[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of giving lifting up after 4+ years. Pic related is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (71KB, 464x477px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 464x477px
Thinking of giving lifting up after 4+ years.

Pic related is all I've managed to """"achieve"""" in over 4 years. My lifts are also horrible (novice/intermediate) despite having lifting for all those years on proper routines. Even when the scientifically proven routines didn't work for me I tried the bro-style of training and that didn't work either.

I made a thread the other day and 99% of the comments were extremely negative.

If you add all of this information up, it seems pointless for me to continue on with spending this time/effort lifting and tracking my nutrition.

I'm at a point in my life where I need to really think about what I'm doing and where I'm heading and I feel like lifting is only holding me back.

Honestly would you still be lifting if you did it for over 4 years and turned out like me? Probably not, you would have given up a long time ago.
>>
File: KyIU51m.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
KyIU51m.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>this guy again
>>
>>38215174
>wahwahwah I only look like a strong natty guy with my shirt off why don't I look like a youtube natty genetic freak like jeff seid.

get your test levels checked, crybaby
>>
>>38215174
I think you're 100% correct. For the majority of us lifting will only lead to frustration and overeating. We're simply not genetically apt to be fit as we are not messomorphs and thus can't build up muscle without increasing our body fat percentage.
>>
>>38215187
This is what I mean.

Why even lift? 4 years of lifting week in week out tracking nutrition and I get laughed at.

It makes me depressed and want to curl up in a ball and kill myself.

Ive failed at everything else in life and now this is just another thing I've failed at despite putting in 110% effort.

Here's the part where people green text me saying I put 110% effort in and refuse to believe it. It's stuff like this that makes me just want to give up on life and stay a shut-in. I can't ever succeed at anything I do.

I am nearly 30 and the prime of my life is gone, I've wasted half my 20s trying to get aesthetic and I've not even come close (probably was never obtainable to begin with, with the genetics Ive was given)
>>
Just use steroids.
It's fair because you already proved yourself but your body is being a dick, so juice up and force your body to do what you want.
>>
>>38215174
height and stats
>>
>>38215212
i haven't been to the doctor in over 10+ years.

I feel tired all the time. By 4-5pm Im falling asleep. I usually goto bed at around 8pm. I never well rested when I wake up either.
>>
>>38215174
what's your height/weight?
what's your routine ?
how much time do you spend at the gym ?
do you cardio ?
>>
you probly just train like a pussy, if your not sore your not going hard enough, heavy squats , ohp. deadlifts, bench all proven to work, man up and use more weight
>>
>>38215271
5'7, 84kg

press 70kg x 6
bench 100kg x 6
squat 120kg x 3
deadlift 150kg x 1
chinups bw x 12
>>
>>38215275

read here.
>>38215289

I also do 30-40 minutes of walking per day for fresh air.
>>
>>38215174
If you look like that after four years, you've either fucked up on your routines or your diet, or there's something wrong with your body. Like it's already been said, get your test levels checked.

>>38215236
Somatotypes such as 'mesomorphs' is pseudoscience.
>>
>>38215289
?? are you sure you're training well

those stats are incredibly low, not to mention you're fat
>>
>>38215314
oh yeah also whats with the fucked up rep numbers, hop on a proven program
>>
go back to SS and work your way up, your routine is shit
>>
>>38215289

How often?
>>
>>38215289
for those lifts I'd say you look big enough
>>
>>38215314

No one can tell me Ive trained wrong because I've done ALL the routines suggested over the last 4+ years.

>Full body (SS, a bunch of dif 5x5s, 3x5s)
>Upper/Lower (multiple dif U/Ls, like 5/3/1 etc)
>PPLxPPL (LPPxLPP), PPL/UP
>5 day brosplits

All of the above routines have had pretty much similiar results for me, nothing has stood out as having given better or worse gains. I have a feeling routine has nothing to do with my issue.

Right now I am on a 3/day FB because I'm at the point of giving up and lifting for as minimum days a possible. Why would I keep on lifting 5-6 days a week for equally as shit gains?

I'm especially pissed off today because I went and my squats were horrible, could barely get 100kg for 5, when squatted 120kg last week for 3.
>>
yea, u dont train hard enough, i hit more than those numbers at 158 lbs 2 years of training.
>>
>>38215272
Somethings definitely not right. Go to the doctor
>>
im 156 lbs 2 years of training and have better numbers than you, you arnt pushing yourself hard enough with weight. gl tho mate
>>
>>38215383
do you drink alcohol?
>>
>>38215241
Hey man.

Be honest with yourself. Are you prone to depression? If yes, get help. If maybe, get help. If no, proceed to next steps.

Sit down. Get a note book, or open a word doc.

Write down everything you desire.

Really think here. Not bullshit like fast car and hot girlfriend.

Write down ways to achieve what you want. Like ten ways for each thing.

Write down potential failure states you may encounter.

Write down ways to avoid those failure states.

ahh I cant be fucked to keep writing. Figure the rest out yourself
>>
>>38215383
Try Texas Method, also from what you've been saying something has definitely got to be wrong, go see a doctor.
>>
>>38215289
Dude you're low test. Go to the doc
>>
>>38215399
You wont believe me but I've never drunk alcohol in my life, not even a sip, never smoked a cig, never done a single drug. I grew up extremely sheltered and afraid of the world.
>>
make sure the last 1-2 sets of each exercise your going to failure, so your body is forced to adapt.
>>
>>38215383
no drugs, get enough sleep, EAT adequate amounts, reduce stress, actually stick to a program instead of flip flopping, maybe try higher weights because its always possible you could just be being a bitch

if you do all this and its still a problem go to an endocrinologist and tell them you're concerned you may have low test
>>
>>38215241
I'm in my mid 30s and look pretty much the same as you, but I actually enjoy the activity of lifting for my mental health more than anything.

DESU I don't think you look that bad, sure, it's not Zyzz physique but only Zyzz had that anyway.
>>
>>38215420
So I basically have to go to a doctor and get on start pinning myself, just to be average?

That's just great, really great. I haven't had a needle since last time I got a tetanus shot 15+ years ago.
>>
sounds like your a depressed little bitch, enjoy who you are. and pushing your limits is the whole point of working out. if u want to get big u lift big
>>
>>38215434
I don't take drugs or drink alcohol. And I don't even work (full time university), so I have no excuse for being tired.
>>
>>38215498
>just to be average?

you're above average.Bellow average for someone who has been going to the gym for 4 years, but still noticeably above average in relation to the rest of the male population.
>>
>>38215289
not great for 4years but all in all not horrible. just cut, eat clean and train in the 8-12 rep range for a while. you will make it anon...
>>
>>38215498
if youre gonna be sticking a needle in your ass one way or another, you might as well use enough test to put you above average.
>>
What are your lifts
>>
lol@ people telling him to just keep going.

That's 4 years, guys.

He has another good 4 years before he starts getting truly old and his body becomes even less accommodating to exercise.

He's not going to make it at this rate.
>>
>>38215314
wut? Its not that low. This is kg, not lbs. He isn't that far away from 1/2/3/4 actually. I rarely see people put up the lifts he does in the gym. Usually only the clearly roided up guys.
>>
>>38215542
I honestly don't know anyone thats been lifting 4 years with shit gains because generally they have half a brain and give up because they know whats good for them, like i should have learned, but autism stops me from quitting. If I wasnt so autistic and had some normieness and commonsense about me Id have prob quit after the first year.

>>38215555
Some say if you don't "make it" in the first 1-2 years, you'll never make it.

>>38215568
How often do you need to pin TRT? I've heard of some rub on lotion TRT, is that the same or is it dog shit?
>>
you think a 158 bench is high? my son his numbers are terrible.
>>
>>38215425
Stop spending all your time getting aesthetic, do some light jogging, curling, benching and get your bodyfat down, then start leaving your sheltered life. Get drunk, smoke weed, stay out at bars, go to festivals and get fucked up etc.
>>
>>38215649
In 1.5 years i'll be 30, it's too late for all the shit you just mentioned. Maybe if I was going on 20...maybe that could have been possible, but not now. People at my age have families/kids, they're not out getting drunk, high and taking party drugs at festivals.
>>
MUST WATCH:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHZIbAznkA
>>
>>38215639
what? his OHP is 154lbx6 his bench is 220lbx6
>>
>>38215613
Its not about making it, unless your a 19 year old virgin loner trying to turn his life around before university so he can finally be the Chad he always wanted to be. Its about staying fit and having a reasonable good physique with a healthy, strong body.
>>
I don't understand, if you're trying to look aesthetic then why are you so fat? Lose the fucking fat and you might look ok you dumb fatass
>>
>>38215661

You.... you're mentality is really, it's that of a depressed person with a lot of regrets. Stress may play a large part as to why you're not seeing any changes.
>>
>>38215677

It literally doesn't look like he lifts.

I was using "making it" as euphemism for "looking like he lifts."
>>
Sorry bruh you just have shitty genetics. Look how narrow your clavicles are compared to your hips. Just juice. That's the only way you'll be aesthetic
>>
>>38215690
I'm not stressed at all.

All i do is lift, go for random walks for fresh air, and do university full time.

I have no stress besides an assessment or exam here and there.

>inb4 why are u at uni at nearly 30.

ive got the opportunity to not have to work and just learning all the time instead.
>>
>>38215174
Willing to bet you've never actually eaten at a significant surplus in fear of getting fat

Start eating 3k+ a day, at least 150 grams protein, start raising those numbers and tell me you don't see gains.
>>
>>38215721

im 84kg at 5'7...you realize that's technically borderline obese for my height right?

my cousin is the same height as me and 50kg.
>>
>>38215721
he's fat though
>>
>>38215721
i also eat on average 180g protein a day
>>
>>38215766
see >>38215662
>>
meh you guys make out as if age is an excuse, i'll be 35 next year and i feel like i'm 21.
>>
> lifting while being white

Complete waste of time unless you're on roids
>>
>>38215704
How much juice? Is it going to fuck up my health?

I don't want to fuck my life up even more than it already is trying to obtain AVERAGE results.
>>
>>38215766

Are you sure it's quality stuff? A lot of cheap brands just flat out lie.

What brand?
>>
>>38215792
chicken, eggs, beef, tuna, basa, steak etc.

I don't really use protein powder unless I need to get in an extra 20-40g
>>
>>38215788
seriously if getting big is all you want then fucking do it already. you seem so focused on this one thing and depressed that you either give up now or start roiding. and no you wont be average with roids, you will surpass every natty out there with minimal effort. noone on roids is average... unless your idea of average or other roiders.
>>
>>38215792
also , ive seen those reports for protein sups, the brand didnt make a difference, they basically all under-dosed
>>
>>38215822
>. noone on roids is average

kek you don't know shit, tons of roiders out there are fucking mediocre, especially the fags who take orals
>>
>>38215822
It seems pointless.

I feel like if I roided, id end up as one of those

>roiding for this

memes.
>>
>>38215304
>I also do 30-40 minutes of walking per day for fresh air

useless. Jog instead. What are you, a fat 60 y-o man ?

Also, you didnt answer my question; what's your routine and how much time do you spend at the gym on average day ?
>>
>>38215736
Yes. I do. But youve neither cut significantly enough to get to skelly mode nor have you bulked enough to see significant strength gains regardless of your current bf. It's low enough hat you can get fatter and stronger without completely ruining your body for about another 25lb or so.

>>38215766
Good. Now add a fuck ton more calories on top of it. The way you reacted to the advice shows me it's something you've never tried. So do it for 3 months and report back
>>
>>38215828

Nah, they do all underdose a bit, but some are way, way worse and have almost no protein.

Optimum Nutrition is pretty legit. It's something like 90-95% of the protein they say is there. Which blows the competition out of the water.

Not that that matters in your case if you're just eating chicken, eggs, and beef.
>>
>>38215661
Like others have said, lose body fat to look and feel better about what you've accomplished in the gym. I'm 32 and just lost 30lbs over the summer. Have a visible 4 back and losing more body fat for the final two. Great Definition everywhere else. It

can be done.
>>
>>38215854
>Guys idk what to do
>Here's something you haven't tried
>Nah man that doesn't sound good despite never doing it
>what about this thing you never bothered with
>No way man that won't help even though i don't even know enough to get any results in 4 years

Stop talking yourself out of it. You're literally holding yourself back.
>>
>>38215865
>Also, you didnt answer my question; what's your routine and how much time do you spend at the gym on average day ?

I have answered your question. You act like I'm been running the same routine or something for 4+ years.

I've tried all the different routines promoted on here, from the scientifically proven routines, all the way to the other extreme of the broest bro splits.

Right now I am doing Full Body 3 times a week (M/W/F), mainly due to the fact my results on all the other routines have been equally as shit.

My routine is

Squats
Deads
Bench
Chins
Press
+accessories.
Usually 2hours or so.

Now that I've said that, don't come in here telling me to run 6 day PPL and train for 45min max, I've already done that, results are equally as shit and I refuse to lift 6 days a week for equally as shit results lol.
>>
>>38215889
this guy is right. OP your attitude is completely fucked and the problem you achieved nothing is probably because you always give up on everything instantly if it doesnt show results within a few weeks. also explains why you seemingly never really bulked or cut down to low bf% and why you have been apparently running every routine on /fit/ already. Maybe you should just go back to the basics and just stick with something that is known to work and give it your all instead of fucking around and giving up after a few weeks.
>>
>>38215788
No dude as long as you're not an idiot and run kali muscle amounts of juice you'll be good. Look you're already 30, your natural test looks like it's shit. It's going to get even shittier. As a matter of fact you could probably get on legit testosterone replacement therapy from your doctor and you're golden. Even low doses of test will give you a better physique then 95% of the gym goers.
>>
>>38215285
>not sore
>not working hard

Spotted the DYEL.
>>
I'm not sure if I'm low test or I never took the gym serious enough but I've been going for 3 years and my lifts are fucking pathetic
>>
Did you forget to drink the milk?
>>
>>38215953
Guaranteed you just never did anything right.

This is the same buklshit as niggers on the biggest loser. Can't fucking lose weight in their own because they dug themselves into a hole and don't k ow enough to get themselves out of it. Then here comes this personal trainer that literally tells you what to do, when to do it, what to eat, and boom, fatty deleted.

Works the same way in reverse.
>>
Op won't get put on TRT you morons. The average person on the street would think op is jacked, as would any doctor. His stats are shit for our standards, aswell as his bodyfat is high for our standards, but for normie/doctor standards op is strong and built. I repeat, not being i the top 1% of strenght makes you TRT worthy.
>>
>>38215978
...don't they all gain their weight back in a year?
>>
OP, did you add weight everytime doing Starting Strength?
>>
>>38216000
Fucking phone, I mean NOT being in the top 1% of strenght level doesn't mean you need TRT.
>>
>>38215870
are you looking at the same guy as me in the OP? he's not a skinny guy. Quit giving him shitty info you retard.

OP don't listen to this guy unless you want definitely get fatter
>>
>>38215289
You think that's bad? I'm the poster child for T-Rex mode:

OHP 100lb x10
Bench 125 lb x 5
Squat 500 lb x 5
Deadlift 250 lb x 5
Chinups bw x 3
>>
What are you surprised about OP? This is what natty lifting is like.
>>
>>38216026
>500 lb squat
>250 lb deadlift

shit, son, with long arms and short thighs like that, you're a gorilla.
>>
I'm 16 months at it and already starting to burn out. In 4 years I'll be 30 just like OP and I fear I will end up with similar results.
>>
>>38215383
So you didn't pick one and did that one continuesly ?
>>
>>38216139
>Doing the same routine for 4 years

stop
>>
File: 1470261721494.jpg (71KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1470261721494.jpg
71KB, 803x688px
>>38215174
Do you even cardio?
>>
>>38216139
Yes.

Full Body - 6 months
Split - 6 months
PPLPPL - 1 year

^first 2 years

Upper/Lower - 6 months
Upper/Lower(5-3-1) 6 months
PPLPPL - 1 year

^second 2 years

Now im back on Full Body since 3 months ago.
>>
Naybe focus less on aestheticism and numbers and try to enjoy exercise instead
>>
>>38216157
everyday for heart health.

>>38216127
Post a picture, and I'll be able to tell if you'll end up like me or not, it's not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>38216155
Doing Full body (SS, a bunch of dif 5x5s, 3x5s)
>Upper/Lower (multiple dif U/Ls, like 5/3/1 etc)
>PPLxPPL (LPPxLPP), PPL/UP
>5 day brosplits
in 4 years.

You stop.
>>
>>38216183
Do you at least enjoy going to the gym and work out ?
>>
>>38216227
I use to.

Not so much now, since I woke up from my delusion and realised I've pretty wasted my time.

Now the question is whether I keep going, in order to maintain these pathetic results, or just stop all-together.
>>
I was like you, lifted for 3-4 years with mediocre gains even though I was obsessed with getting aesthetic. Even your lifts are almost the same as mine was, heck you even look the same as I did. I tried EVERY program out there.

Listen to what I have to say here, ignore the others because you'll get nothing but "try gomad and madcow" regurgitated 'advice', I've been in your shoes.

>Being sedentary and using 600mg testosterone per week is 2x as effective for gains as lifting, this is proven with studies
You shouldn't take lifting very seriously because you could have more gains from just pinning test for some months than if you trained hard for 30 years. 95% of the bodybuilders you see on social media are roiding, it's impossible to compete without it.

>You have a decent amount of mass but you are too fat
Being lean is everything. I always bulked and was fat like you, it renders the whole point of lifting useless because you look like shit anyway. Your body will look better and your FACE will look much better. Bulking is a SCAM, you won't unlock some secret gains. It's a fucking SCAM okay? The amount of mass you can hold naturally is not much (like 15-20lbs), you don't need to bulk to get that mass.

>Your genetics are unfavorable for strength and size
Your genetics aren't useless but definitely a bit below average. Being big and strong is not for you, accept that. Im the exact same as you. That being said, you could still look decent IN THE REAL WORLD if you were lean, forget about the internet, its filled with roided up morons, genetic freaks and liars.
>>
[2/3]

>Stop being obsessed with strength
I was absolutely obsessed with strength because I believed that I would get big if I got to a 3 plate bench or some other arbitrary number. I believed this with every single ounce of my heart. My brother was always skinny, I saw him return from the military one day. His arms had grown alot, probably was even at their genetic potential. Probably was even bigger than mine. All he did was fucking pushups. Meanwhile I dedicated my entire soul to the gym and could bench 2 plates for reps. You don't have to lift heavy to grow.

>I know you feel very depressed and inferior now due to your failings at the gym
I was like you, I know how you feel. Getting big is all you want and you cannot attain that goal. This might sound fucked to you, but I advice you to quit the gym now and take a break for at least 6 months. I believe that the single best thing you can do right now for your mental health is to forget about the gym. And you will. When you see someone squat 5plates atg, something that once meant the entire world to you, it will be something that you don't give a fuck about. Quit the gym for now, give yourself a break after all those anguishing years. Start eating less and lean out while you're at it, being lean is everything.

>When you do return to the gym, change your attitude completely
Your goal will no longer be to become huge, but simply train because because having some muscle > being skinny. Don't take it too seriously, we are only talking about ~15lbs of muscle here. Stop caring about the numbers, consider just doing bodyweight exercises, at least for the upper body. Train like those brosplit faggots that you used to look down upong for lifting barbie weights
>>
File: iZWg0.gif (760KB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
iZWg0.gif
760KB, 2544x1850px
OP, abstain from lifting from 3 months and just do cardio in that period
In those 3 months by or pirate Starting Strength the.book and actually fucking read it and do the program exactly how it's prescribed
Do an hormonal check too
After 3 or even 6, 12 months start again with Starting Strength
I.repeat you must read the fucking book
Then, pic related
Don't do.bullshit like your last workout
Folllw the instruction, do progressive overload every day until.you become intermediate
We're all gonna make ot
>>
If you drop lifting you'll lose practically all your gains in a matter of 6 months and feel like an even bigger wasteful piece of shit than now. People will likely treat you differently, especially women.
By all means do it and see that I was right.
>>
>>38215289
Why do you have good presses but abysmal squat and dead?
>>
[3/3]

The difference between you and me is that I messed myself up in the joints because I pushed myself with strength training, even though I'm fragile and wasn't meant to lift heavy weights. My knees are messed up, my shoulders are so messed up that I'll never do a bench press anymore.
I'm skinny now, I've lost all my mass. I'm trying out exercising again now because having some mass > being skinny. Heavy lifting is something I'll never do again in my life. All I'm concerned with now is finding a way of training that I can do for the rest of my life. What I was doing previously was completely unsustainable and bound to end up with injuries.
>>
File: l6JjHps.png (26KB, 1187x846px) Image search: [Google]
l6JjHps.png
26KB, 1187x846px
>>38216293
>>38216317
>>38216338
>>
>>38216256

Okay, fuck you OP. I've spoonfed you all the advice I could give, but if you're gonna be a depressed little bitch, then yeah give up.

It's pointless for you to go on.
>>
>>38216293
>>38216317
>>38216338

So basically what you're saying is I should just go on a 5 day a week bro-split and just do each muscle group once a week, and just do easy-mode light weight lifts and just stop worrying about trying to get stronger/bigger etc? and just focus on diet and leaning out, and be happy with whatever size I am left with so long as I am lean?
>>
>>38216391
This post just confirmed you as a troll. You went in a little too hard m8
>>
>>38216391
Don't listen to him, he's a retard

>>38216320
Do this
You trained in a bad way to begin with.and you changed your routines like a retard
>>
>>38216329
I don't know. My lower body strength is very random. Sometimes I can squat 2.5 plates, sometimes I can barely squat 2 plates.

Deadlifts are the same, sometimes 3+ plates is easy, then other time I struggle to do 2.5 plates.

Upper body is the same, but the variation in strength dropping/increasing isn't as much.
>>
>>38216414
wat?

>>38216417
How did I train in a bad way?

...read
>>38216183
>>
>>38216008
Not all of them. But that in itself is just proof that it's conditioned into them. Without inner dedication they just fall back into old habits.
>>
>>38216025
He's not fucking fat, this board is just dysmorphic as fuck.
>>
File: 1408296426865.jpg (47KB, 564x317px) Image search: [Google]
1408296426865.jpg
47KB, 564x317px
>>38215174
>Honestly would you still be lifting if you did it for over 4 years and turned out like me? Probably not, you would have given up a long time ago.

You realise that everyone who looks good is either super autistic about their training, or does roids (more likely)
>>
>>38216438
You did not read the book describing the programs you did,.nor the scientific studies about.bodybuilding
And you probably have low test
Trust me, stop lifting for a few, research better, do cardio, read Starting Strength and then begin lifting again doing Starting Strength with a progressive overload as the book.describes (no GOMAD, Rippettoe is not an expert in.nutrition)
After you.quickly reach.intermediate lifts (you can.see them in the sticky) go for an.intermediate program, like Texas Method or De Franco's built like a badass
Read books about those programs before and while doing them
>>
>>38215498
Or you can just fucking die, what do you want to hear man? You got dealt a shit hand. Face it, it's not going to get better,it's not unless you do something about it. Do you want to get better? If so you must even the odds. The sooner you realize it's not fucking fair the better. So you are left with a choice, are you gonna do whatever it takes or are you just gonna pout and shit all over the rest of this board?
>>
>>38215174
Just cut heavy for four months and you'll look pretty good, stop comparing yourself with 'youtube natties'.
>>
>>38216391

Yes. Lose the weight, do easy mode training at the gym. You'll be lean and have some mass, be happy with that. Stop browsing everything that is related to lifting weights, find something other to put your mind on.
>>
File: oirhvf32.jpg (185KB, 1000x1000px)
oirhvf32.jpg
185KB, 1000x1000px
>>38215272
stupid fucker lmao

why the hell haven't you done something about it yet?
>>
>>38215246
>It's fair
what the fuck? Why is steroids unfair in any condition if you are not competting?
>>
>>38216530
>You did not read the book describing the programs you did,.nor the scientific studies about.bodybuilding

mfw I actually did LOL.

I hate to say it, but I don't feel like my case is rare, most people in the gym I see look the same year round, even worse than me. At least I've made at least some gains, most people I see in the gym never make any gains and look the same year round (similiar to whats been happening to me lately)

I wonder how many poor souls are on here getting started into lifting who are expecting a bare minimum zyzz tier results, that would only end up looking like me, or worse lol.

Oh well, I guess I could have been born in some shitty 3rd world country so I guess life isn't that bad.

I think it's time I just accept the fact I'll never look like what I had imagined, being aesthetic etc.

I think Im going to go old man tier lifting style from now on, just easy shit, and put that energy/focus big time on keeping diet in check.
>>
>>38216660
because autism
>>
>>38216663
Just fucking cut you dumb shit, what did honestly expect,that you would look like the hulk after two year of training?
>>
>>38215174
You have 2 options OP either just stop lifting or start roiding. You look DYEL senpai and I think its hilarious how small you are not to mention you are a manlet. I got bigger then you in 3 months lifting when I was NATTY.
Im roiding now and the gains are amazing and it also makes you feel great and look forward to the gym everyday. I started roiding because I play sports and I want to surpass my goals and roids help greatly.
You don't seem dedicated at all so I just suggest you stop lifting you don't even enjoy the gym, your diet sucks, your lifts suck, and your body sucks maybe lifting is just not for you. If you really want to make gains and want to be dedicated to lifting then just roid, or just stop lifting stop wining like a pussy.
>>
>>38216663

People on this forum are like fucking insane cult members. You have lifted for 4 years and people here still tell you to do SS and that you don't lift hard enough. Truth is, the program barely even matters. You've been on everything recommended out there, did it even make a damn difference?
>>
>>38216684
I will be, despite people always saying not to bother cutting without x lifts

>>38216696
You make roids sound like a magic fix, are you exaggerating the effects, like how blaha does?
>>
>>38216733
>You make roids sound like a magic fix,

Everyone you look up to is on steroids.
>>
>>38216711
Nah it hasn't, my results in terms of size/mass/aesthetics have been pretty much identical on no matter what routine Ive ran.
>>
File: safe_image-5663c0.jpg (18KB, 342x392px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image-5663c0.jpg
18KB, 342x392px
>>38216745
Well....
>>
>>38215174
>proper routines
>My lifts are also horrible

>thinks routine is all that matters

add weight to the bar you pussy, and eat for your goals. The routine is the least important part of lifting.
>>
>>38216779
anyways, what kind of shit program doesn't incorporate progressive overload into it? If you aren't following the weight increase scheme then you aren't doing the program
>>
File: 243.png (106KB, 680x414px) Image search: [Google]
243.png
106KB, 680x414px
>>38216663
What about giving us a timestamp you low-tier troll
Otherwise go back to fucking lookism/r9k, manlet
>>
>>38215174
im realy fucking late to the party and im sure someones already said this but OP you are fat as fuck. Drop to 12% and tell me you dnt look like a beast
>>
>>38216733
>You make roids sound like a magic fix, are you exaggerating the effects, like how blaha does?
Yes and no
Technically you can get bigger then a natty lifter with perfect diet, genetics, and routine by just staying home jacking off and eating doritos HOWEVER you would be retarded not to lift on steroids. Gains come fast but you still need to work hard to get a great body in a speedy time.
The side effects of steroids are extremely overhyped because the government doesn't want athletes using them.
If you work hard and eat well you will be amazed by your results but you will not become a body builder unless you abuse huge doses and years of training. It will make the average person aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>38215272
Here watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS-SkALrMN8&feature=youtu.be&t=49m20s

Or watch the whole thing.
>>
>>38216779
>implying that hasnt been the literal main thing ive done with training since day 1

Do you think I was OHPing 70kg on day 1 or something or deadlift 150kg on day 1?

No, I worked up there slowly overtime by adding weight to the bar. The only reason its not higher is due to times of me going int and having to regress the weight because one week I could do the weight, then the next week I couldnt. As I just said last friday I squat 120kg for 3 reps fairly easily, then today (monday) i had trouble squatting 100kg for 6.

My strength progress hasn't been consistent once I hit 100kg+ squat, same with when OHP hit 60kg+ and deadlift hit 140kg. Ever since hitting around those numbers progressive overload has felt extremely hard and half the time Im yoyoing back and forth.
>>
>>38216819
Im natty and bigger then most roiders you people are cheating scum that shouldent be alowed in a gym
>>
File: 1432758978299.png (460KB, 730x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432758978299.png
460KB, 730x1080px
>op finds out natty lifting is a farce

surprise!
>>
File: Photo on 8-08-2016 at 11.09 am.jpg (157KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 8-08-2016 at 11.09 am.jpg
157KB, 1080x720px
>>38216808
ok
>>
>>38217036
Kill yourself, I'm not falling for that
>>
>>38215174
You just aren't actually lifting senpai. You're doing bullshit 30 minute 2 set workouts and calling it a day cuz you're tired and then repeating that shit 2-3 times a week
You need to actually commit to this shit to see better results
Source: i did the same fuckin thing when i started
>>
>>38217167
Op is a troll
>>
>>38217167
Nah, I actually think I've trained maybe too much, maybe overkilling every work out and never deloading has gone me here.

Everytime Ive tried a deload I end up feeling like I havent done enough and push more,
>>
File: Photo on 8-08-2016 at 11.27 am.jpg (199KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 8-08-2016 at 11.27 am.jpg
199KB, 1080x720px
>>38217177
how am i a troll?
>>
>>38215241
Hey man, only 50% of people are above average. You're not even close, so take solace in the fact that you are better than at least 15% of the people. Kys, now go be a bitch somewhere else.
>>
>>38215174
Have you tried high volume training? Don't give up!
>>
>>38215174
Didn't read your blog but that picture... If that is you, please start lifting.
>>
I thought lifting is supposed to increase tesr. How can someone lift and be still low test? What are the causes? Simple defects in the body?
>>
>>38218634
OP doesn't have low test. He wouldn't be able to bench 100kg if he had low test or do a single chin-up let alone 12.

The reality is most people just aren't going to look really big and muscular and aesthetic. Go to any gym in the world right now, the vast majority of people you see in there will be skinny/skinnyfat/builtfat, with the occasional jacked guy whose been lifting for 15 years with steroids.
>>
>>38215174
Your routine & diet are shit. It doesn't take rocket science to figure this out.
>>
>eat like a retard
>train like a retard
>wonders why he still looks like shit after 4 years
>>
been lifting 5 years with shit results too op. got my testosterone checked, its around 600 ng/dl which is sort of average.

ive seen guys like us post before: we get chewed out by guys who have never had to deal with sub par genetics for getting aesthetic or strong (the guys who get a 3 plate squat within a couple months of SS)

yes, you probably will never be a 10/10 physique, but dont quit. You can still be better than your average guy who doesnt lift at all, as well as be more attractive and stronger than other guys with shit genes who dont work as hard.

hang in there bro
>>
If you look that bad after lifting for 4 years, imagine how shit you'd be if you didn't lift for those 4 years.
>>
>>38215635
>Some say if you don't "make it" in the first 1-2 years, you'll never make it.
/fit/ meme talk inspired by miring people on gear, your stats are decent you just need to cut and get some self confidence.

Forget the "making it" meme, if you enjoy bodybuilding, continue. If it brings you down this much, give it up, but don't do that to yourself mayn, you've got more in you
>>
>>38216025
>le fat meme
DYEL detected
>>
>>38215174
as everyone else said, it's medical condition - either test, or any other stuff, such as low iron (check your ferritin levels), low zinc (just try megadose), kidney / liver problems (basic med tests are dirt-cheap and can detect such stuff). I'm not sure why you think it's smart to not visit the doctor after 4 years of nogains, but it's your life, man.
>>
>>38220991
oh, and your lifts are decent, I mean, they are higher than 99,9% of population, just cut a little and your body may be at the top 1%. They are low for this body dysmorphia board, but in the real life they are OK. They are higher than mine, and I get mires all the time. Then again, I am not fat.
>>
>>38220991
fuck-around-atitis is not a real medical condition
op is an idiot
>>
>>38221031
Maybe, maybe not. There's this line:

> I feel tired all the time. By 4-5pm Im falling asleep. I usually goto bed at around 8pm. I never well rested when I wake up either.

For me it sounds like some kind of medical condition. Maybe as harmless as magnesium deficiency, maybe it;s consequence of lifestyle (fapping to traps 5 times a day), maybe more serious stuff.
>>
The sad part is OP could look pretty damn aesthetic if he just cut off like 10-15%+ bodyfat (he looks 25%)
>>
File: idiot.png (1MB, 1058x790px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.png
1MB, 1058x790px
>>38215174
I TOLD YOU THIS SHIT ON R9K ALREADY

JUST FUCKING CUT BODYFAT

See that fatso pic? I look weaker there right? I actually have more muscle there. The skinnier pics are from some time ago when I was more cut and I look stronger and more "aesthetic" simply because I have less bodyfat.

JUST CUT DOWN IF YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD

LIFT

EAT A DEFICIT

DO SOME CARDIO

DONT FUCKING LISTEN TO /FIT/
>>
>>38221148
bro why does your chest look so sad
>>
>>38221148
Btw. I am vegetarian/nearly vegan. So when it comes to eating meat and shit don't listen to /fit/ either. Most people here don't know shit.
>>
>>38221175
Genetics. I have a chest gap. I get legit titties when I bulk up. GF thinks its funny.
>>
>>38215289
hahahahahah
>>
>>38221201
what's so funny? are you autistic?
>>
>>38221176
There's your problem, you aren't gaining muscle because your diet is protein deficient
>>
>>38221325
What. I am not OP. I am the guy that collage of pictures the post you responded to is referencing. I'd say for normal people standards I have a decent amount of muscles.
>>
>>38215174
...what are your PRs on bench/squat/deadlift?
>>
I look like that and I only started lifting 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>38215289
Wtf? I'm 5'7 but weigh 74kg and have similar lifts as you after 2 years of training, actually I can squat more and deadlift a lot more.
>>
>>38221714
You ohp your BW for 6 reps? That would be insane for only two years. Post vid. You should maybe consider lifting competitively as well
>>
>>38215174
Better to have something than lose it all. At the very least maintain what little gains you have.
>>
i want to give you the benefit of the doubt but all i read was the male version of female logic pertaining to general fitness.
>>
>>38215174
>he thinks lifting for aesthetics is viable as a natty

Give me a fucking break faggot. You're weak because you kept program hopping and i bet you train like a bitch anyways.

I refuse to believe there are genetic dead ends like some people claim to be.
>>
>>38215174
Isn't it obvious? Just cut.
>>
>>38221148
nice bulge, bro. no homo.

asian small bulge tier here.
>>
go back to starting strength.

get your strength up, op.
>>
>>38221796
But I do. I eat taco bell at least twice a week and usually go to applebee's with friends on fridays for half off apps. I count my calories and never consume more than I have burned that day. I program hop because it is kool.
>>
>>38221772
Yeah everything besides OHP. I can do one plate only for singles. But the rest is about the same.
>>
>>38221865
You can bench 100kg with proper form for 6 reps at 74kg BW? Feel free to post a vid of that as well. That would still be a pretty good lift for that light of a person.

>>38221800
Thanks. The D is pretty average though.
>>
>>38215289
5'7" at these numbers with that body? i think you might be e-statting, opie.
>>
>>38221894
Or his form might be shit. I see plenty of people at my gym quartersquatting, pushpressing, halfbenching and acting as if those were strict lifts. Egolifting is pretty bad for actual progress.
>>
>>38221889
I can 95kg 1x5
>>
>>38221946
Neat. Got any vids of any of any of your lifts?
>>
>Have absolute shit genetics for lifting
>Have test levels of two breeding bulls in one body
>Make very good progress though, massive back, arms, shoulders, lower body except for fucking traps and chest
>Look dyel as fuck in that area
>Don't care, got 16,5inch guns

Blog post
>>
>>38217036
Really? You look fine. Just need to cut a bit
>>
These 4 years of lifting.. would you say you had your mind in check? You weren't worried or depressed about a certain something? Seems to me your mental gains were lacking or blocked.. there has got to be something that's been holding you these past 4+ years
>>
>>38215272
Depression brah
See a GP
>>
>>38215174
Reading all of what you have said just doesnt add up!?
im 9 weeks in lifting, complete Newbie
6'2
88kg
your press n bench are far better than mine but dead n squat are hell low

Definitely just cut my dudes, and see a doctor
>>
>>38215174
Just start cutting and do more cardio fatty?
>>
Just take some time off OP, come back and faithfully follow SS (or 531 boring but big) with tons of patience. Don't slack on the cardio, eat healthy and just let your body transform in it's own way. Dont aim for other's physiques, just aim to be the strongest and leanest you can be.
>>
>>38221192
Your gf is an insensitive whore. Keep that bitch in check .
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.