[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever had a concussion before? I got my first concussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (902KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
902KB, 1920x2560px
Has anyone ever had a concussion before? I got my first concussion about a week ago but don't know how/when I should ease back into lifting weights/running again. Advice?
>>
File: 1460426321612.png (100KB, 241x249px) Image search: [Google]
1460426321612.png
100KB, 241x249px
I had one when I was 12 lol I don't remember
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>38128155
What if your existence from age 12 till now has just been a coma dream
>>
>>38127808
i've had 4 concussions so far, one of which i had to be life flighted for because i was unconscious for 10+ minutes
>>
>>38128155
Wake up Neo.
>>
i had a traumatic brain injury, which is p much a concussion x 10.

but srsly go to a doctor and ask him/her. fuck, i wouldn't be alive if it weren't for my medical team... in my case, i was instructed to wait 3 months, but i also broke part of my spine so i don't know how soon i could have gotten back into /fit/ stuff if it were just the brain damage.

but yeah DOCTOR
>>
>>38128212
>life flighted
>flighted
> 10 minutes
Should've left you, tbqhfam
>>
>>38127808
I had three. Don't think that I took more that a week off for any of them.
>>
>>38127808
Yeah. Mosh pit. Fun times.

If it's mild it actually doesn't take long at all.

Feel free to see a doctor though, as you know, you're paying for it regardless (thanks Obama). And if you're not in the US, then you're really paying for it.
>>
>>38127808
i got one when i was ~12
i don't know if i did shit in school because of the concussion or just because school got harder

i'll never know, and that terrifies me
>>
>>38130187
Don't worry. I'm sure you were born retarded.
>>
File: 1468133714611.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
1468133714611.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>38130195
thanks anon, that's comforting
>>
>>38130222
Np. The fact that no one pointed out that you already had 5-6 years of school to use as a baseline and nobody noticed or mentioned any change in your learning suggests that the concussion didn't negatively impact anything.
>>
>>38127808
Had one six years ago when I was 20, it was pretty fucking serious though and it took me half a year to get somewhat back to normal again. That stuff is just not funny. Once you realize that your whole perception of yourself and reality is dependant on that organ in your skull, you just know that it's nothing to ever risk for anything in your life. I know it's one of those facts that everybody seems to know, they will pretend like it's some trivial fact, but actually losing it all because of a few ml of blood in your brain is such an intense experience. Imagine something like a month or six of a continuous fever dream that just won't fucking stop. You can't remember who you are, you can't remember whether you have eaten today, you can't remember why you are in a hospital, people you kind of know you once loved come visit you and you just can't speak to them, you enjoy nothing, you can't focus long enough to even watch a single episode of some TV show, you constantly switch between depressive and manic etc. It feels like living in a bubble, like you haven't existed before or after and nothing makes sense any longer because nothing has any context. What before was a constant causal chain are now just random things happening, right in that moment, nothing before that, no reason why. Scares me shitless to think about it today.

The point is pretty much >>38129894
Take this shit seriously, your brain is all you are.
>>
>>38130187
My brother had a friend in school who liked to climb trees. One day he fell and hurt his head. He went back home and his mom did a great job ignoring the vomiting etc. He didn't get better and felt tired the next few days, his mom just thought he was getting sick, went to see the doctor eventually, then went straight to hospital, discovered that there was pressure built up in his skull. He got some surgery and recovered eventually, but his grades in school declined sharply. Everybody knew why, but nobody openly talked about it.

I remember his mom visiting us. She said "It was really difficult, but I'm just so glad everything he is fine again". Yeah, except for his newly acquired mental retardation you fucking useless whore mom.
>>
>>38130271
I was getting very high grades before but at the end of high school I was about 50-70% on everything, almost failing a few courses. I think it could go either way, really. I'm still retarded at the end of the day.

>>38130566
I think I just rested, no hospital. So that might be me. It's who I am now, though. I should probably get checked before I get an aneurysm or something though.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.