[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the best option to fix a dislocating shoulder and torn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: OrthoRepair-PRP[1].jpg (21KB, 400x255px) Image search: [Google]
OrthoRepair-PRP[1].jpg
21KB, 400x255px
what is the best option to fix a dislocating shoulder and torn labrum?

ive heard that shoulder surgery is a hit or miss; mostly because theres a chance you lose alot of mobility and it might not even tighten up your shoulder from further dislocations.

is PRP worth it or just a sham?

what options are there for a bad shoulder that dislocates in certain situations?
>>
bumping for interest, newfag here who probably has a fucked up rotator cuff
>>
the only advice I've ever heard for something that frequently dislocates is to strengthen the muscles around it

t. several dislocated kneecaps, told to strengthen quads
>>
>>38151548

PRP is like an experimental thing, isn't it? Idk. If it's not to expensive you could try it. I don't think it could make things any worse.
>>
My dad uses PRP on his fucked up knees, he says it pretty much makes his completely destroyed, surgery ready knees feel perfect for a few days and then they're just as fucked as before.

Luckily he destroyed his knees while getting rich as fuck so he can afford $900 shots to his knees every week
>>
>>38151548
>ive heard that shoulder surgery is a hit or miss; mostly because theres a chance you lose alot of mobility and it might not even tighten up your shoulder from further dislocations

Who the fuck told you this?

Labrum repair has over a 90% success rate arthroscopically and even higher if you do open surgery. It's the closest you get to a good as new shoulder. You lose maybe a few degrees of ROM in ER
>>
>>38152988
>Who the fuck told you this?
anecdotal reports i guess. ppl on reddit and alternative forums that advocate igf1 site injections
>>
>>38153008
>anecdotal reports i guess. ppl on reddit and alternative forums that advocate igf1 site injections

Not sure which retard told you this but it's totally incorrect.

Read pubmed about shoulder stabilization surgery and orthopedic websites about it.

>What is the success rate?
The success rate for a Labral repair ranges from 85 to 95%. The goal is to achieve a shoulder with no pain for lifting, throwing, or overhead activity.

>Arthroscopic labral repair is a widely performed and safe technique for anterior or posterior shoulder instability; however, complications have been reported in the literature. Postoperative injection of local anesthetic via an intra-articular pain pump should be avoided to prevent chondrolysis of the glenohumeral joint. Postoperative stiffness of the shoulder can be treated with physiotherapy, and a surgical treatment is indicated in shoulders that failed a conservative treatment. Although nerve injury is relatively rare, the axillary nerve should be given careful attention. Recurrent shoulder instability is the most common complication after labral repair, but most reported rates of recurrent instability after arthroscopic Bankart repair are less than 10 %.
>>
>>38151548
Do surgery mate, a torn labrum simply won't heal on its own. I partially tore my labrum ~4.5 years ago and it still hasn't recovered fully even after PT, I wish I could've gotten the surgery right away but my family couldn't afford it. I've been making decent gains but really struggle with certain lifts because of my shoulder, and still have occasional pain and difficulty sleeping, hopefully will be getting the surgery done this winter.
>>
Echoing the people who say a labrum tear won't heal on its own. I had a bad impression of the surgery success rate, but apparently I was wrong.

IIRC, Mumford procedures are also pretty good and fairly easy to recover from. Rotator cuff soft tissue repairs are quite a bit tougher, I'm told.

Useful video on cuff repairs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFt0IECBwdo
>>
>>38153187
oh shit, this might be whats wrong with me, its a bitch to sleep cause my shoulder. What does it feel like daily?
>>
>>38153270
The easiest tests for shoulder injuries, and particularly labrum injuries are the cup tests(also you can find plenty of these on YouTube). Stick the possibly injured arm straight out in front of you, orient your palm as if you were holding a cup of water, and push down on it. Repeat for holding a cup horizontal, and for pouring the cup out. If I try and do the pouring cup test it feels like somebody is digging a knife into my shoulder, yet I can do things like OHP just fine, it's a strange injury. If you have serious pain see a physical therapist about it, and don't seek advice on a peruvian canoe enthusiasts board
>>
>>38153270
>>38153342
And as far as day to day pain is concerned it doesn't hurt very much outside of general discomfort, but that's because I do physical therapy exercises for it every other day which, like I said before, isn't completely enough and won't make it heal. I highly recommend the surgery if you want to be able to lift without pain
>>
i fucke up my rotator years ago. just dont do shit with your shoulder. if it hurts to lift your arm above your head after like a week or two you dun fucked up hard and need surgery

if a week or two goes by and your starting to move your arm around with less pain its probably not that serious. but i didnt bench press for a few months. i mean MONTHS.

you can get this bullshit shot. i think its just a steroid that gives your tendons a little quick boost. but in the end if you tore your rotator youre gunna need surgery

i mean mines fine. it gets sore every now and then if i do something stupid without warming up. but my injury happened like. maybe 4-5 years ago and i hardly have any pain

compared to my shitty ankle sprain that happened during a basketball game my fucking ankle hurts like almost every fucking day for a moment. i have full range of motion and full strength but its still sore on daily basis. in like a year or two ima get a doctor to get the scar tissue out and fix it up
>>
>>38151548
bump have a torn labrum
>>
>>38153342
>>38153387
Shits so inconvenient. Thanks for the insight bros
>>
>>38153402
>you can get this bullshit shot
Cortisone. It's an anti-inflammatory catabolic steroid. It's good for pain, but very bad for tissue integrity. I recommend against it.
>>
>>38151548
strengthening all RC muscles as well as the traps lats and other back muscles.

torn labrum options are surgery most likely
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.