[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many scoops are considered too much in 1 shake? Please refrain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1440876541162.jpg (31KB, 593x386px) Image search: [Google]
1440876541162.jpg
31KB, 593x386px
How many scoops are considered too much in 1 shake?
Please refrain from shitposting, actually asking for a genuine answer.
>>
4 scoops is typically the safe limit for humans, but if you're on your way to leaving humanity behind you can do more
>>
Wholly depends on your macros.
>>
>>38136391

You should already know how much protein you need, and how much protein you're eating from normal food. From that, you can figure out how much you need to make up with powder.
>>
>>38136411
fpbp
>>
I know you're not going to believe me but my friend put 6 scoops of protein in ONE shake and died of a overdose don't do it man.
>>
>>38136411
>>38136414
My macros consist of 100g protein, which some say is way too much and i can not say if that is true

>>38136429
So, i take a shake in the morning, before going to bed and one on workout days after the workout
>>
>pretending your body can even synthesize more than 40g in any period.
>>
>>38136495
Broscience or not
>>
>>38136499
Serious?
>>
>>38136445
have you considered eating meat
>>
>>38136445

There are two common versions of the formula, your bodyweight * 0.8, or your LEAN body mass * 1 gram. (So as you can see, assuming your body fat percentage is ~20%, which it probably is close to that unless you're a skelly or a hamplanet, these would give you about the same number.) That's how many grams of protein you should be getting in a day.

How many grams of protein are you eating in a day via normal food? You SHOULD already know how many calories and how many grams of protein you are eating. If you don't, stop what you are doing and fix this before you go any further.

So say you need 160 grams of protein in a day, but you're only eating 100. Read the label on your protein powder, and figure out how much you need to take in to make up the other 60g. 2 scoops? 3? Depends on the brand/size of the actual scoop. Hell, get out a food scale and weigh that shit if you have to.
>>
>>38136495
Tard
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23260197/
Protein synthesis =\= protein anabolism
>>
>>38136495
>pretending your body can even synthesize protens
>>
>>38136495
numerous sources have disproved this, also synthesize? what dude?!
>>
File: pepewalesgood.png (43KB, 486x443px) Image search: [Google]
pepewalesgood.png
43KB, 486x443px
>>38136445
>my macros consist of 100g protein
are you a dwarf or something?
>>
>Read the back of packet
>Read the recommended ratio
>Try the recommended ratio
>adjust to taste
That is how to find the right number of scoops for you. I personally don't 2 scoops to 250ml of milk
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.