[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHA TIME FOR TEA & COFFEE THREAD Discuss your fav brands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: green-tea-in-a-cup.jpg (25KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
green-tea-in-a-cup.jpg
25KB, 700x466px
HAHA TIME FOR TEA & COFFEE THREAD

Discuss your fav brands and flavors, the pros and cons of using them for /fit/ness, and how much you drink.
>>
I drink green tea in the spring/summer, black tea in the fall/winter and oolongs all year. I can give specific recs but I'm nearly exclusively drinking Chinese tea. Taiwan/Japan are cool but expensive teas while Indian teas are really hit or miss. Tea is the best way to get caffeine and theanine but I will have a French press of single estate coffee when in the mood.
>>
>>38147671
how the fuck do you get green tea looking like that? mine always comes out darker and more brownish and yellowish.
>>
>>38147785
>Tea is the best way to get caffeine

what do you mean by this? a cup of coffee will contain more caffeine than a cup of tea will.
>>
I work at Tim Horton's so I naturally consume a lot of coffee. I'm trying to cut back by replacing it with tea and water, but damn if coffee doesn't just taste better, period. Coffee with cream and sugar is just good no matter where you get it.

Plus, since coming back from Japan all brands of bagged green tea taste like shit. Earl Grey is still pretty dope though
>>
>>38147794
Depends on what kind, I think. Matcha is usually pretty green.
>>
>>38147816
Any Jap Green Tea that is worth importing?
>>
>>38147794

The quality of the leaves makes a difference. Pic is shopped a bit plus good lighting, but you can come close with good, loose leaf tea. Also make sure you don't over-steep (usually =>3 min) or over extract (180-195F water).
>>
>>38147802
I didn't mean it has more caffeine, I think it's the best way to take it. Basically as if I were to say I like drinking beer better than liquor. It has a lot more notropics other than caffeine like theanine. Some teas even have GABA.
>>
>>38147671
I drink green and chamomile tea
>>
>>38148388
Den's tea and yuuki-cha are probably the best bang for your buck. Japanese tea is the most expensive tea. Not necessarily the best, just the most rare. Japanese green tea is more grassy tasting while Chinese is more citrusy like an ipa.
>>
White tea and black coffee.
>>
Coffee and chicory, two cups a day one in the morning and one 30 minutes before workout.
So fucking good.
>>
>>38147671
Japanese Sencha all the way. I fucking love sencha tea. Iced, warm, whatever. It's delicious, packed with l-theanine, got caffeine. Nootropic effects and less of an on-edge feeling than coffee. Also, full of antioxidants
>>
>>38147794
japanese based green teas are green. and chinese based are yellow/brown
>>
>>38148866
Thanks, I ordered some japanese sencha tea, never had it before.
>>
>>38150102
Sencha is just the name for their first harvest green tea, that being said its fucking great
>>
>>38150154
Sencha just means brewed tea, i.e. leaf tea. As opposed to matcha which is fine ground tea.
It sounds like someone memed you a bit.
>>
>>38150249
Not this guy, but sencha tastes more fresh than regular green tea for some reason. No idea why though, I'm no expert. Perhaps it's time to read up on tea.
>>
>>38150249
Meh, still interested to try something new, no biggie.
Plus it may be a flavor that I like, it was highly reviewed on amazon
>>
I run on tea and water. More on tea in the colder seasons. Favourites include mint, melissa, blackcurrant and green tea. Black tea is a staple due to convenience, my family always has a pot of ceylon ready.

Sage is great when your throat hurts, nettle tastes nicely refreshing.

For sweets, black tea with milk and sugar is already a sweet in itself and I'm a sucker for any green tea treats.
>>
>>38150351
I wasn't trying to shit on it too much. Japan basically only makes green tea, and as someone said above, it's different from Chinese tea. The quality of the specific tea is probably good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.