[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>check out a new gym >free trial on the other side of town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1469929244270.jpg (45KB, 646x517px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469929244270.jpg
45KB, 646x517px
>check out a new gym
>free trial on the other side of town so why not
>my gym isnt beastly but its good
>bodybuildera, powerlifters, and dyels
>new gym only has dyels
>2 squat racks
>first rack has a couple doing quarter squats lifting their heels
>second rack has two dyels doing 185lb squats and grunting and acting like their alphas
>turn right around and leave gym drive the 30 minutes to get to mine

When you're the best one in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Any bad gym stories fitizens?
>>
>>38131190

Get off your high horse, champ. Why does it matter what the other people in the gym are doing? How do they impact your workout?

I swear to god, the elitism I see on this messageboard is abysmal. If someone did the same with movies or books you'd call them pretentious, but then you turn around and do the exact same thing with weights.
>>
>>38131215
>>38131215
>>
>>38131190
>go to home town gym (usually go to uni gym in another city)
>one guy benching like 70kg
>arms about the size of my head

lel fucking roidlets
>>
>>38131215
Competition is a natural thing and you can deny it all you want but the fact is seeing someone do better is a motivator to be better yourself.

Being a big fish in a small pond does nothing for you.

You can cry all you want about being the new age millenial of it is ok to be mediocre and those better than you or wanting to be better are the assholes. But in reality you're the cunt.

Movies and books are all subjective, weights are not.
>>
>>38131262

>Competition is a natural thing and you can deny it all you want but the fact is seeing someone do better is a motivator to be better yourself.
I never "denied" competition was natural or that it can drive you to improve. The issue I have is you looking down on people who can't lift as much as you can and seeing them as being beneath you.

>Being a big fish in a small pond does nothing for you.
Sounds like more of an issue with your own mental drive.

>You can cry all you want about being the new age millenial of it is ok to be mediocre and those better than you or wanting to be better are the assholes. But in reality you're the cunt.
Again, I never said that. And your reply seems to be directed more towards an imaginary "new age millennial" foe which I am not.

>Movies and books are all subjective, weights are not.
True. But your attitude towards the weights and looking down on people who lift less than you is entirely subjective.
>>
I usually go to the gym Saturday nights around eight or nine and man the fat, skinnyfat, desperate and dateless, manchild, manlets are embarrassing. I agree it's is hopelessly unmotivating when you are the biggest guy in the gym.
>>
>>38131215
>>38131215
>>38131215
>>
>>38131190
>when you're the best one in the room you're in the wrong room
how the fuck does this apply to a gym, regardless of other people lifting you can get in, lift, and get out, your gains are completely independent from anyone else's progress you fucking retard. Smart people surround themselves with smart people because they can share knowledge and experience, you can't share gains

>b-but I could use advice from big guys
As if you actually talk to them faggot
>>
>>38131190
This isn't regular autism.. It's advanced autism
>>
>>38131591
>it's unmotivating being the biggest guy at my gym
But you wouldn't know that would you :^]

Fuck off m8, even if you were the biggest guy at the gym, what the fuck do you think the biggest guy at the gym uses to motivate himself to get bigger
>hehe I'm the biggest here now better switch gyms

Man I knew /fit/ was fucking autistic but this is just another level
>>
>>38131215
This guy is right.

There could be an argument if you're on the same team and you don't want them to drag you down, but you're not.

I bet OP was one of those pathetic kids that would orbit the "cool kids" in high school because he didn't want to be the coolest there.
>>
>>38131334
>sounds like more of an issue with your own mental drive.
I agree with most of your post except this part.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.