[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna deload my squat by about 30% and work my way back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1418970393840.jpg (83KB, 490x696px) Image search: [Google]
1418970393840.jpg
83KB, 490x696px
I'm gonna deload my squat by about 30% and work my way back up from there. Somewhere along the line my form got worse and recently I fucked up my lift and my back started to hurt.

Will I be making any sort of gains from the squat despite making a deload?

I just hate having to go 2 steps back ;_;
>>
>>38135122
Since the weights easier you can try doing more sets than usual. Just pay extra attention to form and don't let it break at all.
>>
>>38135134
I'm doing a begginer routine and it tells me to do 3x5. I'm probably gonna try 5x5 I guess. I hope increasing the set will compensate for lack of weight and still help with strength
>>
One last bump
>>
>>38135122
>Will I be making any sort of gains from the squat despite making a deload?
of course not, and there's no way you need to deload a full 30% to fix your form.
>>
>>38136995
Wouldn't it though? With proper form I'm using the correct muscles instead of distributing the force unevenly

How much would you suggest then? I fucked up at 65 lbs. on each side. Should I go back to one plate and increase 5 lbs every session to pick up where I left off quickly?
>>
>>38137078
cont.

My main issue is bar placement, gripping, and posture.

I've began to bend forward awkwardly and I tried to stand up straight and ended up falling backwards and almost injuring myself.

If its not my back that hurts, then its my wrist. High bar squats hurt my spine no matter how much I retract my shoulders and low bar makes me fall backwards.
>>
>>38137078
warm up with bar and perfect form. try lmao1plate x5. from there just slowly up the weight. desu sounds like you might not be warming up properly
>>
>>38137155
If youre falling back it's probably because your back angle is too vertical and the bar is thus behind your midfoot. Commit to a horizontal back angle.

And buy some lifting shoes for fucks sake.
>>
>>38137224
I'm thinking about switching to low bar to make it easier on my spine
>>
>>38135122
>Will I be making any sort of gains from the squat despite making a deload?

yes. squatting something is better than squatting nothing
>>
>>38137768
Going slower and adding more tension will help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.