[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /fit/ I'm dying Basically, I caught EBV, a virus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Help me /fit/ I'm dying

Basically, I caught EBV, a virus which makes your tonsils swell up extremely, and makes you weak and tired among other things.

My Doctor says I will not be able to do any lifting or running for the next 12 weeks, and I believe him since I can't stay awake for more than 4 hours without dozing off. How do I not turn into the skinniest marshmallow in existence

My biggest problem right now is food though. Since my tonsils are swelled even drinking water hurts like hell. For the last week I've been eating ~500kc per day. I've started eating a lot of bananas since they are mushy and relatively high calorie
Do you know any high calorie soups or anything?
>>
>>38146328
what about protein shakes?
>>
>>38146345
that might be an idea, it must be with water though, I shouldn't consume dairy
>>
>>38146356
there are different kinds of proteins. You could get plant based as well, though avoid soy for obvious reasons.

Also, this may work as well

http://ergo-log.com/build-muscles-but-eat-little-protein-use-l-citrulline.html

But shit, it aint easy if you only have 4 hours a day. You would need to prioritize certain area's more. Can you even go to a gym? A half an hour workout might work.

Otherwise you are forced to do bodyweight exercises when the docs arent looking.
>>
Can't your doc just cut those fuckers out?

>had tonsilitis all the time as a kid
>parents asked me if I want them out
>me being 7 years old thought fuck no dude what lmao shit's painful fuck outta here nigga
>fast forward
>breath smells terrible
>still get tonsilitis occasionaly

I really wish I was smarter back then.
>>
>>38146391
He said no stress since that might prolong the illness but I'll ask him on thursday if I can't at least do BW exercises

The L-citrulline sounds exactly like the stuff I need. Cheers

I might also start doing bulk smoothies or something
>>
>>38146439
Sounds like an interesting problem to tackle. Very specific as well. I think you may need to ask your doc more about what you can do. Also use examine.com as a handy guide to plow through. If you have little energy, you could perhaps at least optimize it with creatine/caffeine. Perhaps there are even medicines that can reduce the severity. But you are better off asking your doc. I know very little of the problem that you have.

Maybe some other anon can help you better, so at least have another bump.

Also, you mention soup because its easy to get past those things? So you have problems with taste as well? Protein powders would be difficult to deal with in that case then as all of them are made sweet. Though I once ate a hemp protein shake and it was sour, perhaps better to combine with chicken soup.
>>
>>38146328
This is an 18 or older site anon.
>>
>>38146489
It's called student's fever because you get it form hooking up nerd

>>38146480
My sense of taste is not limited at all but just imagine that my tonsils are getting real close and friendly with my uvula withc leaves only a small hole to swallow stuff through

>>38146435
I thought about that but apparently you shouldn't get surgery because literally everything in my throat is cankerous and inflamed

anyway thanks for the help guys
>>
>>38146328
I lost 15 pounds mainly muscle since I was pretty skinny when I got it. Enjoy there's nothing you can do.
>>
>>38146328
>The Epstein–Barr virus (EBV), also called human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is one of eight known viruses in the herpes family, and is one of the most common viruses in humans.

It is best known as the cause of infectious mononucleosis (glandular fever). It is also associated with particular forms of cancer, such as Hodgkin's lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, gastric cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, and conditions associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), such as hairy leukoplakia and central nervous system lymphomas.[1][2] There is evidence that infection with EBV is associated with a higher risk of certain autoimmune diseases,[3] especially dermatomyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren's syndrome,[4][5] and multiple sclerosis.[6] Some 200,000 cancer cases per year are thought to be attributable to EBV.[7]

OP is kill,rip
>>
Now is your chance to become a sick cunt by doing psmf for 12 weeks

Drink beef protein isolate shakes (or whey if you cant get it)

Then drink dextrose shakes on your re feed day.
>>
>>38146837
>present in 95% of Humans

>>38146872
yeah, another Anon told me about L-Citrulline. I might be dying but I could also get the sickest abs

>>38146832
Already lost ~8 pounds in 2 weeks
>>
>>38146804
You get mono from swapping saliva, almost every person in the world has the virus.
So you never kissed a girl at all when you were a younger teen?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.