fucking pussy bitches.
>>
>>38329832
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>38329407
Pretty obvious this is gonna be true, considering that 80% of people are overweight or obese nowadays. If you're fit, you're gonna be way stronger than both averages.
>>
>>38329800
He's been taking steroids for 20 years and his best bench was 2.5 plate? There's something seriously wrong here.
>>
>>38329407
Nope.

He's Mexican, so he's been working in construction for most of his life. He fixes of cars and shit, so he's just used to lifting naturally heavy things. Not exactly big, just strong.
>>
Hell no. My dad used to do lots of Meth and was homeless then he got a job as a fitter (welding), moved to Alabama to build battleships, and got a southern gf to make him god tier bulking food.
>>
>>38329407
Easily.
He ran track in High School and was supposedly very good.
Too bad this was in Yugoslavia and that didn't get you anywhere.
He was pretty much otter-mode at his prime but he never weight-lifted.
He's deteriorated a lot since then because he has a fucked up back but I know I'm stronger than him in his prime.
Also
>grip-strength
Not really a strong basis for comparison considering the generational gap also includes the revolutionary internet-age.
>>
My dad benched 450 when he was younger, idk if I'll ever reach that but at least I have his genetics :^)
>>
Dad was in the military and swam a lot. He had thick hands and massive forearms but I just surpassed him because I'm a beast.
>>
He died when I was 13 :/

He'd probably be proud.
>>
Where can I find a grip strength testing machine?
>>
dad was a fireman and cross country star, however i'm a blue belt in bjj so i may have an advantage, i mean maybe right?
>tfw never gonna make it
>>
File: 1471007719861.png (545KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471007719861.png
545KB, 900x900px
What if you have small hands with arthritis, and all you do is pretty much cardio?
I don't even think I hit 80lbs of grip pressure because of it. 23 years old if that's relevant.
>>
>>38330049
>250lbs
you might be doing something wrong
thats pretty much impossible without grip training
>>
>>38334074
Go to your local amusement park or arcade with a quarter
Or, alternatively, the childrens section of your local science museum
I'm actually serious, that's prob the easiest place to find em.
>>
>>38334110
With arthritis you probably have an excuse.

Cardio on the other hand is voluntary.
>>
>>38329407
i'm getting there, my dad lifts for 35 years, he used to weight 112kg on his prime and he roided, now i bench 2pl8 and he goes at 1,5pl8 but he does weighted pullups and i can't
>>
>>38332961
Ayy senpai, fellow Mexican here
Same with my father, he easily beat me in arm wrestling. He also said he always did sports and would do one hand pushups, an shit

He sometimes laughs at me because I'm weaker than him at his age. He was in really good shape and used to fight a lot too. And did swimming in the Rio bravo lol
Even my mom used to make fun of me because she met with father at young age.

He's 5'4 and I'm 19yo 5'8
A-at least I'm taller than him hehe...
>>
My dad was a champion boxer in Australia during college

So not yet
>>
How do you measure this shit?
>>
>>38329407
I'm thirty and I think I'm almost matched with my dad. I'm 6,3" 240lbs with a 35"waist line. Five years ago I couldn't touch my pops. But now he needs a knee and hip replacement plus he broke his ankle and poked a hole in his lung. He's all better now but had had some couch time. Five years ago he was a solid 300lbs. He has a gut and wasn't in shape, but he wasn't soft or flappy anywhere. If we ever decided to throw down he would have to miss the first 4-5 swings to wind him out. If he ever connected I would be threw
>>
>>38329407
my dad was a genetic strength freak and those genes were not passed to me
>>
I beat the shit out my dad some time last year. This is bound to be one of those 'priveleged, weak generation-y' puff-pieces.
>>
>>38329407
Right now I definitely am.

When he was my age (22), he worked in a warehouse so he was probably stronger than I am now.
>>
dad never rly lifted jus played a lot of sports and ran, still otter God at 45. we have the same physique at the same respective age of 21, except his forearms were bigger because quarter back (kicker/soccer fag here)

here's a question tho, could you kick your dads ass?

if yes, would you ever let your son kick your ass?
>>
>>38335318
>here's a question tho, could you kick your dads ass?
Easily. He has trouble standing for too long.

>if yes, would you ever let your son kick your ass?
Nope.
Little shit has to earn it.
>>
Probably not, my lifts are good but my Dad used to be huge back in the day, would make me look dyel, as if i didnt already think that ;_;
>>
I can out-lift him but he has more genuine strength. My wrists and hands are absolute bitch-made, while he could practically crush someone's skull if he wanted to.
>>
>>38330254
Why would it be weird for his mom to know how big his dad's dick is?
>>
>>38332924
Yea hes a firm believer of "10 reps or bust". So thats 2.5 for 10
>>
>>38329407
My dad was a swimmer, so not really a strength dude in his prime. I am way, way stronger. His cardio gains in his prime though I'm sure were way better than mine.
>>
My father is stronger than me.
But i might be able to take him in a fight because he has artificial knee joints, so he's not able to run fast. I just have to wear him down and then go for the kill.
>>
>>38329407
No, when he was my age he Clean and pressed 170 and benched 260

I can only clean and press 155 and bench 200
>>
that survey measured students. of fucking course students are going to be less than strong than their blue collar working fathers that worked hard to get them into college.

it'd be different if i was students then vs students now
>>
>>38329407
Todays men are also smarter then their previous generation and hold more qualifications.

Times fucking change and so does culture
>>
Fk no, my dad took roids for 30 years and im a natty ottermode fag...
>>
>>38329407
I was stronger at 18 than he's ever been in his life and I've only gotten stronger
>>
My dad has never been as strong as I am now.
>>
>>38329407
my dad grew up in a farm. he had crazy grip strength(milking cows). the other strongest grip I have ever seen was my best friends dad growing up, he worked in a newspaper factory. more hard labor workers = more strength
>>
>>38329675
one handed DLs are a hell of a thing
when i was just a couple months in and my max was ~275lbs i was able to pull one handed 195-205 sumo singles easily with chalk and hook grip

never tried them since
>>
>>38336540
He can only bench 100kg+bar after 20 years of lifting and roiding?

I can lift 80+bar for 10 after 20 months in the gym, all natural.

How short is your Dad?
>>
>>38329922
>Metric miles

That is an oxymoron, anon.
>>
Is this the rule of thumb of measuring nu-males in the year 2016??

KEK
>>
>>38329407
i am stronger in every physical aspect than my dad ever way. and most peoples dads.

i can squish my 250lb gripper thing like 10x
>>
I beat my dad's ass
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 720x793px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 720x793px
>>38329818
I don't think there was ever a time when average joe could bench 4pl8
>>
>>38329407
Well no shit.
Men are becoming more docile, and less active.
>>
>>38329407
>went to one of those novelty grip testers a while back
>got 180

And they said fapping doesn't do anything for you.
>>
>>38329930
Pretty sure I can't squeeze with 315lbs of pressure, so no.

My dad is getting old and cant even bend over.
Fuck my parents are going to die before I know it.
>>
I can OHP more than my dad weighs, and i've been stronger than him since i was probs 16.
Me mum's side has some based muscle genetics so yeah
>>
thats why you pull with double over hand you faggots
3 plates master race over hand.
>>
Yes and no
My dad did 53 consecutive pull ups for his pft to become the senior drill instructor. I've never done more than 15 but I deadlift 6 plate... He's ran many marathons and Ive barely done 13 miles once.
Yes and no
>>
I am stronger than him on almost every lift. He has a better base to build off of than I do though. I wish he'd work out more though.
>>
>>38329407
Yes. He was a runner when he was younger, I play rugby and do a bit of strongman (my grip is probably my best feature as well)
>>
File: bearmode.png (582KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
bearmode.png
582KB, 720x960px
No comparison.

My old man was always fit and strong, always weightlifted and introduced me to weight lifting.

He's in his 60s now, still mountain runs, boulders, weight lifts and does strong man style training.

I'm a professional athlete. So no comparison. I'm probably stronger than him by double in all lifts except bench press haha

He'd probably be sad if he thought I couldn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x229px
>>38329407
I dont have a dad mfw
>>
>dad was boxer in youth.
>helped out at his uncles farm from age 7.
>worked at industrial train yard from age 13.
>was in special forces.
>3 years of front line service.
>worked as brick-layer, roofer, linesman and so forth.
>he's 55, still can crush any of my gym buds hands in arm wrestling.
>his biceps and chest are starting to shrink, though.

>Worst part is he never lifted a barbell in his life and has broken half his bones at some point. He even spouts bullshit like protein powder is poison etc.
I'd complain about genetics being unfair but I am virtually his clone.
>>
>>38330239
Skeleton has no muscle, never gets tired
You lose
>>
File: 1459825026043s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459825026043s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
I guess that doesn't apply in my case, seeing as it's really not very difficult to outlift a jar of ashes
>>
>>38341879
The jar can plank for much longer than you can, it probably has a decent shot at the WR.
>>
>Dad when he lived was a sailor
>Could still exert impressive grip force even when he was skeletonized from cancer chemo in his deathbed when i gripped his hand
>He was looking at me and i told him ' i'll take care of us now , dad' and then he died while firmly gripping my hand
>>
>>38329407
My dad was a weightlifter and a hockey player.
Not a change.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 539x960px
Not yet.
My dad was a wrestler all throughout college who mostly did physical jobs like construction. He once told me that when he was 23 he built the cell that Charles Manson is held in. He also was a bodybuilder as a hobby until pretty recently.
>TFW your dad showed you how to lift
>TFW your dad taught you what it took to be a man, and that you need to be strong.

I have to go call my dad and say thank you now.
>>
File: 648.png (179KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
648.png
179KB, 600x511px
>>38329407
>tfw my dad did muay thai, shotokan karate, judo and jiu jitsu
>tfw he was doing amateur gymnastics as a teen
>tfw he went to the army when he was 19
>tfw he got into the special forces immediately
>tfw he can still do heavy farmwork at age 55
>tfw he is still stronger than me

How can I even compete?
I will be a disgrace if I won't be able to beat him in arm wrestling before he hits 60.
>>
He was a fireman with a 4pl8 bench at 190...his squat was only at 38 and dl wasn't that good because he tore both acl's.. So he could still murder me...also he gets too mired for being 50
>>
My dad was a farmer and a ripped guu ever since he was a teenager. Ive been stronger than him in most respects since i was around 16 but i will never beat his grip strength. Its seriously retarded. He still has massive forearms after 60. But he never had really good back or leg strength. I mean compared to most people he did amd does bit nothing spectacular. But those forearms and that grip is something you only get from decades of working on machinery.
>>
>>38342364
Sounds like a cool as fuck dad
>>
>>38329407
>grip strength is 135lbs
>dad is a monster who spent over 40 years of his life swinging hammers and lifting heavy shit for work
>able to throw a 300lb dishwasher in pure rage like throwing a oversized pillow because the hose keeps cross threading

Dunno he is 5'8 and beat the shit out of his dad all the time for starting shit and he was some crazy ass 6'5 monster who looked like Santa Claus when I last met him.
>>
>>38342626
He is, but he has a short temper. Easy to anger. Probably has some kind of trauma from special units training.
But besides that, he's bro tier. He's the one that encouraged me to start gymnastics and lifting.
>>
When I was lifting weights back in high school I remember when I was repping 2plt on bench he was impressed and saying that he never benched 2 plates. But also he was a Navy Diver for 20 years and I failed to pass the Navy Diver fitness test so I guess we had are strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>38329832
Why is it fedora tip-worthy? It's not inaccurate.
>>
Before I started lifting I was able to pick up a bathroom scale and squeeze it so that it read 300lbs, so that's 150 per hand. No idea how that would transfer to actual grip tester tho.
>>
>return to /fit/ after weeks of vacation
>this thread
You know, from the outside, it's so fucking obvious you little idiots are just making shit up like children.
>>
My dad was a 134lb state champion wrestler in 1985, total chad and he knew it. Although, he got pretty dad mode after he got married but he's still strong as fuck. He out lifts me on pretty much everything but deadlifts and squats. Him and my stepmom are into mud runners and ironman shit so he keeps in pretty good despite being a closet binge eater; like wake up at 3am and inhale 3 PBJ sandwhiches and a quart of milk style.

I'm getting up there but he's also a few inches shorter than me so he has a leverage advantage.
>>
>>38336163
weird part is mother talking about her husband dick to their son.
one could argue that mother knowing size of her son dick after puberty is somewhat strange too.
>>
>>38329407
In power lifts - I'm stronger by far. In real world - he's stronger. If you don't do labor like your dad, there's no way you'll be stronger in real world (meaning forearms strength, back and raw power to fuck shit up).
>>
>>38329832
Even bible has quotes like that.
>>
>>38329407

Men are weaker today because the work force has moved mostly out of labour and into service because machinery made lots of factory, forestry, and other jobs you had to be really strong to do redundant and positions opened up elsewhere.
>>
>>38336540
>>38329800
That's seriously bad for a roider desu senpai. It's almost like he didn't work out at all and relied on drugs only.
>>
>>38338942
Actually, quite a lot of powerlifters say that in the 80s 5pl8s benches were nothing out of ordinary.
>>
File: Snapchat-5869487989238937436.jpg (185KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5869487989238937436.jpg
185KB, 720x1280px
>>38329407
My dad played rugby and did bodyweight training in his peak. I always though he was pretty strong. He looked good that's for sure.
Today we are both the same height but he has like 40lbs on me, most of it is fat, but also quite a bit of muscle. He's wrists are tree trunks compared to mine and his hands are huge. I can carry more than him but only because his back is fucked up.
>>
File: Snapchat-282744253831202500.jpg (195KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-282744253831202500.jpg
195KB, 720x1280px
>>38343840
This is me. Both in our early 20s.
Maybe he was 19 in that other pic
>>
>>38329407
>fewer blue color jobs
>people somehow get less fit and weaker
gee I wonder how
>>
nah, my dad benched 365x5 at 175 lbs. dont know how he got so strong, im 157 and only bench 170 x5 lol fml
>>
>>38329407
Nope my dad could bench 405lbs at 40 years old. When he was 42 he was warming up with 350lbs and tore his chest. so he hasn't lifted since, idek if he can. Maybe I will be stronger soon
>>
>>38330866
Checked :'(
>>
>>38329407
My Dad has been Bodybuilding since Arnold's Glory Days. Hes past 60 now but I remember two years ago when I was just past my first year of lifting I was visiting and went to his hole in the wall gym with him.

I was asking him to spot me on my 2 plate bench max and he wanted to try it out.
Apparently in 25 years of lifting he never ever benched.
I must have looked like a retard when he told me to step away from the bench because he didn't need a spot and repped out an easy 5.

Had him in the deadlift though :)
>>
>>38329407
>when he was same age like me : yes

im heavyer and bit stronger

> he is 56 now, and still press 150 kg on the bench.

if im that old i want to be same fit like him..
>>
>>38330212
Its because people dont work in factories anymore
>>
>>38338887

It's 10kms.
>>
I can outlift him but he still outweighs me by 100 lbs and would kill me in a real fight
>>
How to measure grip strength?
>>
>>38342986
>implying you aren't just jealous of people who had dads

Dads are cool as fuck, you should try it some time. My dad is an ex cocaine dealer, went to prison, and spent the rest of his life riding around in his corvettes playing professional pool until he settled down with an 18 year old amateur pool player.

I guess maybe not all of us can have cool as fuck dads though.
>>
>>38343228
because steroids werent illegal nor discouraged
>>
>>38329800
>On a Smith machine
So he never actually benched. No wonder he was a DYEL roider. Don't be like your dad anon, keep it up.
>>
>>38346950
So cool
>>
>>38329407
>tfw dad worked-out his whole life
>tfw he benches over 300 lbs at age of 46
>tfw he has lower bodyfat (13/14%) than me
>tfw he weights 230 lbs, mostly muscle
>tfw he has better endurence than you (physical work, loves to cycle)
>tfw he has hot wife and you no gf
>tfw he bullies because of your shitty lifestyle and not having a gf
>tfw he told you on couple occasions to kill yourself when you were at you lowest
>tfw he mentions he would like to have granchildren
>tfw he coverly implies that you might be homosexual
>tfw you know he is right about everything (except the gay thnig [spoiler]im bi[/spoiler])
>>
File: 1471414127732.jpg (388KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1471414127732.jpg
388KB, 1803x1351px
My grip strength was last measured at 155 lbs, and I'm dyel by fit standards.
ty diy auto and pizza dough rolling
>>
>>38329407
my dad is ash in the wind
at this point its a philosophical question.
>>
>>38330266
THERE IS NO REASON TO BE ALIVE IF YOU CAN NOT DO DEADLIFT
>>
>>38329667
you should masturbate less
>>
>>38330054
you retard the whole idea is that your back is stronger than your forearms and that you'll reach the max of your grip strength before max diddly. At that point if you want to lift more you either have to change your grip, stall because
>functional strength
or use straps.
>>
File: s72-50247.jpg (3MB, 3661x4613px) Image search: [Google]
s72-50247.jpg
3MB, 3661x4613px
>>38341645
>m-me neither bra
test tube babies unite!
>>
My dad worked a lot of blue collar jobs when he was younger, then worked as a bouncer when I was a little baby, and is now an electrical lineman. Guy has got fucking ape strength. I'm an apprentice lineman now and also did some time as a bouncer, plus I do rock climbing so I'll probably catch him one day, but for now, he reigns supreme by a long margin
>>
My dad kicks ass and I hope I can be half the man he is.

He started BJJ in 2003 when he was 50 years old when my mom died. He needed a hobby and sought solace in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Now he's a 63 year old black belt and in better shape than most guys half his age.

He finally talked me into coming to his gym and he absolutely destroyed me on the mat. He can make me submit/tap out in less than 30 seconds and I lift regularly.

I never got into martial arts and just assumed he went to some bullshit karate class but holy fuck Jiu Jitsu is crazy. My dad is one hell of a grappler and still has many good years left in him.
>>
File: 1471280107468.jpg (71KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1471280107468.jpg
71KB, 633x758px
>tfw my dad only ever did sets of 7 when he lifted and stayed skinny and dyel af
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1300x951px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1300x951px
>>38329407
>tfw raised by a single mother
>>
File: tfw.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>38342340
>tfw people will actually fall for that because they're retarded
>>
He's 50 now and going on that old man strength. He's incredibly solid and could probably lift more than m.. I'll probably be bigger and stronger than him in a year or two.
When he was my age he was a DYEL lanklet that I could probably snap in half.
>>
Most of our father's are old fucks now with too many physical problems. My father was a strong man but not because he worked out, oh no he was a layabout wrestler in highschool. It was because he was a diesel mechanic who ate and drank himself to near death the first time around.

He ain't shit now.
>>
>>38329407
My dad was a steel worker. Retired now.

He decided to start going to the gym on account of getting fat.

I decide to start him off light and find out where he's at. He started right about where I was on all my lifts give or take a few pounds. After a year he was lifting more iron for sets than I could one rep.
>>
>>38329407
For the most part, but the dude got some strong ass fingers.
>>
File: 1430421800507.jpg (396KB, 812x711px) Image search: [Google]
1430421800507.jpg
396KB, 812x711px
>>38346950
>My dad is an ex cocaine dealer, went to prison

What a cool role model.
>>
>>38329407
Mine played football in highschool but is now a 62 year old man who hasn't worked out since the 80s. At least his new gf has him running
>>
He can outbench me and beat me in right arm wrestling. But i have deads, rock climbing, squats, etc. I'll never beat his bench, broke shoulder
>>
I can deadlift 315 with one hand so yes I have better grip then him at my age
>>
>>38329630
Yup being a mexifag my paps is huge. Working construction kills i guess. The fucker cant outbench me but damn is he big. Pendejo never loses strength.
>>
>>38329930
Grip strength isn't a limiting factor but it will increase your grip. I use to deadlift 5plates and hold them for as long as I could and had stronger grip then most.
>>
>>38329675

not really, pinching strength for grippers is different from grip strength

source : me that can do deadlift a lot but lose in closing grippers with a friend who does manual labor
>>
>>38329407
im definitely stronger than my dad in general. although he might have a stronger grip. idk wtf dad strength is but it gives them a firmer handshake with each new moon.
>>
>>38329407
>2016
>still not understanding dad strength

I might be able to lift 2x as much as he does, but he worked construction and can snap my hand in a handshake without breaking a sweat.

Grip strength is a result actual lifting of heavy shit that don't have nice convenient handles and bars like gym equipment does.

If you want huge forearms and a bigger grip strength start hauling shit around. Every different item you pick up will challenge your grip muscles in a way that no gym shit can.
>>
>>38350811
you sure it wasn't the vast loneliness and excessive masturbation?
>>
>>38353209
>masturbation
>grip strength

yea sure if you gorilla grip your cock and rip off a layer of skin with every stroke.
>>
>>38329800
I've lifted 2 years natty then 1.5 on gear and I'm hitting 315 for sets of 5 and my progress should be better considering the gear use desu
>>
My dad was a huge fitness buff. Played college football and almost made the pros. His best-ever 1rm bench was, no joke, 495 pounds. Attempted 500 once but had, as he put it, "an ounce of help" from his spotter on the way up.

I'm not stronger than my dad. There's a good chance I never will be. But I love lifting and he has inspired me to push myself, work hard, and do the best I can in all aspects of my life, for which I will always be thankful.
>>
>>38351291
kek, true. Old man hasn't lifted in years, but still looks big. What gives?
>>
>>38329407
My dad did physical labor to make his meager wages. I do desk work and make 3.7x as much.
>>
>>38346975
Well, yeah, I know. D-bol was legal till 2001 (coincidentally when Scooby was in his peak condition and it started declining after).
>>
>>38347776
>im bi

that's gay. Tho your dad has gone way to far with kys remarks.
>>
>>38329407

Dad was a fighter pilot for 22 years (F-15, A-10, F-117) has inhuman old man strength for a 48 year old dude.

Are G-forces the quick way to gains?
>>
my dad is 215 and fat as fuck, i'm 200 and bearmode. I'm stronger than he ever was.
>>
>>38329675

>>38351115

I agree desu because I can deadlift 305kg but would lose in those CoC competitions or a gripping competition. Yo know those machines that say your grip strength? At most I got 52kg, some DYEL at my uni who doesnt lift got 58kg on it. I'm 102kg @ 5'10 18% bodyfat and I am on gear as well... deadlift grip does not translate to irl grip strength imo
>>
>>38329407

Maybe but hes 60 so thats not saying much, he was a freak of nature when I was younger though.
>>
>>38355132
What do you think the g stands for?
>>
>>38355157
you can´t be bearmode under atleast 250
>>
>>38355234

brah
>>
>>38347776
you´ll get over it.
time flies when you´re a faggot
>>
>I'm 23 and he is 57.
>Both 5'9
>He is like 30 pounds heavier than me. Thicker wirsts, broader shoulders, biger arms... you name it.
>He hasn't been in a gym a single day of his life.
>I have been training for more than a year.
>He is still stronger than me in any way imaginable.

I don't consider him a great anything, but why can't I have the genes of the only thing he did't suck at?
>>
I lift and judo and my father is an artist.
>>
>>38329713
tfw you can succeed the expectation by learning how to fight.
>>
>>38336540
that's horrible. 20 years roiding? so over 20 years lifting? shouldn't he be old enough to know how to do internet searches? it's not just the workout that is wrong here. he lacks cognition in other areas.
>>
The most weight I can deadlift with double overhand grip is a little over 100 kilos/220 pounds. With resetting the grip between each rep, I can do a few reps with that weight. I weigh 68 kg/150 lbs. Is my grip strength as shitty as I feel it is?
>>
>>38356127
it's practice breh. we're all gonna make it
>>
Couldnt beat him in an arm wrestle to save my life, I can dl more than him even tho Im 30kg lighter, he hasnt the flexibity for squats or ebnch
>>
File: 1471344160683.png (383KB, 454x479px) Image search: [Google]
1471344160683.png
383KB, 454x479px
>>38347776
>tfw he mentions he would like to have granchildren
>[spoiler]im bi[/spoiler]

nice one faggot. feel good to be a failure?
>>tfw he told you on couple occasions to kill yourself when you were at you lowest
>tfw if i met you i would probably do the same
>>
>>38329407
Yes, but I'm also 4 inches taller than him so it isn't a fair contest.
>>
>>38329832
>socrates
>fedora
if you get to this level of contrarianism you might aswel cut of all connection to the world, since everything is cringe to you even if it's really not
>>
>>38341764
He would also kill you
>>
>>38329407
yes, much stronger. in his defense, he is still pretty strong for his age
>>
>>38355243
I'm 5'7 and he's 5'6.
>>
>>38355175

I guess DL-grip is static strength and the other one's dynamic
>>
>>38356545
Kek. You're weaker than a manlet.
>>
Would being stronger than a corpse in this case count?
>>
>>38357257
nice readign comprehention
>>
>>38329407
This reminds me of my grandpa, I used to sit on his lap and eat walnuts from his tree on the front porch. He made me crack open all of mine unless it was way too tough. We'd sit there for hours and every time he had that grip trainer and would use it none stop. My grandpa was a bad ass motherfucker. Had to hunt his own food when he was a kid, served in the military for 22 years, practically raised me and got me into fitness. Its too bad he has severe Alzheimer's and lost all his strength. Even when he was 70 he could have ripped my arm off when he shook it
>>
>>38329407
I could push him back if we went against each other but he has an easier time lifting things.
>>
File: zoo_gorilla-child_hurt.jpg (89KB, 664x441px) Image search: [Google]
zoo_gorilla-child_hurt.jpg
89KB, 664x441px
>>38329407
Much, much stronger.
>>
>>38329407
I'd say we're the same. Though he most likely has a stronger grip being a maintenance man.
>>
Welp, this is it.

Our fathers are still stronger than us. But why?

Is it because they had manual jobs or because the hormon conspiracy?
>>
>>38329407
>dad clean and jerked 160 at his prime, his bodyweight
>clean 195
>C&J 185
yep
>>
>>38355175

the good thing is that grip strength can be trained easily to manual labor levels in like two month using those grippers and training them aren't that physically exhausting as deadlifting
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.