[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep motivation when you realize that existence is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

How do you keep motivation when you realize that existence is a meme and no matter what you do your body will betray you and decay into nothingness?
>>
Discipline
>>
because its fun anon
>>
>>38154263
might as well look juicy as fuck, get admired, and feel like I achieved some shit before I go
>>
Camus' version of absurdism, for the most part. The fact that you will be defeated by death is why you must sculpt your body as an extension of your will in the little time you have. While defeat is inevitable, we must imagine Sisyphus as happy.

For /fit/ - "before a man can be an existentialist, he must first be a man"
>>
>>38154263
This>>38154282
We all know (or should) that everything is useless in the long run. So we might as well have fun while we are here. I don't know what's after this, so at least I want to enjoy this one.

>>38154294
Camus is the most depressing piece of shit there ever was. Literally built his thesis around suffering childs. If he were alive today he would be your average vegan. So the next time you try to come here thinking that everyone here is a tard, you might as well go and post that exact same shit at /his/ and I'll fight you on proper ground you "I read a couple of quotes" noob little shit. Now fuck off dyel.
>>
>>38154294
>>38154282
>>38154273
These three anons really encapsulate the answer.

I can have fun lifting while also learning how to control and better myself. In the end, you can take everything but my body.

>>38154284
Also this. Live fast. Die young. Leave a fuccin joocy corpse. Or, ya know, grow old and be healthier than anyone else.

>>38154362
Relax
>>
Just because I won't be in this reality forever doesn't mean I should settle for a shameful body that makes me feel like shit about myself.
>>
>>38154362
>Literally built his thesis around suffering childs

But that's wrong, you fucking retard.

You thinking of Buddah by some chance? Because your little rant has no nothing to do with Camus or existentialism, that says suffering is meaningless.
>>
>>38154407
>If god exists why do kids suffer
Read more faggot
>>
>>38154440

>implying existentialism claims god exists

dear god, the stupid is too much. You seem to be confused, I recommend killing yourself.
>>
>>38154455
If god exists, and he brings rules, he needs his subject to fully understand the rules he gives, else they can not be hold responsible. So if god exists, and imposes the rules on childs, he is not god, hence, he does not exists.

There, a summary, a simple version for your simple mind.
>>
>>38154455
Different anon but existentialism doesn't directly rule out the existence of external entities such as God.
>>
>>38154491
who the fuck says that God necessarily bestows rules, the church? You are a narrow minded shill.
>>
>>38154491

Uhhhh right dipshit, I'm should be wondering why you're confusing Epicurus with Camus, but I really don't give a shit. Keep on fucking that chicken though!
>>
>>38154510
by definition the idea of god means rules what are you talking about anon? Do you even theology?
>>
>>38154563
No man. The existence of God and the idea that he sets rules, governs, or even gives a shit about us are not mutually exclusive. "Rules" are just imposed by popular religions to steer sheep in the right direction, and no real evidence concludes that these rules have basis upon God's own will.
>>
>>38154622
But anon, the idea of god is that it is all mighty, and whatever it thinks becomes real. So if he wants farts at noon it becomes a natural law. The concept of god implyies the supreme ultimate wish, so in a (lab) world where you and I exist and there's also god, the fact that you and I can post is because of god allowes it. Toynbee based his whole history of the world around this idea, btw, I'm not just shitposting. Give it a couple of thoughts and it makes sense within the logic of the existence of god. This btw has nothing to do with paganism, in particular with the nordic kind that is based on territory and landmarks. I'm talking pure ideas and logic, theology. The idea of a god excludes the existence of others.
>>
File: 1439157033534.jpg (55KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1439157033534.jpg
55KB, 480x608px
>>
>not using that to your advantage and losing all your inhibition when you talk to people

at least that's what I did, I fear nothing anymore, something just clicked and all the social anxiety and shit that comes with it just faded away, almost feel like a sociopath (tips fedora)
>>
>>38154735

This. You must confront your own end, but also then you are liberated from your own fear.

Nothing is worse than death, and you are doomed to it already. There is nothing that you must fear. All is permitted.
>>
File: ToElysium.png (41KB, 1319x489px) Image search: [Google]
ToElysium.png
41KB, 1319x489px
>>
>>38154263
Well, what I did was I eventually fell asleep, then I got up and got ready to go to school and wonder if I'd still feel the same way when I turned 14.

Grow up.
You put that silly bullshit aside and find something to do with your fucking life.
>>
>>38154501

Meh - absurdism at least rules out both an afterlife and a God with any interest in human affairs. At which point the term "God" for anything else becomes pretty abstract and meaningless.
>>
I stop being 16 and actually do nihilism right

Try embracing the wonderful reality that we all die, that there will be nothing, and exercise giving fewer and fewer fucks the closer you approach the threshold between your lie-saturated mortality and the end

:)
>>
>>38154546
You're wasting your time arguing with an idiot.

You're basically on point. It's funny I come across you guys talking about absurdism and existentialism. Been having that a lot more lately. I was reading about that last night.

It's almost as if the universe purposely made me read your posts because they definitely helped me.
>>
>>38155229

Nah, much like 4chan there's no purpose or reason to the universe. But there is the narrative you construct for yourself, and this is part of it.

That's the strong part of existentialism, and why I don't understand how people say it's dreary. We are the only thing that is not the void, and responsible to ourselves to make something of our lives.
>>
If the temporary nature of your existence makes you unmotivated, then you are doing absolutely everything wrong.

That concept should be the spark in your mind that tells you "Hey, nothing lasts forever, so why not make the time that I do have worthwhile"

Why are you sitting on your ass browsing a Barbadian home decor enthusiast image board, wasting the time that you do have, when you could be doing shit that you want to do.

Leave something behind that leaves an impact on someone, you selfish prick
>>
>>38154263
By not listening to faggots like you.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.