[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>340 pounds 5'8 >been eating around 1500 calories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1427651677728.jpg (54KB, 395x388px) Image search: [Google]
1427651677728.jpg
54KB, 395x388px
>340 pounds 5'8
>been eating around 1500 calories for the past week and 2 days with little to no exercise
>only lost 5 pounds
Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
>>
how fast exactly are you imagining to drop op
>>
>>38133364
I don't know, I just want to lose weight. I've heard that large fat fucks such as myself lose a lot though starting out so I wanted to know if I'm retarded or something.
>>
I think 5lbs in just over a week is really good progress. Be patient, keep strong.
Been watching that 600lbs life and they weigh 700+ lbs and lose 40-50lbs in a month, so 5lbs in a week is fair.
>>
>>38133376

If you went keto and maitained your deficit you'd shed the fat quicker. I'm speaking from experience as a former chubby.
>>
>>38133347
Well you spent years eating your way up to the 300s it's gonna take a little while until you start seeing real signs of improvement. 5lbs in a week though is fantastic progress and keep at it bro.
>>
1500 is a lot. Cut out lunch and aim for 1200.
>>
Without exercise you cant expect to being losing crazy numbers.
>>
>>38133347

healthy weight loss is 2 pounds a week. go to calorie calculator and figure out what youre calorie intake levels should be for maintenance and weight loss. But I think you are on the right track, just remember fitness takes years of dedication. Don't look for results for a few months. After 10 pounds lost I felt fatter than when I started. It's a mind fuck.

My advice? Stop weighing yourself, stop looking in the mirror, just fundamentally change your eating habits and life style, do research every day to keep getting a better understanding of fitness, and never. give. up.

You'll have bad days where you overeat. Remember the only time these days ruin your diet is when you don't get back on the wagon the next day.
>>
>>38133347
Calculate how many calories you should ACTUALLY be losing on a TDEE calculator.
http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Also, 1500 may be too low for your weight. You probably hit starvation mode. Try a refeed, perhaps where you hit 2000 calories if you decide not to follow my previous advice.
>>
>>38133602
Well, if youre a hamplanet you can start with a huge deficit
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615
Basically, for first few weeks you can cut 70kcal per 1kg of fat tissue you have to loose, without loosing muscle (or drastic amounts of it). It is the amount of calories 1kg of fat can release per day.
You probably have about 80kg of fat to loose. You maximum deficit is not really achievable.

I have started at approx. your weight, although I'm 5'11. I've been cutting at 1500kcal intake at first and the progress has been great. You can increase the intake later.
>>
>>38133347
just wait for the snowball bruh
>>
>>38133347

5pounds is already nice. just keep cutting for a year fatty.
>>
File: 2016-05-29 19.52.03.jpg (50KB, 356x525px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-29 19.52.03.jpg
50KB, 356x525px
>>38133821
Oh, and you should never go below 1200kcal. It's too unhealthy. 1500kcal is a great choice desu.

Go to the gym too. Do machines for a month, then a brosplit for few months. It's easier than compound lifts in terms of form and technique, and your mobility must be shitty. You will still get noob gains, which will allow you to eat more and still loose weight. Work on your mobility (look up limber 11 and an upper body mobility routine from the same guy). Once you can move properly start a 5x5 routine such as SL, SS or greyskull LP and develop your strength. Once you reach 1/2/3/4pl8 lifts think what to do next.

If you break the diet, be it for a meal, a day, or a few day binge, just get it under control and go back on a diet. Don't hate yourself, noone is perfect. Maybe eat 200kcal more to avoid going on a binge again. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Mistakes happen, it's about how you pick youself up and persist.
>>
>>38133347

340 lbs. At 5'8" a healthy weight is like 140. So lets say the goal is to lose 200 lbs.

3500 calories for 1 lb of fat. So you need to run a 700,000 calorie deficit.

Assuming you're running a 500 cal deficit every day, it will take almost 4 years.

The good news is you could probably eat 2500-3000 and still be at a deficit. If eating 1500 makes you want to off yourself you're not going to be able to stick to it. Try to make basic sustainable changes like cutting out soda.

Good luck OP.
>>
>>38133347
Go buy a weight loss pill. Then drink some caffeine along with the pill. You're gonna be shaking quite a bit and not wanna eat anything or you'll throw up. Go for a fucking walk outside for 30 minutes or try doing jump walking (jogging). When you get back home and take a shower do some BW squats in the shower holding onto a rail or something that won't break from your weight. If you wanna see some massive weight loss eat the same amount of calories you've been doing and drink tons of water. Doing all the above will probably make you lose 20-30lbs in a month. An extremely obese guy at work has been losing weight like mad. Was 400lbs and now is around 250lbs. Always compliment him saying hes lost tons of weight and starting to look in shape to keep his confidence up.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.