[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here train in any kind of martial arts or similar? General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1463024332146.jpg (61KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1463024332146.jpg
61KB, 500x700px
Anyone here train in any kind of martial arts or similar?

General boxing/ma thread?

I'd post in ASP but let's be honest it's a fucking shitfight.
>>
>>38131368
I did taekeondo(5 years) bjj(2 years) wrestling(1 year) and boxing(few months)
Now i just enjoy working out.
On one hand theres no one trying to break my nose or arm so I like it on the other hand i miss the competitive nature of training.
>>
>>38131392
How was tae kwon do? I'm honestly interested in it for kinda like the fitness and flexibility side, I've got a good boxing background and some muay thai

Are there any kicking martial arts bar MT and TKD that exist really?
>>
>>38131422
Very good for kicking, footwork, speed. You will gain muscle in several places like legs and core. Tournaments are bullshit but who cares just dont go.
My taekwondo instructor was cool and allowed grappling as well when we sparred if he knew we trained. He introduced me to my bjj and boxing instructors as well.
As far as kicking it is superior to Muay Thai. What makes Muay Thai better overall is that it is more rounded. Taekwondo is very strong at certain points but also very weak in others which is why its a good supplement if you want to be a better fighter but it shouldnt be your main style.
>>
>>38131422

TKD is amazing for balance and flexibility. It shouldn't be something you learn as a primary martial art for self defense certainly but has some very tangible benefits athletically.
>>
>>38131422
Savate
>>
>>38131648
Savate just looks like taekwondo combined with boxing when I see it. The footwork, side kicks and kicking with the foot/instep is really tkd-like.
Either way good luck to OP trying to find a savate school these days. Unless you'e in France its pretty much impossible.
>>
>>38131422
Kyokushin karate produces some really hard kickers
>>
There is a Ving Tsun gym five minutes from my appartment and I really think this is a cool martial art but I really don't have the time and energy...
>>
>>38131798
I dont understood why that stuff looks cool to people. To me it just looks like grown men slapping each other around.
>>
>>38131422
Fuck tae kwon dildo. Do based kyokushin
>>
>>38131798
Wing chun is almost as memey as aikido m8
>>
>>38131422
Did it for years.

Great for flexibility, speed, reactions etc. Also god-tier cardio.

Not great as a method of self defence. The reality is that the only way to learn to deal with getting punched in the face is to get punched in the face, and due to all the pads and the rules, TKD is a bit limited in that respect (though not as bad as some)

I'd personally recommend the old /asp/adage (before it turned into /wwe/) of
> bjj/judo/wrestling + muay thai / kickboxing/ kyokushin
>>
I do muay thai, I did compete and won the national championship at my weight class AMA
>>
Judo a
>>
File: 1468425804742.jpg (55KB, 960x540px)
1468425804742.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
>tfw you're better at taekwondo than most black belts
>tfw competition is getting awful low

I just want a gym were i can fight people and learn some sick ass moves doing it
>>
>>38131798
Please don't do Wing Chun, it is a fundamentally poor martial art and I'm saying this as a kung fu practitioner. The fundamentals of Wing Chun are so flawed it's impossible to turn it into something you can use in a fight.

>>has upright fighting stance
well done, you have a high centre of gravity which means your strikes don't have any force and your opponents strikes will knock you over

>>punches from the arm rather than the feet and hips
well done, your punches are quick and have no force. An untrained person will just eat the punches then haymaker you and a trained person will bounce them harmlessly off their guard.

>>over emphasises close range striking
well done, experienced strikers will keep you harmlessly at leg-length distance and grapplers will immediately clinch you. Did I mention you have no clinch defences?

This is in addition to the standard kung fu baggage of having too much focus on forms and set techniques, but while other styles can be 'saved' by pressure testing them under Sanda rules, Wing Chun is fundamentally 'wrong'.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.