[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/. Skinnyfag here. I decided that for the next five years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: O4ebyhH.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
O4ebyhH.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
Hey /fit/. Skinnyfag here. I decided that for the next five years I would dedicate myself to getting ripped. (I will turn 23 in a couple of months).

Before I start building muscle I'm getting rid of my bellyfat, which I got this winter and is really limiting my physical capability. I have already lost like 7 kilos in the past 3 months. I run like 3-5 times a week and do pushups daily. I run (as) fast (as I can), I don't like that jogging shit, that's for middleaged women imo.

Anyway. The reason I turned to /fit/ is that I have no experience in gaining muscle mass. There is a lot of information on the internet, but a lot of it is "OMG GET RIPPED IN 3 WEEKS" bullshit. I'm looking for real advice.

Like is there even a point in hitting the gym in the beginning? Or should I stick to pushups until I can do like 100 of them in one go?

Also feel free to share any good material on getting started with bodybuilding.
>>
>>38149166
We have a really great piece of material for you. It's called the sticky. Read it.
>>
>>38149166
pick the gym way (PPL) or the callisthenics way.
if you decide to work out at home you'll need a pullup bar and a pair of dumbbells or a resistance band.
your main exercises will be squats,pushups,pullups,dips and planks.
you will use the dumbbells or the resistance band for curls,shrugs and overhead press.
good luck.
>>
>>38149166
The sticky has all the information that you need in order to attain any type of fitness lifestyle. Read it until you understand everything in there. It's the most competent resource available on 4chan.
>>
>>38149196
>>38149272
Yea thanks. I'm reading it as we speak.
>>38149234
I plan on lifting in the gym in the future, but I don't see the point of getting a gym membership before I'm able to do a decent in bodyweight exercises that you mentioned.
>>
>>38149338
>I plan on lifting in the gym in the future, but I don't see the point of getting a gym membership before I'm able to do a decent in bodyweight exercises that you mentioned.
good,start working out at home for a few months,and when you can comfortably do 30 bodyweight squats ass to gras,50 strict pushups,10 strict dead hang pullups and 25 bodyweight dips go sign up at a gym.
keep in mind you can use a bag stuffed with heavy things to add weight to pullups and such.
>>
>>38149166
If you like running fast and you want to lose fat, do sprints.
>>
Invest in the gym. It gets you out of the house, you meet people (or at least stare at them awkwardly), it hurts your wallet so you have more incentive to go, and you can ask for help, see how excercises are done properly etc.

No harm in doing your own stuff at home.
>>
>>38149371
I have been doing 2mile (3.2km) runs for the past month.

The first time I timed myself was 4th of july. The time was 17:20. Today my time was 16:55.
I'm not sure how much fat i've lost thanks to it, but I feel a lot stronger than I did a month ago.
>>
>>38149549
The new time was 15:55 not 16:55. LOL
>>
>>38149549
15:55 is not that bad,a /fit/ amateur trackand field runner needs about 12 minutes for it.good progress.
>>
>>38149234
>planks
why waste your time doing static cardio on a muscle that works in every single lift?
>>
>>38149166
first build muscle, then lose the fat
thank me later.
>>
>>38149993
>t. fatty
>>
>>38149166
Make sure you only shed the stubborn belly fat and I recommend taking a cleanser to clean the pounds of rotting food and toxic sludge from your stomach and intestines.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.