[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I spent the last 10 years of my life doing farm work. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 530911-man-carrying-feed-sack.jpg (71KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
530911-man-carrying-feed-sack.jpg
71KB, 624x416px
I spent the last 10 years of my life doing farm work. I've gained considerable strength without thinking about it much, which resulted in me typically carrying all of the feed sacks, hay bales, etc. on my left shoulder and using my left arm more. The right arm/chest area is considerably weaker in comparison. ie: I can easily "jiggle" the pec muscles on the left side, but not the right.

I'm no longer living that life so I cannot put in 10 years of labor into my right side. How do I match it? What exercises would simulate lifting of feed/hay and carrying on a shoulder? Preferably something I don't need to go to a gym for.
>>
>>38147923
you can literally buy sacks of feed grain and move them around your yard. make a big pile on one end then move them back to the other side. if you live in an apartment then its even better, because you can move them down the stairs and stack them on the sidewalk, then move them all back upstairs again
>>
>>38147956
i don't think it would achieve results quickly to match having done that for ten years on the other side.
basically i would like to work towards something more strenuous.
>>
>>38147956
exactly, this guy gets it
>>
>>38148026
seems like there would be something a little less ridiculous while working the same muscles though.
>>
>>38148011
Just do a regular lifting program and your right side will catch up because its less trained. Also you can add some right side specific exercises if you want
>>
During those ten years you didn't think to maybe carry them on your right shoulder half the time?
>>
File: 10 out of 10 would not bang.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 would not bang.gif
2MB, 640x480px
I doubt you made 10 years of progress OP.
You probably made a few months or a year maybe of progress then stagnated because you were doing the same workload every day.

Just start doing normal strength training at a gym and you will even your shit out faster than you'd think.
>>
>>38148482
no, because it was "easier" to do it on the one i was used to. for a good portion of that time i was a teenager and didn't think much about having strength or the aesthetic of musculature; i just knew i had work to do and wanted to get it done.

>>38148536
i didn't say i had gone continuously upwards for 10 years, only that i did it for ten years. i undoubtedly stagnated somewhere in there.

i'd rather not go to a gym though. my question mostly concerns what exercises i can do to work this area (without going to a gym) to "catch up" to the other side.
>>
>>38149137
Listen to >>38148085
Get a rack, barbell, and weights for use at home if you don't want to go to a gym.
>>
>>38149137
You're a faggot then.

My right forearm is veinier than my left because of jacking it all the time, so I try and set up more of the weight with the left arm when I'm carrying around boxes at work to balance out.

Really though if you're worried about your right side not catching up under a standard barbell routine for se reason (it will) just do dumbbell stuff with the right side and eat a little more.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.