[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't fucking do it. I don't know how to squat. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: download.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 205x246px
I can't fucking do it. I don't know how to squat. I almost broke my wrist trying to fix my form. I fucking end up awkwardly bending forward while standing. When I tried to stand straight I almost fell back.

I need help on form /fit/ please help me.
>>
get a belt

get olympic weight lifting shoes

high-bar squat

look high
the above is how I went from stalling at lmao2 plate for years because of form/technique issues, to eventually hitting a comfortable lmao5 plate squat
>>
>>38130774
this is terrible advice for someone who doesn't even know how to squat.

>>38130740
go make some form check videos and post it on /r/fitness.those dyels love critiquing newbies.
>>
File: GoodLooking Jesus.jpg (56KB, 478x338px) Image search: [Google]
GoodLooking Jesus.jpg
56KB, 478x338px
>>38130740
Shhh my child and listen.

When in doubt reduce the weight and try again. Know if that doesnt help then go back to square 1 and squat with an empty bar until you can hit depth. Ingrain that motion into your head and slowly up the weight.

My son the turtle does not seek advice from a rabbit, but another turtle.

Lastly this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
>>
>>38130774
This is fucking terrible advice, never give advice again. You probably suck at squatting too

>>38130740
Learn the basic cues. Heels down, knees tracking over toes, chest up, etc.
Practice sitting in the hole, practice doing 'sumo stretch'
If you can't sit down in the hole for some time, you can't do a full ROM squat
Tight ankles/achilles are often an issue with beginners

1. Practice sitting in the bottom position, ATG (sumo stretch)
2. Do the same movement with a light weight (goblet squat)
3. Do it again with a heavier weight (~50 lb goblet squat)
4. Try a barbell. You should've looked up how to hold ot properly on your traps by this point. Do box squats first to practice if you must
DO NOT add weight without being able to do these 4 for full ROM first
>>
>>38130800
>>38130860

itt: kids who prob just hit 4 plate squat for the first time in their life thinking they're strength coaches

lmao
>>
>>38130740
Post us a video of your squat
>>
File: Really Nigga.jpg (8KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
Really Nigga.jpg
8KB, 200x225px
>>38130890
>implying a 4pl8 to depth squat isnt impressing
>inb4Icandothatin2years
>implying that not 405lbs on your back
>projecting this hard

Why the fuck is /fit/ even like this? A 4pl8 ATG squat is impressive
>>
>>38130956
He's mad because his advice was shit and he lied about his own squat and got called out on it

>stalling at 2 plate
>resorting to a belt at 2 plate
>resorting to lifting shoes at 2 plate
Crutches don't fix a broken leg
>>
OP here

So I guess deload and work my way back up?
>>
File: 1392873577471.jpg (432KB, 900x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1392873577471.jpg
432KB, 900x1181px
not OP, but anon here who gave up on squats. i have a physical issue with my left leg, but no physical therapist/sports doctor could tell me what was wrong. my left leg had a severe strain a few years back, never fully recovered.

my calf stiffens up easily and starts straining itself a shit ton if i don't reign it in, and i can't walk for more than half a mile without feeling pain. despite this, i still go to the gym, have been a couple years, and i do deadlift but am unsure about my limit there.

my question is: how difficult is it to find out if you have a fucked up tendon or muscle after an injury? were the doctors scamming me? even had x-rays that showed up nothing. please, i would love to squat. i would love to run.
>>
man its fucking easy

place the bar in either high or low bar position

knees out chest out ass out

down

up

lel
>>
I couldn't squat for fucking shit. I just kept falling backwards. Widen your stance man. That's it. Widen your stance until you can squat. It's sounds so simple, but try it and see if it works for you like it did for me.
>>
>>38130860
What if your traps aren't huge?
>>
>>38131041
Doctors can only help you with textbook injuries. It's incredibly rare to find a doctor who can provide relevant injury recovery information. Even pro sports teams have trouble locking quality talent in this area down. You're going to have to figure it out yourself.
>>
>>38131041
Pain isn't necessarily always a sign of an injury - it's a function of both nervous stimulation and brain response. Your brain can literally 'learn' to feel pain when you move through a certain ROM even though the injury has long since healed. This is why so many people with chronic pain conditions appear to have 'nothing' wrong with them. It's also likely why painkillers seem to have such a patchy record in dealing with certain commonly cited chronic pains.

Overcoming this is a huge challenge for anyone, but almost every successful case you hear about involves 'showing' the patient that the pain isn't actually worth worrying about.

The reason a lot of doctors fuck this up is because they look for a physical cause, and when they can't find one, they tell the patient the pain 'isn't real' or 'has no cause,' which is stupid because as far as the patient is concerned it is very fucking real.

If people have struggled to find physical abnormalities then your best course of action may be to slowly reintroduce yourself to the movement with very light weights to show yourself that it's not a big deal. But what the fuck do I know, I'm posting about rehab on a Malagasay kale harvesting board.
>>
File: 1412890019526.gif (3MB, 350x373px) Image search: [Google]
1412890019526.gif
3MB, 350x373px
>>38131162
>>38131250
thank you, anons. i've been trying to understand the root of the issue for a couple years, but i think i'm on to something. just thought i'd see how /fit/izens have dealt with this sort of issue. i had a feeling they couldn't do much for me, just was hopeful after another anon talked about tendon surgery after another procedure uncovered the big problem.

like any truly great man, my body is my problem alone. i will overcome, gentlemen.
>>
File: E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg (28KB, 580x533px) Image search: [Google]
E6080_491847_ebook_Main.jpg
28KB, 580x533px
My femurs are stupidly long. To keep the bar over my midfoot with a lowbar squat I need to be pretty much flat in the hole. I spent more than a year stalling and fucking up my back before switching to front squats.

Does anyone else only front squat/deadlift for legs?
>>
>>38131353
Are front squats easier on the back? I feel like it would only take away back pain and replace it with wrist pain
>>
>>38131353
>tfw long femur and long humerus
enjoy front squatting but the rack placement can be a bitch when i'm not in peak stretch
>>
>>38131362
Much easier on the back, shearing forces are massively reduced
Wrist pains went away in a few days, I use two fingers

>>38131391
>long legs, long arms, short torso
Cant squat
Cant bench well
Deadlift is easy af
>>
I can't stop thinking about how much I fucked up my squatting at the gym. I'll swallow my pride and deload but I'm worried my legs won't be making gains while my upperbody does.
>>
Dont worry op put enough weight on the bar youll squat hahahaha
>>
>>38130740
watch the rippletits squat video
>>
>>38130740
It's like sitting onto a cock that doesn't exist you stupid faggot
>>
>Can you squat with out weight?
Good

>now squat with a empty bar
Good

>now squat with 10 pounds on bar
Cool, now you can squat

Start low, and work up. You should not need help getting to be able to squat an empty bar. If you do, then you most likely have sever musculature or skeletal issues and should not lift weights.
>>
>>38130740
are you a tallfag? That could explain a few things.
>>
Will my upperback get used to the bar despite it hurting a lot?
>>
>>38131489
no you just have to stop being a fucking bitch and deal with it. Or put the barbell pad on and squat
>>
>>38131068
When I squat my feet aren't straight forward, they are flared out to the sides, I can't get full ROM with them straight, is this bad? Should I try to fix it? The left side of my hip hurts if they are straight, I wanna say the joint but I don't know.
>>
>>38131453
squatting without weight is different than squatting with an empty bar

Differen't movement completely since you have no counterbalance and you need to create your own
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 500x375px
guys, one of the accesories in the sticky for the SS routine is weighted decline situps.

my question is this:

is it supposed to work your lower back also?
ive been doing them while keeping my back as straight as possible and i feel like my lower back is doing most of the work?
is this the way they are supposed to be done or should i arch my back while sitting up?

any advice is appreciated.
>>
>>38131489
It will stop hurting when you get more mass on your posterior delts and traps.
Do bent over reverse flyes, bent over barbell rows, upright rows and shrugs
>>
>>38131597
your core is more than just abs
theres some hip flexor and low back in there
but to use more abs don't curl your body up so much
focus on raising your torso up toward the ceiling while keeping it flat
rather than sitting up entirely and thus being perpendicular to the floor
start from decline and get to where youre parallel with the floor and form there focus on moving your abs toward to ceiling and not the wall in front of you
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.