[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does strength training pay off in combat? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1-leg-training-750x422.jpg (223KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
1-leg-training-750x422.jpg
223KB, 750x422px
How much does strength training pay off in combat?

I'm sure it probably in grappling but what about striking?

According to pic related, I assume its mostly based on core and hips.
>>
>>38134961
>How much does strength training pay off in combat?
>in striking
Not at all. Seriously, it's completely useless, you don't use strength in striking.
>>
>>38134961
Strength training transfers well in any sport.
>>
the more you lift the more mass you have

The more mass you have the more you can add to the bar

The more you add to the bar the slower your reps become

Turn those slow reps into fast explosive ones and then your strength training paid off
>>
You would need it for movement and getting around obstacles, especially with plate carriers on but mostly endurance for short sprints to cover. Oh wait, we are talking about autistic combat
>>
>>38134961
>>38135144
actually you use, its not the strength that will tell if it was a good and a bad punch, but i can guarantee you that if you get a feather weight boxe champ and mike tyson the difference will be huge, and both has perfect technique
>>
It helps a shit ton at the amateur and lower pro levels. It's also really important for people without an athletic background, because you can make a lot of improvements to your strength and speed in a short amount of time, before you get to the point where you're slow grinding for minimal progress.

Elite athletes are a different conversation, because you're talking about a group of people that are generally already at a high level of their potential for strength and speed combined with off the chart reflexes. Grinding for an extra 50 pounds on their squat isn't nearly as important for them as having a big gas tank.
>>
>>38134961
its pretty fucking huge. Strength training like squats helps build that explosive power in your core that helps in lifting to throwing effective kicks and punches.
>>
>>38135337
yeah, but who could knowck you out easier? jon jones or mc gregor? both know how to throw good punches, but jon jones is much stronger
>>
>>38135212
>muay thai
>autistic

Anything other than MMA, boxing, kick boxing, muay thai, BJJ, and Judo is autistic
>>
>>38135448
https://youtu.be/jBPcr56qHgQ

Amazing form :)
>>
>>38134961
Probably 70% of a punch is generate from the core and legs.

Strength training can pay-off if you focus on power development.

If you just train to add mass but don't learn to move it effectively, you are just fucking yourself over.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.